+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

Get fit soon Adams, come back fitter and stronger than ever, and pay us back for looking after you this season

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Bunch of jokers, being on the sick and getting better steadily is not harder WORK than going to WORK, for a footballer.

Play 90 minutes against Rotherham in a high-pressure game or go to the gym, which is hard WORK hmmm let me think about it?
    Your losing the plot.

Every single player in our squad im sure would rather have been on the pitch v Rotherham than in the gym.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your losing the plot.

Every single player in our squad im sure would rather have been on the pitch v Rotherham than in the gym.
    Probably the majority, but not all players some don't like it, especially when they are losing but that's another matter.

The post is about WORK, ie playing football is harder WORK than staying home, whether they enjoy it as much is irrelevant.

If a plumber in London has to go to work all day every day for feck all is hard work, a footballer in rehab on XK a week is nice work if you can get it, the plumber would swop I bet!

Probably the majority, but not all players some don't like it, especially when they are losing but that's another matter.

The post is about WORK, ie playing football is harder WORK than staying home, whether they enjoy it as much is irrelevant.

If a plumber in London has to go to work all day every day for feck all is hard work, a footballer in rehab on XK a week is nice work if you can get it, the plumber would swop I bet!
    Not all professional footballers enjoy playing and some see it as just a job. Ben White and David Batty are two high profile examples.

That said, I have 4 colleagues/friends who are off work with potentially serious long term illnesses and whereas we all moan about our jobs, and we all happen to work for big tech firms who can easily afford this sort of cover, they aren’t all ecstatic to be off work. The worry and stress of being ill I’m sure offsets the grind of working.

Your losing the plot.

This. Been there, done that, it was an ffing miserable experience.

What a strange post.

To get to be a professional footballer you have to love playing the game.
    The dedication required mentally and physically is immense.

I doubt very much anyone who is sidelined through injury is happier not playing than playing.

Apparently Adams played the other day for the development side and looked good.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in some way before the end of the season where hopefully he can show the OP what it means to him to be back.

Have a lie down please.

International

Have a lie down please.
    Adams already has been

When players are stretchered off or ruled out with broken legs requiring operations etc....... by this logic they should be celebrating the time off?

OK.........

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    When players are stretchered off or ruled out with broken legs requiring operations etc....... by this logic they should be celebrating the time off?

OK.........
    Mate of mine fell from a scaffolding, three stories up, broke his leg and shoulder and his nose. Wasn't his fault, 6 months off, the lucky jammy bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Mate of mine fell from a scaffolding, three stories up, broke his leg and shoulder and his nose. Wasn't his fault, 6 months off, the lucky jammy bastard.
    Yeah sure. "Fell" from a scaffolding. ;-) say no more......

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No, he'll have re-hab that's hard work, his mental health, while his mates are laying bricks/or scaffolding he'll miss out on all that work, I bet he hates it the poor bloke.

It's obviously miles harder that the actual job!

Tbf I read this thread as tongue in cheek.

Being a professional footballer, particularly this high up the pyramid is bloody excellent money for doing something you love.

He wouldn't choose to be injured, of course not, but it's still a terrific and privileged position in comparison to most of us.

People need to chill.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Tbf I read this thread as tongue in cheek.

Being a professional footballer, particularly this high up the pyramid is bloody excellent money for doing something you love.

He wouldn't choose to be injured, of course not, but it's still a terrific and privileged position in comparison to most of us.

People need to chill.
    Exactly well-done mate, the only poster on this thread with an ounce of common sense, except for me of course

Bet David Brookes was laughing all the way to the bank.

Fabrice Muamba retired at 24 with a heart condition, retired at 24!!!!!!! Jammy bugger eh.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Fabrice Muamba retired at 24 with a heart condition, retired at 24!!!!!!! Jammy bugger eh.
    Not really his contract ran out

A torn tit isn't life or death

You had a chance to let this thread die a death and slink into the past….but you bumped it.

That’s even madder than the original post which I have to say is one of the craziest posts I’ve ever read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    You had a chance to let this thread die a death and slink into the past….but you bumped it.

That’s even madder than the original post which I have to say is one of the craziest posts I’ve ever read on here.
    presumably not including the alternative board

Exactly, he had the option to let it lie and slip down the messageboard but no, he moved the goalposts to state the obvious, that being a footballer was a privileged lifestyle. He was educated by Tuerto, who’s seen a situation like this close up, telling him that Adams was actually working harder and for longer hours than the uninjured players in the squad.

Nobody was questioning the privileged lifestyle situation, it was his inference that injured players are sat at home, being paid, whilst watching the telly all day munching Milk Tray (Yes, I embellished the last part).

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, he had the option to let it lie and slip down the messageboard but no, he moved the goalposts to state the obvious, that being a footballer was a privileged lifestyle. He was educated by Tuerto, who’s seen a situation like this close up, telling him that Adams was actually working harder and for longer hours than the uninjured players in the squad.

Nobody was questioning the privileged lifestyle situation, it was his inference that injured players are sat at home, being paid, whilst watching the telly all day munching Milk Tray (Yes, I embellished the last part).
    too easy, drop the line and wait, a couple of dopey old catfish will always come along, chuck them back in, they'll be back

too easy, drop the line and wait, a couple of dopey old catfish will always come along, chuck them back in, they'll be back
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik from the young ones
    I was joking and you fell for it, like the fascist you are
    uncanny

According to the OP’s logic, every player in the squad who doesn't play in the first team on a Saturday or other match day isn't really working and is lazing about collecting his wages without actually doing anything.

NCB regularly competes with himself for the monthly "Craziest Post" award. Recently he picked up the award for accusing everyone who didn't have a water meter of having leaking taps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    NCB regularly competes with himself for the monthly "Craziest Post" award. Recently he picked up the award for accusing everyone who didn't have a water meter of having leaking taps.
    Quite the ‘drip’ isn’t he?