+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unfriending on facebook

Re: Unfriending on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No, it’s good for some stuff…..there are just plenty of weirdos out there like we all know. Most stuff is alright in small doses isn’t it
    Exactly. Use it how you like. Broadcast your every thought to the entire world, use it to keep informed about your favourite band's tour dates, arrange get togethers with friends and family. Or don't use it all at if you prefer and try to avoid telling everyone about your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Exactly. Use it how you like. Broadcast your every thought to the entire world, use it to keep informed about your favourite band's tour dates, arrange get togethers with friends and family. Or don't use it all at if you prefer and try to avoid telling everyone about your choice.
    Bingo, it has a place in life, the Groups are very good for information, you can get as much out of it as you want, if you dont want to see Maggie biting into one of her freshly backed cupcakes, then just unfollow them ( so they will not show on your timeline ) they will not know you have unfollowed them ( so no offence )

when I made all my posts ( for my memories ) I was surprised the people who messaged me when I made them public again, even a dad of someone who my daughter met through dog training, lived 140 miles away, I had spoken to him few times at a camp we went to, but he missed seeing what my girls were upto, he even went to a England netball game in the copperbox as he had seen me posting about it being "end to end and exciting " so he thought he would check it out himself

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What i can't understand is people having this wonderful tool in front of them, they can communicate with people far and wide, learn things, Educate themselves, yet they Befriend Bob from down the road who they see in Spar three times a week and on two of those occasions they hide behind the Bread so that they don't have to strike up a conversation, yet spew their guts on Facebook. ****ing weird.
    Football , music , community groups are ok

A woman posting photos of her 5 poodles that she has dressed up in ribbons ?

Barking mad

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I use Facebook to keep lightly in touch with friends I have around the world and although, no doubt, that my posts on there and here may bore and/or irritate those who read them, my pet hates on Facebook are posts that:

1. Show people"s Wordle efforts every day
    2. Quoted mindless platitudes/maxims
    3. People thanking their nearest and dearest for something when they are probably next to each other on the sofa
    4. Show photos of comestibles about to be masticated

I know what people may find annoying about my pompous contributions, however
    Have you never masticated your banana and posted a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I would worry about it.
    It seems to bring the absolute worst out of people who are show offs, attention seekers and voyeurs. People go on holiday and put dozens of photos every day documenting their every move. People live stream a band they are watching instead of living in the moment and taking it all in. I know several people who have quite unhappy personal lives - relationship, debt etc but if you viewed them through their Facebook account you'd think they were living the dream. It should be called Fakebook.
    I have an account which I use only for certain groups or when a band is playing but I never look at individual stuff. That's where you find out that bloke you haven't seen for 30 years but knew from school, is now a racist prick
    People in school who were massive racists and still are but pretend they are not

It would be funny if it wasn't so worrying

Probably because you posted content which triggered her memory to delete.

Don’t worry about it, if you passed them in the street would you even have said hello?

Not on it myself but my missus is. One regular, a friend of ours, has nigh on a couple of posts a week about long lost, relatives along the lines of, “Thinking of you today Auntie Lily on your anniversary, you died in 1938, although I never met you, you’re always in my thoughts “, a few days later, it’s Uncle Charlie, who was killed in the Boer War. I know it’s about someone passing away but it brightens my day

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not on it myself but my missus is. One regular, a friend of ours, has nigh on a couple of posts a week about long lost, relatives along the lines of, “Thinking of you today Auntie Lily on your anniversary, you died in 1938, although I never met you, you’re always in my thoughts “, a few days later, it’s Uncle Charlie, who was killed in the Boer War. I know it’s about someone passing away but it brightens my day
    Attention seeking.

its one of my pet annoyances when people wish dead people happy birthday on social media. How do you expect them to have a happy birthday when their dead ffs.

That's total cabbage isn't it ......died before I was born , never met you , miss you every day , always in my thoughts

😂

If people haven't kept in touch with you in real life, there's usually a reason for that.

People these days confusing posting on the internet with actual friendships and get butt hurt when someone gasp "unfriends" them. How very dare this person who has had nothing to do with me apart from work with me not want to share eery minutae of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    its one of my pet annoyances when people wish dead people happy birthday on social media. How do you expect them to have a happy birthday when their dead ffs.
    Or you don't even know em ff sake

Elvis , Lady Diana , Ian Paisley

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    What's "facebook" :
    Why the oldie emoji. Facebook is for old people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Why the oldie emoji. Facebook is for old people.
    What was the other one similar to fbook ?

I don't mean plentyoffish

I'm no longer on Facebook, but when I was I did unfriend a few people.
    if there was someone I knew through work who was constantly posting stuff that I had no interest in then I'd definitely unfriend - nothing personal it's just about curating the site to be able to see the things I'm interested in without wading through the other stuff.

I'd unfriended someone who was always posting religious stuff and she didn't take it well, another couple were swamping my feed with their latest multi level marketing venture - they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

MySpace?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    MySpace?
    That's the one

I think I joined it once

Photo , list of metal bands

Kept it simple

I'm no longer on Facebook, but when I was I did unfriend a few people.
    if there was someone I knew through work who was constantly posting stuff that I had no interest in then I'd definitely unfriend - nothing personal it's just about curating the site to be able to see the things I'm interested in without wading through the other stuff.

I'd unfriended someone who was always posting religious stuff and she didn't take it well, another couple were swamping my feed with their latest multi level marketing venture - they're gone.
    A friend of mine is a huge Jeremy Corbyn fan and is convinced he's coming back to save the labour party

It's absolutely hilarious to read her posts and links so she's staying

I'd unfriended someone who was always posting religious stuff and she didn't take it well.
    Thats why the mute button works quite well on twitter. You can mute people so you dont get to see their repetitive crap without unfriending them and hurting their precious feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Bingo, it has a place in life, the Groups are very good for information, you can get as much out of it as you want, if you dont want to see Maggie biting into one of her freshly backed cupcakes, then just unfollow them ( so they will not show on your timeline ) they will not know you have unfollowed them ( so no offence )

when I made all my posts ( for my memories ) I was surprised the people who messaged me when I made them public again, even a dad of someone who my daughter met through dog training, lived 140 miles away, I had spoken to him few times at a camp we went to, but he missed seeing what my girls were upto, he even went to a England netball game in the copperbox as he had seen me posting about it being "end to end and exciting " so he thought he would check it out himself
    And then the entire internet applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thats why the mute button works quite well on twitter. You can mute people so you dont get to see their repetitive crap without unfriending them and hurting their precious feelings.
    There's the same mechanism on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

‘Friends Reunited’ was about for a while. Perhaps the Facebook rise scuppered that.

I have family and friends of family that post religious, political, motivational stuff, math problems, lists etc all the time on FB. I just click on the option to stop posts from that site. I still do it on a regular basis, but it's just a couple of clicks and I don't want to put them on ignore.

‘Friends Reunited’ was about for a while. Perhaps the Facebook rise scuppered that.
    That was another one

We had a school reunion based on that and it all kicked off

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have family and friends of family that post religious, political, motivational stuff, math problems, lists etc all the time on FB. I just click on the option to stop posts from that site. I still do it on a regular basis, but it's just a couple of clicks and I don't want to put them on ignore.
    Motivational stuff is right up there

10 ways to be a success

Be a success .....10 ways to achieve your goals

Potty