+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A new club record achieved this season

A new club record achieved this season

Aside from this being the first time in the club's history where we've managed more away wins than home for 3 successive seasons, this is the first season ever where, whenever we've conceded a goal at home, we've never won. All of our home wins have seen us keep clean sheets.

We've also scored one goal at home on 14 occasions this season, winning 5, drawing 5 and losing 4.

Re: A new club record achieved this season

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Aside from this being the first time in the club's history where we've managed more away wins than home for 3 successive seasons, this is the first season ever where, whenever we've conceded a goal at home, we've never won. All of our home wins have seen us keep clean sheets.

We've also scored one goal at home on 14 occasions this season, winning 5, drawing 5 and losing 4.
    6 home wins in 23 ?

For a long period lowest goals ?

6 home wins.

Off the top of my head each of our 3 managers had 2 home wins each? Nothing between them. Morison must have had the least games and his 2 wins were undoubtedly the best 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    6 home wins in 23 ?

For a long period lowest goals ?
    Pretty much. I'm doing a write up as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

That's remarkable.

What's going on? Three years in a row of poor home from. It's hard to view that as random as opposed to a pattern?

Too much pressure? Atmosphere not intimidating or supportive? Just bad luck?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    That's remarkable.

What's going on? Three years in a row of poor home from. It's hard to view that as random as opposed to a pattern?

Too much pressure? Atmosphere not intimidating or supportive? Just bad luck?
    I don't know. Last season, we'd won 7 points from our first 12 home games.

What about the lack of goals from corners - I think it's one scored from 206 - that must be a record surely!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What about the lack of goals from corners - I think it's one scored from 206 - that must be a record surely!
    No idea. Stats don't go back that far.