+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: man city fans at Wembley

man city fans at Wembley

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/st...stUNHGBpQ&s=19

getting a bit carried away there weren't they

Re: man city fans at Wembley

I've seen Liverpool fans do the same.

They've been to Wembley 20 times in 10 years and just scored a goal against opposition that they expected to beat.

It's just too easy for them at the moment but what do you expect.

I am sure we are all guilty of it at times, but the number of people recording it on their phones is rather depressing and all a bit 'black mirror'

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/st...stUNHGBpQ&s=19

getting a bit carried away there weren't they
    Just like the polite applause and general shaking of hands when Ben Turner scored. Not one person climbed onto the horizontal fencing and went ape shit. Would never do.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I am sure we are all guilty of it at times, but the number of people recording it on their phones is rather depressing and all a bit 'black mirror'
    That's what struck me too, they'll never watch those videos. Just enjoy the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    That's what struck me too, they'll never watch those videos. Just enjoy the moment!
    They're not for watching

They're for instagramming and other people to watch

Everytime we score it all goes Potty

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They've been to Wembley 20 times in 10 years and just scored a goal against opposition that they expected to beat.

It's just too easy for them at the moment but what do you expect.
    It was a penalty too which takes the edge off celebrating a bit imo.

You tend to be anticipating a goal* more than if it’s coming from an attacking play.

*unless you’re watching Cardiff this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They're not for watching

They're for instagramming and other people to watch
    I guess a generational thing, buying a ticket to record it for other people

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Just like the polite applause and general shaking of hands when Ben Turner scored. Not one person climbed onto the horizontal fencing and went ape shit. Would never do.
    What was the record? A guy went from 3 rows behind to 5 or 6 in front, was mayhem at the time but could have been a lot worse. Wembley equivalent of cheese rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    What was the record? A guy went from 3 rows behind to 5 or 6 in front, was mayhem at the time but could have been a lot worse. Wembley equivalent of cheese rolling!
    One guy landed between me and my son (we were in the front row). I thought he'd fallen from above somewhere/somehow he landed with such a thump. Turns out he'd been on the juice and couldn't stand. Later the match kicked off!! As for where people started from and ended up...goal 1...I went sideways, partly on my back (the sky was a lovely blue) and ended up pinned under half a dozen of our lads on top of those clothes dryer security fences. That hurt and took weeks for the bruised ribs to recover. Goal 2...easier to stand on the fencing. What a view looking back. Mayhem...limbs. Someone at the time said they ended up 15 rows from where they started which is quite likely. Happy days.