+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So our strongest team for next season?

Re: So our strongest team for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Collins is 28. He is 29 in August.
    he's 28 until he becomes 29 - that's how it works

another white wash coming... 8-10 players out... 8-10 players in... no idea how why or when sort of thing

i just hope we can sort the rest of the embargo farce out, maybe then we could get kipre and kaba to either sign another season loan or sign...

lets just hope sabri has some power and say on who comes and goes

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    As I said the quality is debatable but I don't remember many people predicting our season. I do agree we have an average championship squad, but average shouldn't mean relegation zone
    Agree. When Sawyers was signed last summer, the general consensus was that he was a good player and a good signing. Now everyone wants to ditch him. O’dowda was one of our best players early in the season on the left of a front three but now people want to restrict him at left back/wing back when we will hopefully have a good option there with the returning Collins. Simpson has been written off by some for the heinous crime of being sent off at QPR, when it wasn't even a foul in the first place. Fickle isn't the word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's 28 until he becomes 29 - that's how it works
    I agree. What is for sure is that he isn't ‘pushing 30’ as the previous poster stated.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Adams is the new Isaac Vasell
    Vassell made an impact though.

100% goalscoring record.

I agree. What is for sure is that he isn't ‘pushing 30’ as the previous poster stated.
    When you get older, kid, 28 is pushing 30.

Agree. When Sawyers was signed last summer, the general consensus was that he was a good player and a good signing. Now everyone wants to ditch him. O’dowda was one of our best players early in the season on the left of a front three but now people want to restrict him at left back/wing back when we will hopefully have a good option there with the returning Collins. Simpson has been written off by some for the heinous crime of being sent off at QPR, when it wasn't even a foul in the first place. Fickle isn't the word for it.
    General consensus ignored Sawyers having been released previously. He's not the player he was 5 years ago, which is the player people think of because that's the player they want. The tweak in position suits the player he is now.

Lamouchi has stated longer term he sees O'Dowda playing left back / left wing back. It's something that often happens, wingers drop back as they get older and lose a bit of pace, relying on reading the game. If we play 3 at the back with wingbacks, then O'Dowda can't play as part of a front three - you'd be looking at a 3-4-3.

Simpson is 26, has played 69 games his entire career. This season is the most he's ever played in a single season. Don't pretend that he's anything more than he shows himself to be, a career backup. I'd like him to be a regular, if we play 3 at the back, I like a left footer on the left. Simpson isn't as bad as some make out, but he's hardly the first name on the team sheet.

That's why I'd use Collins instead because it allows us to play O'Dowda as well as Collins, players who are both our best left sided defenders and our best left sided attackers.

Still, we're all fickle, apart from you.