Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swear allegiance to our King you peasants

Swear allegiance to our King you peasants

Re: Swear allegiance to our King you peasants

Nah, you're alright thanks.

On your bike Chuck

The Premier League has been asked to play the national anthem and display a portrait of Charlie boy next weekend.

Love to hear what the “keep politics out of sports” brigade on the other board have to say about that….

I will when he pays his inheritance tax and cuts down on his CO2 footprint.

Such a weird country, this shouldn't be a normal thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Such a weird country, this shouldn't be a normal thing to do.
    It's mass hysteria

I'll watch it out of curiosity but pledge allegiance? No thanks. My allegiance is to my family and a day out to see Charlie and The Chocolate Factory at the WMC in the afternoon.

I've sent mine by 1st class Royal Mail.

don't think too many celtic fans will be playing the game !

Fate has been kind to me regarding such things - as both the Jubilee and Coronation dates coincide with my being a very long way away on visits elsewhere and beyond the realm of such infantilising sicophancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Fate has been kind to me regarding such things - as both the Jubilee and Coronation dates coincide with my being a very long way away on visits elsewhere and beyond the realm of such infantilising sicophancy.
    TBG as the esteemed traveller you are, have you been to Loreley?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    TBG as the esteemed traveller you are, have you been to Loreley?
    The rock known by the Germans as Lorelei? If so, the answer is 'nein'. Went to the nearby Moselle Valley with my first love though: a blonde German lady with wonderful cheekbones.

And talking of travel, I'm holed up near Heathrow tonight and flying off to somewhere tomorrow morning....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The rock known by the Germans as Lorelei? If so, the answer is 'nein'. Went to the nearby Moselle Valley with my first love though: a blonde German lady with wonderful cheekbones.

And talking of travel, I'm holed up near Heathrow tonight and flying off to somewhere tomorrow morning....
    Think so, The Germans have music festivals there, my lad is playing at the festival in July I think it is, it's not a simple easy Jet or Ryan Air, nearest Airport is Frankfurt, it looks a better option to me to stay on the other side of the Rhine if you had been there would have been interested of your experience of the area, getting across the river late at night etc.

Think so, The Germans have music festivals there, my lad is playing at the festival in July I think it is, it's not a simple easy Jet or Ryan Air, nearest Airport is Frankfurt, it looks a better option to me to stay on the other side of the Rhine if you had been there would have been interested of your experience of the area, getting across the river late at night etc.
    You need to consult an oracle with a coracle, old fruit
    Sorry I couldn't help you.

Just went for a walk of about a mile with my dog. It was mostly along terraced streets full of small houses and I saw just one lot of union flags on display. With three days to go, it would appear that enthusiasm for Royal events has fallen off a cliff up here - a year ago ago, there was far more enthusiasm for the Queen's seventieth anniversary on the throne, but there was even more a few years back when that woman who everyone is supposed to hate now married one of Di's sons - don't think there'll be many up here pledging allegiance this weekend.

I have travelled up and down the Rhine a few times. You might want to think about Cologne/Bonn airport, nearer Bonn which has a train station right outside. Probably a half hour longer to get to where you are going but the stretch of the Rhine from Konigswinter right down to the Lorelei is more attractive than coming from Frankfurt. Low cost flights go there as well.

The rail lines run both sides of the river. Cologne airport is on the west side. From memory ferries stop early in the evening, around 9pm but I don't know if they will remain longer if there is a special event like a festival. There will be a bridge crossing further up river so might be worth checking buses if you are staying on the west bank.

Intended to embed a youtube video of Johnny Rotten being interviewed by Piers Morgan but it has been removed for 'copyright infringement.'

Beneath it were many comments asking why Charlie, and other royals, were so chummy with Savile when it was common knowledge he was an arch kid fiddler.

Thatcher was a big mate of his too.

John Lydon blasts BBC for banning his remarks on Jimmy Savile’s “seediness” in 1978 - https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...anning-6503470

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just went for a walk of about a mile with my dog. It was mostly along terraced streets full of small houses and I saw just one lot of union flags on display. With three days to go, it would appear that enthusiasm for Royal events has fallen off a cliff up here - a year ago ago, there was far more enthusiasm for the Queen's seventieth anniversary on the throne, but there was even more a few years back when that woman who everyone is supposed to hate now married one of Di's sons - don't think there'll be many up here pledging allegiance this weekend.
    Whatever happened to the street parties? No sign that any are going to occur down here I'm delighted to say. I suspect 70 years ago they were rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Whatever happened to the street parties? No sign that any are going to occur down here I'm delighted to say. I suspect 70 years ago they were rampant.
    I suspect the majority of people are not fussed on Charles and really dislike who is to be the new Queen.

She looks like Boris Karloff in a wig.

Few other than Sludge would hurry to peel back the duvet on seeing her in their bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I can remember the street parties for Charlie’s Investiture in 1969. Can’t remember much for his wedding in1981 or in 1977 for the Queens Silver Jubilee - mind you, I was trying to avoid them by then.

I've just checked guys and no one is making you do anything. Phew!!!

Here’s someone who might be prepared to swear allegiance.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ngs-coronation

Incredible stuff, in that last paragraph, she’s near as damnit saying “let them eat cake”.