+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Message from Trust about embargo

Re: Message from Trust about embargo

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Does anyone at the club have a Scooby about anything?

Is there anyone even there day to day?
    It really is like we've got one person who works 1 day a week, and never catches up on their emails. We've probably got a court case we don't even know about currently underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I asked Keith about this issue at the Trust Office before the Stoke game. He showed me the confusingly worded email from the EFL. He also showed me his subsequent email to the EFL asking what exactly their response meant and the EFL's further response that the matter was confidential and advising him to take it up with the club which is what he did.
    Perhaps Keith should ask why our embargo is confidential when embargoes are normally put on their website.

What have the EFL got to hide?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Perhaps Keith should ask why our embargo is confidential when embargoes are normally put on their website.

What have the EFL got to hide?

The EFL made it very clear (in writing) that they were not willing to provide any further explanations and basically said "ask your club" which I did .

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Somehow it's all the fault of the club though.
    Logic would indicate that a failure by Cardiff City Football Club to inform its supporters of its position in relation to the alleged embargo is indeed the fault of the club.

Logic would also indicate that if the club is under an EFL transfer embargo of any sort, it will indeed be the fault of the club for breaking EFL rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Logic would indicate that a failure by Cardiff City Football Club to inform its supporters of its position in relation to the alleged embargo is indeed the fault of the club.

Logic would also indicate that if the club is under an EFL transfer embargo of any sort, it will indeed be the fault of the club for breaking EFL rules.
    I assume Keith's posts aren't relevant to you then?

Unless you're claiming he's lying, seems EFL are being very evasive.

I assume Keith's posts aren't relevant to you then?

Unless you're claiming he's lying, seems EFL are being very evasive.
    I know Keith well, he's a friend of mine. He's not lying.

The EFL's alleged evasiveness doesn't change anything I've said. The club could and should have informed its supporters of its position long ago. Do you disagree with that idea?

I know Keith well, he's a friend of mine. He's not lying.

The EFL's alleged evasiveness doesn't change anything I've said. The club could and should have informed its supporters of its position long ago. Do you disagree with that idea?
    I don't disagree no.

Would you disagree with the notion that EFL's clear ambiguous language and evasiveness could also be towards the club as well as the Trust?

Would you disagree with the notion that EFL's clear ambiguous language and evasiveness could also be towards the club as well as the Trust?
    I believe the club will know exactly what its position is.

The fact of the matter is that Cardiff City have not been listed on the EFL's website as being under an embargo on any occasion I've checked it in recent months. I think a statement from the club on the matter is very long overdue.

I believe the club will know exactly what its position is.

The fact of the matter is that Cardiff City have not been listed on the EFL's website as being under an embargo on any occasion I've checked it in recent months. I think a statement from the club on the matter is very long overdue.
    I agree a statement is overdue, the EFL comments to Keith are odd, they appear shifty.

Nothing stopped EFL from providing a clear and coherent response to the enquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    The EFL made it very clear (in writing) that they were not willing to provide any further explanations and basically said "ask your club" which I did .

Keith
    Sorry Keith, there was no criticism of you intended there, you have obviously done what you could as your further explanation shows, but I can't see why on the one hand the league appear to openly publish details those who under embargo with the reasons for it (as in the case of Burnley)
    but then appear to be underhand by not putting us down on the list or be open with the reasons why they have placed the embargo

It makes them appear deceitful (should I really be surprised?)

I don't disagree no.

I don’t see the EFL wording as ambiguous. They stated we aren’t under a registration embargo, but we knew that, the club know that, if we were well couldn’t have signed players in January. For the club to tell the trust that we are is clearly nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Sorry Keith, there was no criticism of you intended there, you have obviously done what you could as your further explanation shows, but I can't see why on the one hand the league appear to openly publish details those who under embargo with the reasons for it (as in the case of Burnley)
    but then appear to be underhand by not putting us down on the list or be open with the reasons why they have placed the embargo

It makes them appear deceitful (should I really be surprised?)
    The only thing I can think of which would reasonably justify the EFL response would be maybe if we were taking legal action against them?
    Citing "confidentiality" is odd, unless their view is that they don't want to respond to entities that aren't officially part of the club?

