+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carol Vorderman.

Carol Vorderman.

The real leader of the opposition to some receives a warning of what she can expect now from someone who went through the same thing herself.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...-are-gathering

Re: Carol Vorderman.

She’s always been a Tory but dislikes this current flavour of charlatans. Some may also remember her flogging pay day loans a few years back, hardly a left winger’s wet dream.

If Carole Cadwalladr is applauding you it's a sign you've probably gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    If Carole Cadwalladr is applauding you it's a sign you've probably gone too far.
    Remind me, which way did you vote in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Leave. Though, defining ourselves by binary decisions made 7 years ago is daft. There are many fantastic journalists, but I don't think she is one. Spread mistruths and gossip about Russia and the vote.

A more shining example of EUanon you couldn't find.

I gather Banks v Cadwalladr appeal hearing is this week

First Team

I rather like Carole. She has an excellent name for starters. I bet a Billy Brit like you doesn't know why.

Carole C is one of the good guys and Carol V has got fantastic tits for her age 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Carole C is one of the good guys and Carol V has got fantastic tits for her age ��
    They are plastic mate.

She lied and spread conspiracy theories, but I suppose if it's the right kind of conspiracy theories, that's okay?

First Team

She lied and spread conspiracy theories, but I suppose if it's the right kind of conspiracy theories, that's okay?
    Get back to planning at the council.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I rather like Carole. She has an excellent name for starters. I bet a Billy Brit like you doesn't know why.
    You are right AZ, I have no idea why you like the name Carole although the thought of you being pleasant to another person is quite heart warming so lucky old her I say!

Leave. Though, defining ourselves by binary decisions made 7 years ago is daft. There are many fantastic journalists, but I don't think she is one. Spread mistruths and gossip about Russia and the vote.

A more shining example of EUanon you couldn't find.

I gather Banks v Cadwalladr appeal hearing is this week
    No it’s not, if you still think Brexit is a good idea (which I’m sure you do), it’s bleeding obvious what your opinion of Cadwalladr is.

No it’s not, if you still think Brexit is a good idea (which I’m sure you do), it’s bleeding obvious what your opinion of Cadwalladr is.
    Not at all. There are plenty of journalists and authors I admire who voted differently, or very likely did (for none of us really know..). I dislike her cos I think she doesn't tell the truth, spreads wild conspiracy theories and tried to undermine a vote.

Banks seems a pretty obnoxious character too, but that doesn't mean you can just spread falsehoods.

Not at all. There are plenty of journalists and authors I admire who voted differently, or very likely did (for none of us really know..). I dislike her cos I think she doesn't tell the truth, spreads wild conspiracy theories and tried to undermine a vote.

Banks seems a pretty obnoxious character too, but that doesn't mean you can just spread falsehoods.
    As I said, bleeding obvious.

As I said, bleeding obvious.
    Okay Bob but if you define everything by what happened in a binary referendum seven years we will never move on from it.

Okay Bob but if you define everything by what happened in a binary referendum seven years we will never move on from it.
    But that's exactly what you're doing - Carole Cadwalladr is a "remoaner" so "she doesn't tell the truth, spreads wild conspiracy theories and tried to undermine a vote". You do this quite often - accuse someone, sometimes rightly, of having a blinkered point of view while revealing that you're just the same as them, but from the opposite viewpoint. Objectively speaking, the only one of the three things you accuse Ms Cadwalladr of doing which can be said to be correct is the last one - the other two are just your, biased, take on the situation.

But that's exactly what you're doing - Carole Cadwalladr is a "remoaner" so "she doesn't tell the truth, spreads wild conspiracy theories and tried to undermine a vote". You do this quite often - accuse someone, sometimes rightly, of having a blinkered point of view while revealing that you're just the same as them, but from the opposite viewpoint. Objectively speaking, the only one of the three things you accuse Ms Cadwalladr of doing which can be said to be correct is the last one - the other two are just your, biased, take on the situation.
    I haven't used those words at all. She has endlessly spread debunked conspiracy theories about how 'Russia bought Brexit' etc. All entirely unproven. And she admitted that what she said about Arron Banks wasn't true (what he sued her for) and she was part of a campaign to try and reverse a referendum.

These are things I'm saying about her, not everyone who voted that way - that's you putting words in my mouth. There are plenty of journalists I admire that voted remain, the two newspapers I read most often ran editorials encouraging it (Times and Western Mail). The issue is I think she is largely full of shite. 🤷

I haven't used those words at all. She has endlessly spread debunked conspiracy theories about how 'Russia bought Brexit' etc. All entirely unproven. And she admitted that what she said about Arron Banks wasn't true (what he sued her for) and she was part of a campaign to try and reverse a referendum.

These are things I'm saying about her, not everyone who voted that way - that's you putting words in my mouth. There are plenty of journalists I admire that voted remain, the two newspapers I read most often ran editorials encouraging it (Times and Western Mail). The issue is I think she is largely full of shite. ��
    Why do you’d think I put that bit in quotation marks? It’s exactly what you said in an earlier post in this thread. Your “debunked” claims about Russia and Brexit are still up for debate I’d say and this piece shows that what you called lies are a lot more nuanced than that

https://www.bindmans.com/knowledge-h...s-it-all-mean/

Why do you’d think I put that bit in quotation marks? It’s exactly what you said in an earlier post in this thread. Your “debunked” claims about Russia and Brexit are still up for debate I’d say and this piece shows that what you called lies are a lot more nuanced than that

Wait, what, I never said that in this thread!

No, there is no evidence for it, you will find all you like on the internet just like arch trumpers will find things about electoral interference but it's not true. Which does help illustrate the reason why journalists spreading such stuff is a reason to be critical of them.

First Team

I have a lot of time for Carole Cadwalladr. She is a campaigner for truth and transparency, Banks not so much. She has also been trolled relentlessly and unjustifiably.

The case hinged on what Carole meant (in an unscripted TED Talk) in one somewhat vague sentence. She says her mind was on pointing out Banks had lied about the number of his meetings with Russian state actors. Banks LOST. He's on the hook for millions in costs. That is why he's appealing. In all this I know where my sympathies lie.

Wait, what, I never said that in this thread!

No, there is no evidence for it, you will find all you like on the internet just like arch trumpers will find things about electoral interference but it's not true. Which does help illustrate the reason why journalists spreading such stuff is a reason to be critical of them.
    Have a look at your post at 18.52 yesterday.

Far too much plastic surgery going on

Dreadful tory

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Far too much plastic surgery going on

Dreadful tory
    feck orf . she's a sort and needs to be dealt with.

To the rest of you...well lets all focus on the media lady and forget about the bunch of lying arsehole's that are in GOVT. You are so easily side tracked and focused into the side lines it's almost funny

Well, Carole Cadwalladr is having to pay Arron Banks £35,000 in damages..

Conspiracy theories are fun until they cost you money and reputation I suppose

https://pressgazette.co.uk/media_law...-libel-appeal/

First Team

Jimbo gunna Jimbo.