+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What an Incredible start to my week winning £825.000

What an Incredible start to my week winning £825.000

What an Absolutely amazing start to my week.
    The postie delivered a first class letter from the “International FIFA World Cup Online Lottery” congratulating me on my win of £825.000 in their tenth of April draw.
    To begin my claim I must contact Michael Bell who apparently resides at their “London Processing Main Office on 020-3000-2694 Quoting my reference number; FRB DOYOUREALLYTHINKI’MACUNT 21

The letter goes on to say and I quote- “Please to help us proceed with your claims this information must be kept away from the public to avoid unwarranted abuse of the program or fraudulent acts from criminal minded and unauthorised person(s)”

Apparently I’ve only got two weeks to claim my prize from the date of the letter or else it would be returned to the International Lottery Board as Unclaimed.
    Letter signed by the Vice President
    NICHOLAS MURRAY

Firstly I had to stop the wife from going on an online shopping spree!!

Secondly I googled International FIFA World Cup Online Lottery £825.000

Several articles came up warning people of this SCAM

Sadly the only people who would be suckered into this are the elderly
    My mother in law who has passed away suffered Altzheimers disease
    She would get all sorts of scam literature through the post and would have been on the phone to these cnuts right now!!

Has anyone else on here had the same letter this morning?

Re: What an Incredible start to my week winning £825.000

Just cashed my winning £1miilion from the same lottery. Only downside I had to pay £2,000 as a surety. But he’ll what’s 2 grand to a £1million. :heh

Checking my bank now to see if the dish has gone in!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post

The letter goes on to say and I quote- “Please to help us proceed with your claims this information must be kept away from the public to avoid unwarranted abuse of the program or fraudulent acts from criminal minded and unauthorised person(s)”
    I’m not being funny but what part of this didn’t you understand. It’s like you’re going out of your way to lose this money

I’m not losing any money SP
    I’m on hold at the moment to this lovely man Michael 💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷

These scams are designed to be as obviously a scam to the ordinary person as possible so they can target only the most vulnerable and not waste their time on people who will get a few hours in and think “hang on this can’t be right”.

That’s what makes it so sad, we can obviously have a chuckle about it but you do hear horrendous stories about the old and infirm losing their life savings in these kinds of schemes.

You lucky bugger , just enjoy it

International

I've been lucky too
    In the last 3 months I've won 47 air fryers.

Huh...that's peanuts.....I am in line for 30% of the proceeds of a lady's inheritance (millions...) from her dead father, who was a general in the Congolese army.
    Apparently it's stuck in a bank awaiting instructions. All I have to do is lend her the money (only a couple of thousand) to 'open the file......

You’re not going to get duped Maurice because you’ve got all your marbles
    It’s the extremely vulnerable that are going to fall prey to this bullshit
    There’s an ethical hacker that calls himself I think Pierogi who has a YouTube channel
    It’s worth looking up because he actually scams the scammers 👍

The channel on YouTube is actually called “Scammer Payback” 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    The channel on YouTube is actually called “Scammer Payback” 👍
    Ah...I will have a look at that.

I remember when I was living in UK used to get phonecalls from 'microsoft' telling me they had been notified of problems with my computer. I used to put on a very old lady voice and string them along for ages.....

We’ve both got too much time on our hands Maurice
    I like your style tho 😂

International

I think I'm getting compensation for an accident I had, it was going great the Manager came on to the call and everything, then I lost the line when I was explaining it wasn't my fault, I was driving the getaway car and the 2nd bank robber was too slow getting into the car, causing me to pull out in front of the police car which collided with us.

😂😂😂👍

My claim for the road accident was going well. Told them about the taxi that picked us up going over the central reservation on the M50, short hospital stay, cuts & bruising. Also mates with me getting injured, they wanted their numbers. The whole story went on for a while until they asked me when it was..........hitchhiking to Bolton Wanderers away in 1971. They put the phone down.