+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Trent Alexander-Arnold

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65399672

Something many don’t think of, very thoughtful guy.

Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Fair play to him. Identified a problem and is doing something about it. Lots of people use their celebrity to demand other people fund or do something about issues. He's put his own money in and rolled up his sleeves to do something positive. Seems like a very decent bloke

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Fair play to him. Identified a problem and is doing something about it. Lots of people use their celebrity to demand other people fund or do something about issues. He's put his own money in and rolled up his sleeves to do something positive. Seems like a very decent bloke
    My mates son went through the city academy , they promised him lots of things etc - never any negative feedback. He got to 16 - they called him in and said - it's over. Nothing else , no explanation - nothing. That was about 10 years ago and he took it well - he put everything back into education and became a graphic designer type - and a happy kid. I think he was one of the lucky ones - the family had money anyway.

But if you are a kid from a poor family - then the expectation must be massive - and the drop just as big. Interesting interview

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    My mates son went through the city academy , they promised him lots of things etc - never any negative feedback. He got to 16 - they called him in and said - it's over. Nothing else , no explanation - nothing. That was about 10 years ago and he took it well - he put everything back into education and became a graphic designer type - and a happy kid. I think he was one of the lucky ones - the family had money anyway.

But if you are a kid from a poor family - then the expectation must be massive - and the drop just as big. Interesting interview
    Still must have been tough for the lad at such a tender age and for the family , probably had big dreams up until the interview , glad he managed to adapt and move on .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Still must have been tough for the lad at such a tender age and for the family , probably had big dreams up until the interview , glad he managed to adapt and move on .
    My sons school mate is / was in the under 15's at the city - he's been in and out over the last few years - not sure why. But the Dad is almost seeing this as a way out of the financial status. Talking in front of the lad about Chelsea / Everton may want to sign him etc - he's an idiot basically - and the kid seems to believe it will happen - hope it does - but the chance of success being 0.012 % - it may not happen

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    My sons school mate is / was in the under 15's at the city - he's been in and out over the last few years - not sure why. But the Dad is almost seeing this as a way out of the financial status. Talking in front of the lad about Chelsea / Everton may want to sign him etc - he's an idiot basically - and the kid seems to believe it will happen - hope it does - but the chance of success being 0.012 % - it may not happen
    Yeah i've known a few dads like that over the years as my kids were growing up in various sports clubs. Always banging on about how such and such club is interested in their child and their training with so and so. Never amounted to anything but why do the parents need to big these teenagers up so much in the first place on false dreams, keep them grounded.
    Its quite sad that a lot of the parents want it more than the kids - solely for the fame and financial reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Yeah i've known a few dads like that over the years as my kids were growing up in various sports clubs. Always banging on about how such and such club is interested in their child and their training with so and so. Never amounted to anything but why do the parents need to big these teenagers up so much in the first place on false dreams, keep them grounded.
    Its quite sad that a lot of the parents want it more than the kids - solely for the fame and financial reward.
    Other way about for Dougie, it was Craig who was absolutely supremely confident......and proved right

Fair play to TAA, doing something positive and drawing attention to the was these kids and picked up, promised the world, then when they dont make it, discarded without a second thought

I see the Southampton academy a fair bit training and playing games, I occasionally chat the the coaches in the cafe, I hear the parents speaking to the coaches pushing little Jonny and giving the coaches the stat's from the trackers etc, its scary, but they all know that 1 out of them 300 that night might make it, of course they think it'll be Jonny