+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good we stayed up and all but that's an absolutely disgraceful performance

Re: Good we stayed up and all but that's an absolutely disgraceful performance

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Some people are giving excuses such as we were safe, we played Thursday etc. it shouldn’t matter where we are in the league and which league it is. We pay our money to see effort and hopefully some skill, a desire to win for the fans. Some of them look as though they were brought in as volunteers and play out of the goodness of their heart. Shameful.
    Also IF today had been a complete one off awful performance from nowhere that none of us saw coming, then we could look at some reasons/excuses. However it was basically an expected performance when you look at our home level performances.

I honestly believe had we needed something today the same thing would have happened. We can only beat teams who are a shambles and weak. Every team we have beaten has been. Huddersfield were never going to leave here without 3 points today.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    as someone living away it's an expensive exercise coming down to C4rdf and whilst I've been happy to do this in the past the current sh1te on show makes it a non-starter.

i really feel for ST holders and others who attend in the hope of being entertained rather than persistently frustrated.
    Dont worry about us season ticket holders, we are fine and will be there next season as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont worry about us season ticket holders, we are fine and will be there next season as usual.
    Yes, I'll be there next season. I just hope I'll enjoy it more than the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    as someone living away it's an expensive exercise coming down to C4rdf and whilst I've been happy to do this in the past the current sh1te on show makes it a non-starter.

i really feel for ST holders and others who attend in the hope of being entertained rather than persistently frustrated.
    Quite funny really thinking that ultimately this is the entertainment business. We forget that, but it is.

The Norwich game was alright. The Leeds game was great and the Swansea game was entertaining if nothing else. I can't really think of another game I have felt much close to entertainnent mind. It really has been pretty dire since coming back down to the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Quite funny really thinking that ultimately this is the entertainment business. We forget that, but it is.

The Norwich game was alright. The Leeds game was great and the Swansea game was entertaining if nothing else. I can't really think of another game I have felt much close to entertainnent mind. It really has been pretty dire since coming back down to the championship.
    Bristol City

Some people, really.
    It's like we are the only fans unhappy with their lot.

We will not be relegated, three teams will.
    Three from four teams will be heartbroken/seething at not getting beyond the playoffs.
    Four or five teams will be fuming that they didn't make the playoffs and another four or five tamping because they'd been mediocre all season not threatening promotion or being threatened with relegation.
    That's just in our division!

Spurs fans have been up in arms for years with delusions of grandeur.
    Liverpool fans everywhere believing it's the end of the world coz they won't be playing champions league.
    Arsenal fans (Piers Morgan springs to mind) demanding Arteta be sacked for bottling it!

....not to mention Rochdale and Hartlepool fans....

We'll all be back next season and we'll have more of the same!

I didn't watch the game. It meant absolutely nothing to me. So I can't be mad if it meant less to the players too. I'm way more concerned about what's going to happen off the pitch than what's happening on the pitch in a game that makes absolutely no difference to the club.

I was so angry yesterday in a way I haven't been towards City for many years. I know we've played a lot of football recently and that we are safe from relegation. But it was the last home game in front of a crowd which has been very patient during a horror show season and they really seemed like they couldn't be arsed. People have paid money and some have travelled long distances to watch that. It's not acceptable.

I couldn't even be bother to cheer when we scored, just stood there fuming. Everyone else's view, seemed to be that it didn't matter because we were safe so maybe it's just me, although reading this thread it clearly isn't. We could have easily conceded 4 or 5 against what was a very poor side.

I'm really glad there are no more home games left because I couldn't see me going to any more for a while. Awful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I was so angry yesterday in a way I haven't been towards City for many years. I know we've played a lot of football recently and that we are safe from relegation. But it was the last home game in front of a crowd which has been very patient during a horror show season and they really seemed like they couldn't be arsed. People have paid money and some have travelled long distances to watch that. It's not acceptable.

I couldn't even be bother to cheer when we scored, just stood there fuming. Everyone else's view, seemed to be that it didn't matter because we were safe so maybe it's just me, although reading this thread it clearly isn't. We could have easily conceded 4 or 5 against what was a very poor side.

I'm really glad there are no more home games left because I couldn't see me going to any more for a while. Awful day.
    I think the club should be congratulated for introducing a brand new initiative for fans
    The lucky winner out of the draw today is Mr Simpson 👏👏👏
    Come on down now Mr Simpson, you’ve got 15 minutes to get changed and be introduced to your team mates, hopefully they’ll be some old boots in the locker room in your size.

He certainly looks like someone who’s won the ticket to play for the day.

He couldn’t trap a bag of cement.

I hope we keep Sabri, and part of me was wondering if he picked this team, just to show the board how piss poor some of these players are.

As if the point needed emphasising.
    I hope we never see the likes of Wickham, Ojo, Simpson, Sawyers Harris, Whyte Watters or either of Allsop or Alnwick wearing a City shirt again

Along with some of the other dross like Campbell and Tanner

Absolute shite

SuperBluebirds91

Personally I feel we should t worry about yesterdays performance too much. At the end of the day we did the job/what we needed to do against Rotherham. Job done. Ok yes it would have been good if we have tried abit but we are still in the championship next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    Personally I feel we should t worry about yesterdays performance too much. At the end of the day we did the job/what we needed to do against Rotherham. Job done. Ok yes it would have been good if we have tried abit but we are still in the championship next season.
    Personally it was not case of worrying, it was a case of bring annoyed they could serve up that dross to people who paid good money took time out of their lives to attend. Me included.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I think the club should be congratulated for introducing a brand new initiative for fans
    The lucky winner out of the draw today is Mr Simpson 👏👏👏
    Come on down now Mr Simpson, you’ve got 15 minutes to get changed and be introduced to your team mates, hopefully they’ll be some old boots in the locker room in your size.

He certainly looks like someone who’s won the ticket to play for the day.

He couldn’t trap a bag of cement.

I hope we keep Sabri, and part of me was wondering if he picked this team, just to show the board how piss poor some of these players are.

As if the point needed emphasising.
    I hope we never see the likes of Wickham, Ojo, Simpson, Sawyers Harris, Whyte Watters or either of Allsop or Alnwick wearing a City shirt again

Along with some of the other dross like Campbell and Tanner

Absolute shite
    Agree that lot need to go en bloc otherwise we can guarantee League One football the season after next.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post

There was a spell after their second that was just embarrassing, they were queuing up to have a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I too will be renewing my ST but the 270 mile round trip to watch home matches is getting harder and harder to watch woeful performances.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Some people, really.
    It's like we are the only fans unhappy with their lot.

We will not be relegated, three teams will.
    Three from four teams will be heartbroken/seething at not getting beyond the playoffs.
    Four or five teams will be fuming that they didn't make the playoffs and another four or five tamping because they'd been mediocre all season not threatening promotion or being threatened with relegation.
    That's just in our division!

Spurs fans have been up in arms for years with delusions of grandeur.
    Liverpool fans everywhere believing it's the end of the world coz they won't be playing champions league.
    Arsenal fans (Piers Morgan springs to mind) demanding Arteta be sacked for bottling it!

....not to mention Rochdale and Hartlepool fans....

We'll all be back next season and we'll have more of the same!
    Just read this thread on Stoke’s MB.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...562/toxic-club

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Just read this thread on Stoke’s MB.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...562/toxic-club

Of course, ours and Stokes plights could be worse.....

'Gracia's job at Leeds under serious threat | Allardyce in frame to take over'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12871104