+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today’s inept, feeble performance was typical of this season.

Today’s inept, feeble performance was typical of this season.

With the pressure off any hope of a better performance was soon dispelled.
    It’s time to jettison Ojo, Sawyers, Simpson and Wickham
    To say a big thank you but adios to Joe Ralls.
    To think hard about the futures of Alsop, Wintle, Rhinomata.
    To say thank you to Philogene, Kaba and Kipre but maybe welcome back to Kipre.
    As for the academy graduates - not even God knows!
    As for Lamouchi. It was his selection today, his tactics, his motivation? He rates Sawyers highly and he left Ojo on today.
    I don’t know what to think!

Re: Today’s inept, feeble performance was typical of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    As for Lamouchi. It was his selection today, his tactics, his motivation? He rates Sawyers highly and he left Ojo on today.

Harsh on Wickham, done a good job for us since he joined

Very harsh on Ralls, gives it his all

Sawyers is a useful squad player but very inconsistent

Ralls is worth keeping , he plays well when the rest of the midfield put in a shift but he can't do everything

Extremely harsh on Wintle, who has consistently been one of our better players. Philogene has been a shining light, accepting that we are unlikely to be able to afford him. Ralls has played out of his skin for the last month and is certainly good enough. The pressure might have been off in one way but you appear totally unable to recognise that having played 8 games in the last 30 days under extreme relegation pressure, the players were knackered and in the last 20 minutes were playing on fumes. It was remarkable that they were able to rouse themselves for a final push right at the end really. Next season will be different especially with Adams, Collins and Robinson back fit.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Harsh on Wickham, done a good job for us since he joined

Very harsh on Ralls, gives it his all
    I have huge respect for Ralls contribution to CCFC and have never questioned his commitment or workrate but see him as a player who is getting slower and can be embarrassed to often. He has a better end of season than earlier.

We need a dynamic midfield that has pace and is focussed on creating opportunities and supporting the forward players. IMO he’s not consistently up to that nor is he our best option as defensive wing back. Keep him if we must as a squad player but we have to improve!

I have huge respect for Ralls contribution to CCFC and have never questioned his commitment or workrate but see him as a player who is getting slower and can be embarrassed to often. He has a better end of season than earlier.

We need a dynamic midfield that has pace and is focussed on creating opportunities and supporting the forward players. IMO he’s not consistently up to that nor is he our best option as defensive wing back. Keep him if we must as a squad player but we have to improve!
    That's my view on him too. He's had a great career at City and played his part in the club's successes, but we have to look to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Extremely harsh on Wintle, who has consistently been one of our better players. Philogene has been a shining light, accepting that we are unlikely to be able to afford him. Ralls has played out of his skin for the last month and is certainly good enough. The pressure might have been off in one way but you appear totally unable to recognise that having played 8 games in the last 30 days under extreme relegation pressure, the players were knackered and in the last 20 minutes were playing on fumes. It was remarkable that they were able to rouse themselves for a final push right at the end really. Next season will be different especially with Adams, Collins and Robinson back fit.
    Wintle has been one of our better players in a poor team
    I see arguments for keeping Wintle, Ralls and Sawyers. Not one for Ojo yet.
    Do you want to start next season with the same midfield set up. Do you really believe that would be progress?

Wintle has been one of our better players in a poor team
    I see arguments for keeping Wintle, Ralls and Sawyers. Not one for Ojo yet.
    Do you want to start next season with the same midfield set up. Do you really believe that would be progress?
    If ojo and sawyers are anywhere near the team next year.......

Sawyers I suppose could be good in a speedy skilful side who keep the ball and dominate but for us he's useless.

Ojo doesn't even have any strengths to play to that I can see. He's just rubbish no idea how he's at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    If ojo and sawyers are anywhere near the team next year.......

Sawyers I suppose could be good in a speedy skilful side who keep the ball and dominate but for us he's useless.

Ojo doesn't even have any strengths to play to that I can see. He's just rubbish no idea how he's at this level.
    That's what bothers me about Lamouchi. Why does he keep on giving Ojo chances? The lad is totally out of his depth at this level. I doubt Wrexham would consider him good enough.

While Ralls has got better as the season has gone on Wintle I think has performed slightly worse. However they are easily our best 2 midfielders.

Anyone offering to take up the contracts of the rest then let them go.

They busted a gut last Thursday, probably had a good few drinks after….it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They busted a gut last Thursday, probably had a good few drinks after….it showed.
    Yes they did.