+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 25000 sold for Sunday

Re: 25000 sold for Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was amazed how few were there considering the apparent ticket sales.

Watched the highlights (if they can be described as such) this morning. Incredible amount of empty seats in the Ninian Stand considering the crowd was declared as 26,804. Can't quite work out how that figure was arrived at.
    Because it’s tickets sold, not bums on seats

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Because it’s tickets sold, not bums on seats
    Or it’s a way of cooking the books

I was amazed how few were there considering the apparent ticket sales.

Watched the highlights (if they can be described as such) this morning. Incredible amount of empty seats in the Ninian Stand considering the crowd was declared as 26,804. Can't quite work out how that figure was arrived at.
    It's because 26,804 tickets were sold (or given away including comps etc) for the game. Hope that helps.

Also the areas under the stand are like cricket grounds now. If you go for a pee on about 20 mins the concourse is pretty much full. I'm sure some people never make it to their seats!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    By making the attendance bigger so you then need to pay more tax etc? Normally when clubs are accused of fiddling the crowds its to deflate not inflate them!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Laughable. Remind us how many people fiddling tax inflate the income?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    By making the attendance bigger so you then need to pay more tax etc? Normally when clubs are accused of fiddling the crowds its to deflate not inflate them!
    But don't you know HMRC don't go on silly things like accounts and income but on the proclaimed attendances?

It's because 26,804 tickets were sold (or given away including comps etc) for the game. Hope that helps.
    I know. But it means that a much larger number of season ticket holders than usual didn’t bother to turn up. The concourse under the Ninian Stand didn’t seem any busier than the average game. It’s an odd one.

I know. But it means that a much larger number of season ticket holders than usual didn’t bother to turn up. The concourse under the Ninian Stand didn’t seem any busier than the average game. It’s an odd one.
    I'd say the canton and main ninian were pretty much the same as normal. The corner between canton and ninian is normally completely empty was much more full. The family stand is normally totally empty but was well filled out yesterday so any increases were due to there.

It was only 3k bigger than the Sunderland attendance (which didnt feel full at all) and those 2 things in consideration I'd say that's about right.

The blue seats in the Premier stand looked all full also and not sure if that's normally the case.

But yes in terms of people in the ground probably wasn't much more than 20k if that. I know many season ticket holders who barely make half the games and in fairness to the club the low prices for STs still make that worthwhile. And Sunday midday on sky with nothing to play for plus raining and no trains not a surprise if some decided to stay home (eg I get the train from barry but that was literally impossible yesterday as no trains at all so I had to find another way).

The attendance declared for yesterday’s game was just 1,428 smaller than the attendance declared for the Swansea game.

If you were at both games, as I’m sure many of us were, you’ll know that in reality the difference between those two crowds was very much bigger than 1,428.

I'd say the canton and main ninian were pretty much the same as normal. The corner between canton and ninian is normally completely empty was much more full. The family stand is normally totally empty but was well filled out yesterday so any increases were due to there.

It was only 3k bigger than the Sunderland attendance (which didnt feel full at all) and those 2 things in consideration I'd say that's about right.

The blue seats in the Premier stand looked all full also and not sure if that's normally the case.

But yes in terms of people in the ground probably wasn't much more than 20k if that. I know many season ticket holders who barely make half the games and in fairness to the club the low prices for STs still make that worthwhile. And Sunday midday on sky with nothing to play for plus raining and no trains not a surprise if some decided to stay home (eg I get the train from barry but that was literally impossible yesterday as no trains at all so I had to find another way).
    Main grandstand was more than usual too.

The attendance declared for yesterday’s game was just 1,428 smaller than the attendance declared for the Swansea game.

If you were at both games, as I’m sure many of us were, you’ll know that in reality the difference between those two crowds was very much bigger than 1,428.
    Yep I don't think anyone is debating that. I already said despite not questioning the announced attendance at all there may not have been more than 20k in there yesterday. In fact the areas you highlight as being sparsely located are where season ticket holders normally sit I believe?

I'd say there were extra tickets sold in family corners and main grandstand. So a few k more is entirely reasonable.

Re swansea it wasn't even on tv and was 3pm saturday plus was a decent day. Most season ticket holders would have tried to be there for that. Yesterday not so much.

Area under the TV commentary area seemed full, which it hasn't been for a while.

No doubt Kim Jung Tan has ordered his minions to lie, or something.

The only figure required is the actual numbers on site, for emergency services etc.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Laughable. Remind us how many people fiddling tax inflate the income?
    That’s the problem with a username like ‘logic’.. it makes you one dimensional. Try ‘what else could be true’ instead. Under what circumstances and for what reason might a sports team over inflate attendances? Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Main grandstand was more than usual too.
    The grandstand (Canton End) concourse was choc a bloc, pre match & half time. A lot more packed than it usually is.

Family stand felt packed. Far less empty seats than the other games I’ve been to.

I think our crowds (home and away) are pretty good considering how divisive the last decade has been. Last season was the first time I’ve been down since the West Ham playoff game. There’s still plenty who don’t bother like they used to.