Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No
    Kalpol ?

It will help you sleep

Re: Rochdale Relegated

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Kalpol ?

It will help you sleep
    Why would I want to sleep? Im in work? I havent got all afternoon to doss about like you PIP boy.

Why would I want to sleep? Im in work? I havent got all afternoon to doss about like you PIP boy.
    You are in work ?

Are you a park keeper sitting on a bench having a rest ?

It's not even lunchtime ff sake , you might not have all afternoon but you have been on here all morning

Nappy rash cream ?

KY Jelly ?

You are in work ?

Are you a park keeper sitting on a bench having a rest ?

It's not even lunchtime ff sake , you might not have all afternoon but you have been on here all morning

Nappy rash cream ?

KY Jelly ?
    Multi tasking Pippy.

The main reason is the greed of the Premier league in taking everything for themselves and throwing scraps to the rest
    Remind us of the marvellous achievements Hartlepool made prior to the Prem being created; nothing to do with being overshadowed by Mddlesboro being not that far away?

I know you like to rail about big business at every opportunity, but at least allow your rants to have some relevance to the debate.

Getting vaguely back on topic after Sludge's diversion, I remember Shoot used to do these fantasy columns, matches played by "region of origin", ie teams with players born in the midlands etc.

Whilst those would be too big entities, I think football in the UK would be better if a number of teams consolidated, particularly in non-league.
    Bigger clubs in a region will always get the money, sponsors, support. It's hard for example to see Stevenage ever being bigger than Luton without some sugar daddy coming in and spending tonnes of money - which is part of the problem.

Multi tasking Pippy.
    Staring at the ducks and playing on your phone is not multi tasking

Anyone can do that

And you are the proof

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Remind us of the marvellous achievements Hartlepool made prior to the Prem being created; nothing to do with being overshadowed by Mddlesboro being not that far away?

I know you like to rail about big business at every opportunity, but at least allow your rants to have some relevance to the debate.
    I will try and be basic with you

Sides like Hartlepool and Rochdale and Aldershot are forever in the shadow of the bigger clubs

But the gap between the haves and have not in football has never been wider than it is since the burgeoning behemoth that is the Premier League

I mean are you arguing that it isn't?

Getting vaguely back on topic after Sludge's diversion, I remember Shoot used to do these fantasy columns, matches played by "region of origin", ie teams with players born in the midlands etc.

Whilst those would be too big entities, I think football in the UK would be better if a number of teams consolidated, particularly in non-league.
    Bigger clubs in a region will always get the money, sponsors, support. It's hard for example to see Stevenage ever being bigger than Luton without some sugar daddy coming in and spending tonnes of money - which is part of the problem.
    Try telling fans of Cheltenham Town or Gloucester they should be swallowed up by Bristol City

Try telling fans of Cheltenham Town or Gloucester they should be swallowed up by Bristol City
    I haven't said that. Maybe there's an opportunity for Cheltenham and Gloucester to merge, who knows. You seem to be happy with an underclass of teams who will never progress, maybe bounce around non-league/league two at best, maybe get a lucrative cup tie and that's about it.

If fans were generally that bothered about supporting their local side only, then we'd have massive crowds from Cardiff locals only, those from outside Cardiff would be backing their local sides regardless of level they play at.

The notion that the biggest, most successful clubs in the country should be financially supporting small clubs in the third, fourth or even fifth tier has always tickled me. It’s a ludicrous idea.

Does that sort of thing happen in any other country? If not, why should it happen here?

The main reason is the greed of the Premier league in taking everything for themselves and throwing scraps to the rest
    They don't take it. It is given to them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If Sludge started a business, in the unlikely event it became successful, somehow I don't think he'd be distributing his companies profits to smaller companies in a similar sector in the region.

I went to Spotland in the 70’s during the “ power strike/cut backs. They played Port Vale on a Sunday afternoon to save using any electricity etc. There was trouble at the end, mainly caused by the many fans who’d travelled up from the Potteries.

If Sludge started a business, in the unlikely event it became successful, somehow I don't think he'd be distributing his companies profits to smaller companies in a similar sector in the region.
    Start a business doing what exactly? Advising dossers how to play the welfare system.

Start a business doing what exactly? Advising dossers how to play the welfare system.
    How's mum ?

I certainly would

You could go further and say it’s earned by them.

They are given loads of cash by tv money

And they grab it all or as much as they can

It's the same principle

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You could go further and say it’s earned by them.
    Well you could but that would be bollocks

The notion that the biggest, most successful clubs in the country should be financially supporting small clubs in the third, fourth or even fifth tier has always tickled me. It’s a ludicrous idea.

Does that sort of thing happen in any other country? If not, why should it happen here?
    Spoken like a true capitalist

No distribution of wealth in your world

A trickle down of cash has until 1993 always happened in football

Clubs may have rivals but the football league is exactly that ....a league , a group , a union

The usual suspects will be happy watching 3 or 4 clubs as long as its on sky

You sound like Thatcher

Survival of the fittest

The power of the market place

The consumer is king

Well you could but that would be bollocks
    The Prem teams and Prem has a whole have created the demand for televised matches. That has led to fans wanting to watch games on TV, which has brought in advertising revenue.

So yes, it's been earned.

I get you'd yearn for the old days of no Sky, BT Sports etc so basically only a top league game televised every now and then, always involving top six teams, with lower league teams not getting a look in other than via a cup run, but the world has moved on; lower leagues are getting more publicity than at any time before.

A trickle down of cash has until 1993 always happened in football

Clubs may have rivals but the football league is exactly that ....a league , a group , a union

The usual suspects will be happy watching 3 or 4 clubs as long as its on sky
    Has it always tickled down?

You sure about that?

You're talking about an era when there was little TV money, the only games televised being those in the top league.