+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Message from Trust about embargo

Re: Message from Trust about embargo

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Think it's this rule, which doesn't seem to call itself an embargo:

52.6 Where any Club defaults on payment of any amounts:

52.6.1 due to any other Club (including but not limited to any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee, Loan Fee, other contributions due pursuant to the terms of any Temporary Loan Transfer, or any subsequent payments which become due under the terms of any original transfer(s), ticket monies, or other payments pursuant to the terms of any other agreement); and/or

52.6.2 covered by Article 48.1.5 (football creditor claims of full time or former full time employees for arrears of remuneration due up to the date of termination of employment),

for a period of 30 days then that Club shall not be permitted to pay or commit to pay any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee or Loan Fee or any other form of payment (other than a sell on fee) in respect of the registration of any Player during the period:

(a) commencing on the date on which the Persistent Default occurred; and

(b) ending at the end of the next following Season.
    Hence the 3 transfer window ban?

Seems quite clear?

We aren't under a registration embargo as can register players. However we can't pay any fees until summer of 2024.

Think it's this rule, which doesn't seem to call itself an embargo:

52.6 Where any Club defaults on payment of any amounts:

52.6.1 due to any other Club (including but not limited to any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee, Loan Fee, other contributions due pursuant to the terms of any Temporary Loan Transfer, or any subsequent payments which become due under the terms of any original transfer(s), ticket monies, or other payments pursuant to the terms of any other agreement); and/or

52.6.2 covered by Article 48.1.5 (football creditor claims of full time or former full time employees for arrears of remuneration due up to the date of termination of employment),

for a period of 30 days then that Club shall not be permitted to pay or commit to pay any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee or Loan Fee or any other form of payment (other than a sell on fee) in respect of the registration of any Player during the period:

(a) commencing on the date on which the Persistent Default occurred; and

(b) ending at the end of the next following Season.
    Thanks for that - so that’s the EFL rules you’re quoting I presume and not FIFAs?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for that - so that’s the EFL rules you’re quoting I presume and not FIFAs?
    Sorry, I should have said. Yes, I found that in the EFL rule book.

Seems pretty cut and dry, why the local press or the trust couldn't track that down and ask the club and the EFL that specific question I'm not really sure. I'm generally very supportive of the trust, but seems like they've gone through the effort to ask a question and email all their members the answer to something isn't actually the question that needed to be asked?

Sorry, I should have said. Yes, I found that in the EFL rule book.

If, say, an EFL official telephones the club with a query, request or just a general ‘catch up’ call, are there competent office staff permanently in house available to field such a thing? The club is a multi million pound concern, or certainly has been in the recent past, there has to be a competent team running the day to day.........hasn’t there?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Hence the 3 transfer window ban?

Seems quite clear?

We aren't under a registration embargo as can register players. However we can't pay any fees until summer of 2024.
    But that is an embargo, surely? Indeed, on the EFL’s own website, the explanation of embargoes seems to include the exact situation that we believe City may be in (ie: defaulted on payments, can sign players but can’t pay fees).

I maybe over simplifying but isn't it just that we can sign players but not pay a fee? i.e. Wickham and maybe even Kaba, assuming the deal was structured right?

I should have added Reading can sign players but can’t pay fees, and they are listed on the EFL website as being under an embargo.

The rules are the rules but I do think our case is slightly different to the usual no payment.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Seems pretty cut and dry, why the local press or the trust couldn't track that down and ask the club and the EFL that specific question I'm not really sure. I'm generally very supportive of the trust, but seems like they've gone through the effort to ask a question and email all their members the answer to something isn't actually the question that needed to be asked?

The question asked of the EFL was what is the exact situation regarding a transfer embargo on the club. Their answer was exactly as I quoted and they refused to clarify further referring all future enquiries to the club rather than them.
    The club senior management was then asked to clarify the exact position (they have seen the response from the EFL ) but, other than saying they disagree with the position claimed by the EFL have not so far provided that clarification.

So the relevant question was most certainly asked even if the parties asked are being somewhat evasive/unclear in their answers.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And I believe he's on £750k a year, no doubt with bonuses and expenses on top. Nice work if you can get it.

Who is it that you think is on £750k a year? None of the directors are and Vincent Tan doesn`t take any salary out of the club.

A ‘loan only or free transfer’ stipulation would suit the club I’d imagine, point the finger at the EFL for not allowing them to spend any money that they didn’t intend spending anyway. Win/Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Who is it that you think is on £750k a year? None of the directors are and Vincent Tan doesn`t take any salary out of the club.
    And I can't believe anyone at the club is due a bonus this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Isn't it Dalman?