+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN: Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s simply not true for this season though.

The last four home games has resulted in nearly 25,000 fans per match
    A local Derby, a game where nearly 3000 Sunderland fans came and a game where it was half price

Now if we had quite a few games where we had those sort of gates over a season ......then you would be correct

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A local Derby, a game where nearly 3000 Sunderland fans came and a game where it was half price

Now if we had quite a few games where we had those sort of gates over a season ......then you would be correct
    Irrelevant when you also factor in most clubs aside from ourselves ,Swansea ,Middlesbrough and Sunderland average approximately 1,500 extra away fans per match.

Always been our problem

We can get big gates , Cardiff and its catchment area is big

But many seem to be big time match goers
    Indeed. Some on here deride the big crowds at rugby internationals as merely a mass of people out for an event, rather than a display of devotion to the egg. It's no different with City- we occasionally get big attendances because we have a big catchment, not because we're a big club. I'd suggest there is very little 'football culture' in Cardiff and the club is only significant to a very small minority of people in the city. This is not a new development, its always been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I wouldn’t have picked on him if it wasn’t for the usual posts calling him the messiah.

He’s no better or worse than any of the others and I don’t think he warrants a start over our strongest XI

But I also don’t understand leaving Ojo on for 90 mins

Wasn’t people saying Colwill was playing rubbish because his confidence is ‘shot’. You can’t have it both ways.

Let’s not just focus on that it was a comment against people saying we should build a team around him

The long and short of it is we really need to find a replacement for Philogene and Kipre as we don’t have one in the squad who can step up
    "Messiah"? All anyone had said was that he played well!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He’s always done that

He goes for the Hollywood pass or the shot to nothing and people go wild because of the once in a blue moon it comes off?

What would Pep say if one of his players did that in stoppage time?

He gets a free pass because he’s a Welsh homegrown

Anyway I do think he should start in front of Ojo who’s awful, but the whole squad worries me for next season
    He certainly doesn't get a free pass, he gets plenty of stick even when he plays well!

I really don't get what your problem is here, one noted exception toward the end most of what he tried came off and helped push us forward. The short free kick was worth a go considering he was in space and the fact Wintle's last two deliveries were shocking suggests we weren't likely to score from a cross into the box. There's been plenty of occasions where Colwill merits criticism, but to single him out just seems odd considering he did well and the shitshow that preceded that late flurry

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He certainly doesn't get a free pass, he gets plenty of stick even when he plays well!

I really don't get what your problem is here, one noted exception toward the end most of what he tried came off and helped push us forward. The short free kick was worth a go considering he was in space and the fact Wintle's last two deliveries were shocking suggests we weren't likely to score from a cross into the box. There's been plenty of occasions where Colwill merits criticism, but to single him out just seems odd considering he did well and the shitshow that preceded that late flurry
    Criticising Colwill is bonkers today. He was brave , wanted the ball , tried to make things happen , tried to get forward not the easy back pass and almost scored a brilliant goal.

The facts show our support , given how big Cardiff is , for both home and away games isn't very good
    How many times? We have no top tier history of any significance to the majority of people alive in the City, and an extremely limited history of winning major trophies. Nearly all clubs who have more fans than us, will have at least one or the other. The club to any prospective outsider is famous for one thing and one thing only and that has stuck and will continue to stick for a long time, hardly enticing to the outsider.

A small to medium sized city, with a historically mediocre football club, what on earth do you expect? We do well to get what we do considering the tripe we have served up.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Indeed. Some on here deride the big crowds at rugby internationals as merely a mass of people out for an event, rather than a display of devotion to the egg. It's no different with City- we occasionally get big attendances because we have a big catchment, not because we're a big club. I'd suggest there is very little 'football culture' in Cardiff and the club is only significant to a very small minority of people in the city. This is not a new development, its always been the same.
    I think people are reluctant to admit this but it's the reality

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    How many times? We have no top tier history of any significance to the majority of people alive in the City, and an extremely limited history of winning major trophies. Nearly all clubs who have more fans than us, will have at least one or the other. The club to any prospective outsider is famous for one thing and one thing only and that has stuck and will continue to stick for a long time, hardly enticing to the outsider.

