+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City to open talks with sabri "imminently" about leading the team next season

City to open talks with sabri "imminently" about leading the team next season

Re: City to open talks with sabri "imminently" about leading the team next season

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Typical WOL. We aren't under a transfer embargo.

Re: City to open talks with sabri "imminently" about leading the team next season

"We have got two out of contract that would do them well!" he said of Koroma and Ruffels. "You have all these recruitment officers with videos, DVDs, on the computers, you've got to know the players. You've got to go out and see the players at grounds, you can't do it all on DVDs or on the computer. It's hard work, but it's your recruitment. I still think you can get your recruitment from people who are your contacts in the game."

Gotta laugh haven't you.
    Another two fingers up to the newbies.
    Old skool!

I like this part:

"In my opinion, if you are doing just a little change, don't be surprised if you have just something a little different," he said. "I don't think the owner, chairman or people in the club, the fans, want to live the same season again. Obviously we need a massive decision from the club. Because we were so close [to relegation]. But we will play next season in the Championship, where Cardiff City Football Club are meant to be."

Source: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-26813964

Sounds like Lamouchi knows it's going to be a tough ask without some investment from the club. Will be interesting to see if Tan even can or wants to back him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Typical WOL. We aren't under a transfer embargo.
    If it's shorthand for not being able to pay transfer fees then it's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I like this part:

"In my opinion, if you are doing just a little change, don't be surprised if you have just something a little different," he said. "I don't think the owner, chairman or people in the club, the fans, want to live the same season again. Obviously we need a massive decision from the club. Because we were so close [to relegation]. But we will play next season in the Championship, where Cardiff City Football Club are meant to be."

Source: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-26813964

Sounds like Lamouchi knows it's going to be a tough ask without some investment from the club. Will be interesting to see if Tan even can or wants to back him.
    Tan needs to wake up to the real world I think and start running the club properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Tan needs to wake up to the real world I think and start running the club properly.
    Starting to communicate with the outside world would be nice....we never hear fk all from the board these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Starting to communicate with the outside world would be nice....we never hear fk all from the board these days.
    If the last few months haven’t shocked him into paying more attention on his investment nothing will. Potentials investors would like a big club with a potentially big fan base knocking around the top of the championship as the golden goose isn’t far off…..going to league 1 and he can kiss it goodbye more like

If Lamouchi kept us up, it was odds-on that he would be offered the job permanently. There's a lot of people think we maybe should go all out to being in Nathan Jones, but the club's hierarchy aren't really renowned for making controversial decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    If Lamouchi kept us up, it was odds-on that he would be offered the job permanently. There's a lot of people think we maybe should go all out to being in Nathan Jones, but the club's hierarchy aren't really renowned for making controversial decisions.
    Exactly what's his record? 19 points in 17 games or something? Over the course of the season that may just keep you up as anything more than a point a game and you have half a chance. That's all the club would be looking at.

Exactly what's his record? 19 points in 17 games or something? Over the course of the season that may just keep you up as anything more than a point a game and you have half a chance. That's all the club would be looking at.
    20 from 17. He also took a few games to work out what to do. It was 20 from 14 when he went to 352.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I know people like him because he’s supposed to be a city fan (apparently) however he comes across as a bit of an idiot with an ego, some of his ramblings at Southampton were embarrassing. I just can’t seem to like the guy and I’m not sure he handles pressure very well which isn’t ideal for a club like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I know people like him because he’s supposed to be a city fan (apparently) however he comes across as a bit of an idiot with an ego, some of his ramblings at Southampton were embarrassing. I just can’t seem to like the guy and I’m not sure he handles pressure very well which isn’t ideal for a club like ours.
    Maybe he was just fed up at Southampton with pampered, entitled Prem players thinking they were above taking instruction from little ole Nathan Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Maybe he was just fed up at Southampton with pampered, entitled Prem players thinking they were above taking instruction from little ole Nathan Jones?
    He still looked a complete fool, rambling on. Luton seem to have pushed on since he left as well.