+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

International

Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

Still, at least we will have him next Season and Collins!

Will Adams start this season?

Sabri Lamouchi:

"Honestly, I don't think so. Because the last three games, 10 days, it's finished," Lamouchi said when asked if Adams could feature.

"The last three games, we are probably talking about the last press conference before the end. He hasn't trained a full session with us, he will probably do that next week with us, but then next week it's the last game.

"So I don't think so. But I am happy for him, because he is a nice guy. I've never worked with him but he looked good. Here in the club, they are talking very well about him."

Re: Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Still, at least we will have him next Season and Collins!

Will Adams start this season?

Sabri Lamouchi:

"Honestly, I don't think so. Because the last three games, 10 days, it's finished," Lamouchi said when asked if Adams could feature.

"The last three games, we are probably talking about the last press conference before the end. He hasn't trained a full session with us, he will probably do that next week with us, but then next week it's the last game.

"So I don't think so. But I am happy for him, because he is a nice guy. I've never worked with him but he looked good. Here in the club, they are talking very well about him."
    Yes, it was very bad planning by the club and excellent for Adams wasn't it. They should all have foreseen that he was going to separate his shoulder muscle from the bone in his first game, shouldn't they

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Yes, it was very bad planning by the club and excellent for Adams wasn't it. They should all have foreseen that he was going to separate his shoulder muscle from the bone in his first game, shouldn't they
    Who said it was bad planning?

Who said the club should have foreseen he was going to get injured?

Yes it was he had a year's pay, for sitting at home or popping to the quacks and gym, not bad work if you can get it

Who said it was bad planning?

Who said the club should have foreseen he was going to get injured?

Yes it was he had a year's pay, for sitting at home or popping to the quacks and gym, not bad work if you can get it
    I'm sure footballers love sitting on the sidelines, just going through rehab and treatments, unable to play, and I bet it definitely doesn't affect them mentally at all.

International

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    I'm sure footballers love sitting on the sidelines, just going through rehab and treatments, unable to play, and I bet it definitely doesn't affect them mentally at all.
    Of course, most prefer playing, but it is easier to sit at home than go to work that's the point!

I'm not slagging him off or the club either, that's life we could have done with him and Collins, hopefully, they are here and fit next season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do you constantly knock the club so much? Crystal balls are very expensive these days you know and My Tan hasn't got that kind of money with all he's spending on litigation and the like.

Of course, most prefer playing, but it is easier to sit at home than go to work that's the point!

I'm not slagging him off or the club either, that's life we could have done with him and Collins, hopefully, they are here and fit next season.
    He is a professional footballer in the prime years of his career. He has had a season of frustration, pain, rehab and boredom - but still apparently maintained a positive outlook and stayed part of the squad. To imply he had an easy year picking up his wages is nonsense!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He is a professional footballer in the prime years of his career. He has had a season of frustration, pain, rehab and boredom - but still apparently maintained a positive outlook and stayed part of the squad. To imply he had an easy year picking up his wages is nonsense!
    No, it's a fact, isn't it?

He's had both, stayed positive and part of the team, and had an easy year picking up his wages.

If you were on sick for a year or furlough, are you sayings it is as hard work as going to work?

He's had both, stayed positive and part of the team, and had an easy year picking up his wages.

If you were on sick for a year or furlough, are you sayings it is as hard work as going to work?
    Your talking rubbish. Thats a silly comparison. He is in work. Hes had many months of rehab and work to get fit.

He just hasnt had the enjoyable part of playing.

Exactly, being ill or sidelined with a very painful condition, consistently working to recover, thinking you’re beating it then having another setback, possibly affecting your mental health must be a cakewalk. Can’t understand why more of the population don’t purposely injure themselves to enjoy such a situation.

Have you ever done rehab? It sucks. It is incredibly hard. He'll have been in pain constantly for weeks, if not months, as well.

He's lost a year of his career. He's also lost a lot of money in lost appearance fees since you mentioned money.

I’m sure he would be rather playing, funny how so peoples minds work.

Someone who has the drive and determination to become a professional athlete, especially considering the increased emphasis on fitness and athleticism these days, is not going to be also someone that enjoys a year off from the sport, and essentially a completely wasted season.

He’s almost definitely hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m sure he would be rather playing, funny how Tories minds work.
    Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Come off it mate. Mental health doesn’t exist if you’re rich. You’re not allowed to be unhappy, simple as that

International

Bunch of jokers, being on the sick and getting better steadily is not harder WORK than going to WORK, for a footballer.

Play 90 minutes against Rotherham in a high-pressure game or go to the gym, which is hard WORK hmmm let me think about it?

Bunch of jokers, being on the sick and getting better steadily is not harder WORK than going to WORK, for a footballer.

Play 90 minutes against Rotherham in a high-pressure game or go to the gym, which is hard WORK hmmm let me think about it?
    Your losing the plot.

Every single player in our squad im sure would rather have been on the pitch v Rotherham than in the gym.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, being ill or sidelined with a very painful condition, consistently working to recover, thinking you’re beating it then having another setback, possibly affecting your mental health must be a cakewalk. Can’t understand why more of the population don’t purposely injure themselves to enjoy such a situation.
    Thats not his WORK, lots of people have injuries?

He hasn't WORKED all season, is it fun being injured no but that's not his job, don't mix the two things up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your losing the plot.

Every single player in our squad im sure would rather have been on the pitch v Rotherham than in the gym.
    Probably the majority, but not all players some don't like it, especially when they are losing but that's another matter.

The post is about WORK, ie playing football is harder WORK than staying home, whether they enjoy it as much is irrelevant.

If a plumber in London has to go to work all day every day for feck all is hard work, a footballer in rehab on XK a week is nice work if you can get it, the plumber would swop I bet!

For the majority of players, the matches are the easy bit. The hard part is making sure that you are at your peak, or at least feeling the best that you do all week, at the right time, so that you can perform.

Probably the majority, but not all players some don't like it, especially when they are losing but that's another matter.

The post is about WORK, ie playing football is harder WORK than staying home, whether they enjoy it as much is irrelevant.
    Have a lie down please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your losing the plot.

This. Been there, done that, it was an ffing miserable experience.

What a strange post.

To get to be a professional footballer you have to love playing the game.
    The dedication required mentally and physically is immense.

I doubt very much anyone who is sidelined through injury is happier not playing than playing.

Apparently Adams played the other day for the development side and looked good.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in some way before the end of the season where hopefully he can show the OP what it means to him to be back.

I think rehabbing from injury (which takes a lot of work both physically and mentally) and being separated from the rest of the squad would be a lot more difficult than being part of the team.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think rehabbing from injury (which takes a lot of work both physically and mentally) and being separated from the rest of the squad would be a lot more difficult than being part of the team.
    People have deliberately twisted the post.

Not bad work if you can get it - is a well-known saying comparing the work of a miner/binman or whatever with a professional footballer, in this case not working just getting fit, and earning maybe 20 times more per week.

I went on to say it will be nice to get him and Collins back.