A small to medium sized city, with a historically mediocre football club, what on earth do you expect? We do well to get what we do considering the tripe we have served up.
    I don't expect anything

It's other people who think we are well supported

I don't expect anything

It's other people who think we are well supported
    We're pretty well supported for a club with little to no pedigree. We will never pull in major crowds until a significantly long period in the top flight and/or winning trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We're pretty well supported for a club with little to no pedigree. We will never pull in major crowds until a significantly long period in the top flight and/or winning trophies.
    Well if that's the case then thank christ we stayed in the Championship or the place would be a ghost ship 🛳

Historic attendance figures put us at a respectable 32nd in the all time records.

Not too bad when you consider how bad our crowds were from 1981 - 2001

http://european-football-statistics....eague/carc.htm

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s simply not true for this season though.

The last four home games has resulted in nearly 25,000 fans per match
    Do you really think there were 25,000 there today? Admittedly I wasn't there but on TV there appeared to be many empty seats. As an aside, can I claim my £12 (NOW TV 24 hour pass) back from the club citing the trade description act?

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Do you really think there were 25,000 there today? Admittedly I wasn't there but on TV there appeared to be many empty seats. As an aside, can I claim my £12 (NOW TV 24 hour pass) back from the club citing the trade description act?
    Attendances always count season ticket holders, always been the same. Ninian Park used to be empty and claim 14k lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    It was raining so quite a few stayed at home

Hardcore !

It was raining so quite a few stayed at home

Hardcore !
    I'll be honest and say my experiences at home this season have left me wondering how much I'll bother going to home games next season. I've had a few season tickets over the last 25 years, but only 3 times in the last decade. I haven't been to an away for 20 years.

Firstly, going to watch City for me is probably more about meeting up with friends than it is about watching the games themselves. Maybe I've mellowed as I've got older, but defeats to Swansea apart, they don't bother me as much as they would have done, say, 15 year ago. I hate not being able to keep in touch with any City game - if I'm not there I'll listen to it or watch it if it is available. The love of the club is, and will always be there. I love my stats and banter etc on here. My boy is proud to be a City fan.

Take today. I reckon I've walked about 3 miles because of the lack of train service, spent about £60 on crap food and a couple of rounds, only to see a miserable, gutless performance and yet another defeat. I don't make midweek games as I don't fancy trying to cram myself onto the last train, stand for ages, then have a mile walk home at midnight. I could drive down but that defeats the purpose of meeting up with friends for a beer.

It's funny how it seems far less of an effort when we're doing well, winning and challenging at the right end of the table. When we've had seasons of utter shite at home it becomes much more of an effort to be inspired to go. I could easily have stayed home this morning and ultimately wish I had.

Full credit to everyone who went today. I totally understand why our crowds drop in this division when we're struggling. In fairness, our crowds are faring better than I'd expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'll be honest and say my experiences at home this season have left me wondering how much I'll bother going to home games next season. I've had a few season tickets over the last 25 years, but only 3 times in the last decade. I haven't been to an away for 20 years.

Firstly, going to watch City for me is probably more about meeting up with friends than it is about watching the games themselves. Maybe I've mellowed as I've got older, but defeats to Swansea apart, they don't bother me as much as they would have done, say, 15 year ago. I hate not being able to keep in touch with any City game - if I'm not there I'll listen to it or watch it if it is available. The love of the club is, and will always be there. I love my stats and banter etc on here. My boy is proud to be a City fan.

Take today. I reckon I've walked about 3 miles because of the lack of train service, spent about £60 on crap food and a couple of rounds, only to see a miserable, gutless performance and yet another defeat. I don't make midweek games as I don't fancy trying to cram myself onto the last train, stand for ages, then have a mile walk home at midnight. I could drive down but that defeats the purpose of meeting up with friends for a beer.

It's funny how it seems far less of an effort when we're doing well, winning and challenging at the right end of the table. When we've had seasons of utter shite at home it becomes much more of an effort to be inspired to go. I could easily have stayed home this morning and ultimately wish I had.

Full credit to everyone who went today. I totally understand why our crowds drop in this division when we're struggling. In fairness, our crowds are faring better than I'd expect.
    I can't stay away from ccfc ever

I know old blokes who are in care homes who listen to city games on the radio and havnt been for 30 years

It's understandable after watching that rubbish today

It was a surprise how bad we were given the Rotherham result

And the season ends with a howler of a goal from 2 players brought in to play the passing game Morison wanted plus an own goal from a feckin set piece.

Got to question the coaching staff and what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    highlights are pushing it, Ojo's through ball was a killer