I agree a statement is overdue, the EFL comments to Keith are odd, they appear shifty.

Nothing stopped EFL from providing a clear and coherent response to the enquiry.
    I suspect the owner's apparent penchant for litigation may be a factor. It could also be that some sort of process is going on behind the scenes that prevents the EFL from making a definitive statement at this stage, as was the case when the rumours about Reading's latest points deduction started circling a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    I don’t see the EFL wording as ambiguous. They stated we aren’t under a registration embargo, but we knew that, the club know that, if we were well couldn’t have signed players in January. For the club to tell the trust that we are is clearly nonsense.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original post imply Keith enquired about a transfer embargo. EFL respond about registrations solely. Club response sounds like it's referring to a transfer embargo.

The only thing I can think of which would reasonably justify the EFL response would be maybe if we were taking legal action against them?
    Exactly what I've just posted.

Exactly what I've just posted.

Three minutes after I made that post.

Three minutes after I made that post.:
    What I meant was we’re thinking along the same lines. Hasn’t Dalman already said the club were going to challenge an embargo or appeal it or something during one of his rare visits here?

I can’t remember the details, when he said it or who to, but I’m sure that was the gist of it.

I’m a bit confused and not for the first time lol.

As far as I was aware from what the club or maybe what’s being said on here is we can’t paid a fee for players or loans? I’m not sure anything has changed reading between the lines here, I’m not sure anyone is at fault? (Except the club for putting us in the position)

What I meant was we’re thinking along the same lines. Hasn’t Dalman already said the club were going to challenge an embargo or appeal it or something during one of his rare visits here?

I can’t remember the details, when he said it or who to, but I’m sure that was the gist of it.
    Remember that too, think it was around UEFA/FIFA liftting their embargo so the validity of EFL applying one was in question or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

As far as I was aware from what the club or maybe what’s being said on here is we can’t paid a fee for players or loans? I’m not sure anything has changed reading between the lines here, I’m not sure anyone is at fault? (Except the club for putting us in the position)
    As it stood, under the EFL embargo, we could register players IF they were free agents or loans without a fee attached. Any transfer or loans into the club that included a fee were prohibited, players couldn't be registered.

That's why the EFL wording is curious.

If the club is under an embargo, I believe the EFL is at fault for not publicising the fact on their website (it currently says Burnley and Reading are under embargoes).

Either way, I believe the club is at fault for not clarifying the matter to its fans. And either way the puppets in the local press are at fault for not investigating the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It really is like we've got one person who works 1 day a week, and never catches up on their emails. We've probably got a court case we don't even know about currently underway.
    And I believe he's on £750k a year, no doubt with bonuses and expenses on top. Nice work if you can get it.

If the club is under an embargo, I believe the EFL is at fault for not publicising the fact on their website (it currently says Burnley and Reading are under embargoes).

Either way, I believe the club is at fault for not clarifying the matter to its fans. And either way the puppets in the local press are at fault for not investigating the matter.
    It feels like it’s not an embargo but some other kind of punishment? I read something on here about the rules being vague and not really relevant to our situation. I wonder if we went down the EFL would be next for our lawyers.

Local press lol they just look on here or on twitter from what I can gather.

As much as I think Tan isn’t the devil like some, huge issues at the club and it’s running.

Panto time Oh yes we are,oh no we ain't.

It feels like it’s not an embargo but some other kind of punishment?
    Think it's this rule, which doesn't seem to call itself an embargo:

52.6 Where any Club defaults on payment of any amounts:

52.6.1 due to any other Club (including but not limited to any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee, Loan Fee, other contributions due pursuant to the terms of any Temporary Loan Transfer, or any subsequent payments which become due under the terms of any original transfer(s), ticket monies, or other payments pursuant to the terms of any other agreement); and/or

52.6.2 covered by Article 48.1.5 (football creditor claims of full time or former full time employees for arrears of remuneration due up to the date of termination of employment),

for a period of 30 days then that Club shall not be permitted to pay or commit to pay any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee or Loan Fee or any other form of payment (other than a sell on fee) in respect of the registration of any Player during the period:

(a) commencing on the date on which the Persistent Default occurred; and

(b) ending at the end of the next following Season.