+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insane Goal Celebration Injuries Or Scars

Insane Goal Celebration Injuries Or Scars

Still have a four incher on my right shin after slipping through the next seat after Andy Campbells play off thumper

Claret everywhere

The bouncers on the doors of the glass house after the game thought I had been stabbed

Re: Insane Goal Celebration Injuries Or Scars

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Still have a four incher on my right shin after slipping through the next seat after Andy Campbells play off thumper

Claret everywhere

The bouncers on the doors of the glass house after the game thought I had been stabbed
    Wasn’t a goal celebration but was at Notts County away and was so drunk (and a steep stand) I fell forward and landed directly on my head, lucky I didn’t break my neck. Blood everywhere.

Exeter away around 99/00 my mate was celebrating and did his ligaments. I got a steward and we carried him over the hoardings and around the pitch on a stretcher. He’s been known as Jonny Ligaments ever since. Few hours in hospital, few hours waiting outside the nick for a few lads then cadged a lift back with a minibus fill from Merthyr. Good ol days

I tore my ankle ligaments at Colchester in 1993 celebrating Chris Pikes goal just on half time.
    St John's volunteers put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me past the home fans to their treatment room. In hindsight doing the Ayatollah in front of them wasn't the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Wasn’t a goal celebration but was at Notts County away and was so drunk (and a steep stand) I fell forward and landed directly on my head, lucky I didn’t break my neck. Blood everywhere.

Exeter away around 99/00 my mate was celebrating and did his ligaments. I got a steward and we carried him over the hoardings and around the pitch on a stretcher. He’s been known as Jonny Ligaments ever since. Few hours in hospital, few hours waiting outside the nick for a few lads then cadged a lift back with a minibus fill from Merthyr. Good ol days
    Was it the first away just before Sam took over ?

It was very hot and we took loads there

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I tore my ankle ligaments at Colchester in 1993 celebrating Chris Pikes goal just on half time.
    St John's volunteers put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me past the home fans to their treatment room. In hindsight doing the Ayatollah in front of them wasn't the best idea.
    It was the right thing to do

We are Cardiff City

Was it the first away just before Sam took over ?

It was very hot and we took loads there
    Yes I think so mate. Was a great away following

Not me, but I do know a bloke who went to Swindon in the 70s...
    Game over, walking out in the crowd...
    Bloody big police horse decided to "taste the top of his head" - blood everywhere, cops did f all.

Surely the lad at Millwall in 2011 takes the prize. Toppled over the top tier into the empty bottom one twenty feet below after our first goal. We all thought he was dead. Didn't stop some of South London's finest doing diving actions from the stand as he was being treated by the emergency teams, though!

There was that guy who knocked himself out running into the post during a pitch invasion after we scored. Hartlepool away '98, I think. Game was held up. Was it someone on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    There was that guy who knocked himself out running into the post during a pitch invasion after we scored. Hartlepool away '98, I think. Game was held up. Was it someone on here?
    Good shout , just after little earnie scored

Claret everywhere

Snapped achilles tendon (full snap) old Bob Bank at Ninian. Was stood on the steps. Andy Legg worldy oustide the box against Port Vale.

Had to undergo surgery, plaster for 9 weeks massive scar. What a fvckin' goal tho'

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    Snapped achilles tendon (full snap) old Bob Bank at Ninian. Was stood on the steps. Andy Legg worldy oustide the box against Port Vale.

Had to undergo surgery, plaster for 9 weeks massive scar. What a fvckin' goal tho'
    Just checked that game. 2002. 21 years ago!

I assume that was painful ?

Because I tore the ligaments and that was bad enough

Just checked that game. 2002. 21 years ago!
    If you want to compare scars in a Jaws scene sort of way I am up for it

I have got 5 inches on my ankle

Put your money on the table

If you want to compare scars in a Jaws scene sort of way I am up for it

I have got 5 inches on my ankle

Put your money on the table
    'Show me the way to go home...'

'Show me the way to go home...'
    That's one of the darkest scenes in cinema I think

Suddenly shifting from jolly chaps having a laugh to the horror of a sinking ship and people waiting to get eaten alive by sharks 🦈

My torn ankle ligaments were more painful though

I thought this thread was going to be about players so it reminded me of Nikolai Muller of Hamburg who celebrated a goal by doing a weird twirly wonder woman type thing until he stumbled and ruptured knee ligaments. Was out for 7 months. Daft sod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about players so it reminded me of Nikolai Muller of Hamburg who celebrated a goal by doing a weird twirly wonder woman type thing until he stumbled and ruptured knee ligaments. Was out for 7 months. Daft sod.
    Steve Morrow scoring the winner for Arsenal at Wembley 1993 League Cup Final. Celebrations at the end where Tony Adams attempts to lift him onto his shoulders, drops him and break his arm

Steve Morrow scoring the winner for Arsenal at Wembley 1993 League Cup Final. Celebrations at the end where Tony Adams attempts to lift him onto his shoulders, drops him and break his arm
    Never played again ?

I was behind the goal on the Grange End for the Leeds FA cup game. When Kav scored it was bedlam. My glasses cane off and got trampled. Cost me £130 that goal 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I was behind the goal on the Grange End for the Leeds FA cup game. When Kav scored it was bedlam. My glasses cane off and got trampled. Cost me £130 that goal 😂
    I was in the bob bank terrace , Potty in there too

I was in the bob bank terrace , Potty in there too
    A potty would have been handy, to avoid going near the toilets.

Not a physical injury but definitely mental scarring. Got kissed by the giant bruiser stood next to me when Kevin Evans scored his 30 yard screamer away at chesterfield. (Possibly wasn’t that far, but that’s how I remember it…….)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Not a physical injury but definitely mental scarring. Got kissed by the giant bruiser stood next to me when Kevin Evans scored his 30 yard screamer away at chesterfield. (Possibly wasn’t that far, but that’s how I remember it…….)
    It was 200 yards

Sickening ankle twist in the enclosure when we scored against Brentford in the 82/3 season. During my bus journey back to Port Talbot it swelled into the elephant man. If I had a mobile phone I would have rung my father for a lift but I hopped the 200 yards home instead.