+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a relief?

Re: What a relief?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This season might have just woke the board up IMHO, and it was always going to be a season of transition.

The appointment of Lamouchi was masterful. I just read on Twitter the manager :-

Inherited a squad which was winless in three months

Been without Callum Robinson for 2 months

Only able to sign one player in January ( and he didn’t sign him)

Improved the likes of Etete and Philogine

Has a huge fixture backlog towards the end of the run in
    You would like to think so

If Sabri thinks he can get a tune out of this squad and we can bring in loans then maybe we can aim for mid table

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Don't be daft

Anyone who is now saying they KNEW we would be ok.... until that win at Rotherham ....is bullshitting
    No one KNEW we’d be okay. Likewise no one KNEW we’d be relegated, but plenty of people acted like it.

I thought we could go down, but I didn’t think we would. There’s a difference.

I was one of the more optimistic ones, I said for months we were playing okay and were one decent goal scorer away from turning a few losses/draws into draws/wins. Up step Sory Kaba. Who’ll hopefully get a good send off today (assuming he doesn’t come back).

Its been a dreadful season with very few positives...just scraped by to staying up.if tan wants to continue this budget attitude it will be more of the same next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Its been a dreadful season with very few positives...just scraped by to staying up.if tan wants to continue this budget attitude it will be more of the same next season.
    Get rid of the also rans and get in some decent year long loans or we will be bottom 6 all season

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    No one KNEW we’d be okay. Likewise no one KNEW we’d be relegated, but plenty of people acted like it.

I thought we could go down, but I didn’t think we would. There’s a difference.

I was one of the more optimistic ones, I said for months we were playing okay and were one decent goal scorer away from turning a few losses/draws into draws/wins. Up step Sory Kaba. Who’ll hopefully get a good send off today (assuming he doesn’t come back).
    Well there is reason in there I suppose

It's an entertainment business and for the last few years, people haven't been entertained. People can only tolerate so much and, with household pursestrings being tightened, tough choices over whether to renew or not will have to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

I said roughly the same, Most sensible people could see we were doing the right things at times, Lady Luck in front of goal didnt smile alot, we needed a Striker to get in amongst them and slot a few home and have a little luck

After the reading home game my daughter ( who watched the game in the away end ) ,messaged me from the car and said " Dad, City were Crap today, but Reading were worse, Kaba might not be the answer " , I replied to her " he will have to be, he is all we have now "

Yes, he did get a good send off today, looked well chuffed at the song " we want you to stay "