+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a relief?

What a relief?

At the beginning of the season whilst hoping for better there were many who thought that just escaping relegation might be our destiny.
    The changes during the summer were hardly confidence building.
    Even so, it’s been a horrible season, albeit I can remember many that were even worse.
    Had we gone down I believe we would have struggled as our current squad just isn’t good enough - it’s not as we have been unlucky.
    So, we have struck lucky and can hopefully improve from here.
    Looking forward to next season.

Re: What a relief?

I’ve always thought the squad was good enough, I think the Hudson appointment just totally derailed us for far to long. Although a slight concern we might go down I never really believed it, especially after Lamouchi was appointed.

We have been inconsistent all season

We are lucky to have escaped relegation but next time might not be

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We have been inconsistent all season

We are lucky to have escaped relegation but next time might not be
    The worry for me is that we'll be looking at the scraps on the transfer floor again. We've staved off relegation with a certain degree of comfort for the last 2 seasons, but I fear when we go down, things will be so bad that we've kicked the can down the road and been worse off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The worry for me is that we'll be looking at the scraps on the transfer floor again. We've staved off relegation with a certain degree of comfort for the last 2 seasons, but I fear when we go down, things will be so bad that we've kicked the can down the road and been worse off for it.
    If we are to stabilise the club needs to give the manager something to work with

If they don't it's a one way trip to league one

I have hated this season

Yes been a horrible season, yet with that opening win against Norwich it started off so well. The only home game we played well in was against the Wurzels, thank god for our away form and Reading's points deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Yes been a horrible season, yet with that opening win against Norwich it started off so well. The only home game we played well in was against the Wurzels, thank god for our away form and Reading's points deductions.
    2 more wins and we would be a mid table side

Amazing really

There are 5 teams below us, not 3.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There are 5 teams below us, not 3.
    Season isn't over yet though and Reading would be a point above us without the deduction.

Season isn't over yet though and Reading would be a point above us without the deduction.
    Indeed

And we would have been a place closer to relegation

And even worse if Rotherham had won and not us

For people to suddenly get wise says everything

It's a massive relief that we have stayed up and we have got out of jail

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve always thought the squad was good enough, I think the Hudson appointment just totally derailed us for far to long. Although a slight concern we might go down I never really believed it, especially after Lamouchi was appointed.
    good enough to avoid relegation..great

How many will turn out tomorrow will be intresting

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How many will turn out tomorrow will be intresting
    28 k hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we are to stabilise the club needs to give the manager something to work with

If they don't it's a one way trip to league one

I have hated this season
    You threw he towel in after Christmas you almost appear to be sad that we have stayed up

My confidence slipped a few rimes, but, deep down, I honestly thought we were too good to go down throughout the season. The reason for this is the 1-0 “thrashings” we handed out to a few teams early in the campaign (e.g. Birmingham, Blackburn, Sunderland and Rotherham) in which we were dominant - I suppose there was a warning in the fact we couldn’t score the goals our dominance merited mind.

However, I still stick to my opinion that if Tan and co continue to run the club like they have been during the last two seasons especially, we’ll go down soon.

It's been a poor season, no question and there is a bit of a lack of enthusiasm around the club on and off the pitch at the moment.

I never really thought we would go down mind, not least because everyone around us seemed so poor. When Reading lost points, it seemed like things were falling into place to stay up

Blackpool and Rotherham away wins were fantastic. Would be great to end with a good win in front of a big crowd today

I think i said around January that our defence was always decent enough, and if we found ourselves a goalscorer we'd be OK. We were safe later and more uncomfortably than I like but we're ending the season with a few positives. It would round it off nicely if we could spoil Warnocks and Bellamys parties.

SuperBluebirds91

It is most definitely a relief. We’ve been hanging around just outside relegation zone for most of the season. One extra loss (instead of a win) and we could have been extremely close going into the last couple of games. I do think at times we have been really unlucky this season. We’ve conceded many goals very late on into 90 mins but then again the good clubs don’t do that and we have to find a way to stop this - I believe Sabri has already gone quite a way to preventing these events. The lads deserve a congrats for avoiding the drop but it is certainly not all smiles as thing could have been worse.

What I personally want for next season - first a foremost not to get relegated. To challenge more in mid table would feel like progression. I would be very happy if we come mid table next season. I’m not expecting anything more than this and I certainly do not want another season like this one (or worse). Let’s hope we can get some good loan deals to help us until the embargo is finally lifted next summer.

The worrying thing is, take out our loan players and I'm not sure this team would finish even midtable in league one.

Easily my least favourite season in recent memory. I went into it with cautious optimism. Unless there are sweeping changes (which there can't be if the embargo is a thing) then I will go into next season dreading what's to come. So less relief and more worried for the future, I'd say.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Easily my least favourite season in recent memory. I went into it with cautious optimism. Unless there are sweeping changes (which there can't be if the embargo is a thing) then I will go into next season dreading what's to come. So less relief and more worried for the future, I'd say.
    Isn’t this what we signed up for though as city fans? Stress and worry? 🤣 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    Isn’t this what we signed up for though as city fans? Stress and worry? �� ��
    This season might have just woke the board up IMHO, and it was always going to be a season of transition.

The appointment of Lamouchi was masterful. I just read on Twitter the manager :-

Inherited a squad which was winless in three months

Been without Callum Robinson for 2 months

Only able to sign one player in January ( and he didn’t sign him)

Improved the likes of Etete and Philogine

Has a huge fixture backlog towards the end of the run in

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    You threw he towel in after Christmas you almost appear to be sad that we have stayed up
    Don't be daft

Anyone who is now saying they KNEW we would be ok.... until that win at Rotherham ....is bullshitting

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's been a poor season, no question and there is a bit of a lack of enthusiasm around the club on and off the pitch at the moment.

I never really thought we would go down mind, not least because everyone around us seemed so poor. When Reading lost points, it seemed like things were falling into place to stay up

Blackpool and Rotherham away wins were fantastic. Would be great to end with a good win in front of a big crowd today
    You are not kidding me

A defeat at Rotherham and everyone deep down would have been absolutely bricking it

That one game has done it

And even yesterday plenty were praying for that draw at reading

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    Isn’t this what we signed up for though as city fans? Stress and worry? 🤣 🙄
    You are not wrong there