+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City at home. You think it can’t get worse, but the team keeps on proving you wrong.

Cardiff City at home. You think it can’t get worse, but the team keeps on proving you wrong.

Apologies for posting this on the wrong forum originally.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Cardiff City at home. You think it can’t get worse, but the team keeps on proving you wrong.

Re the goals while I know no goals are caused by good defending those 2 goals we conceded really are comical.

Re: Cardiff City at home. You think it can’t get worse, but the team keeps on proving you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Re the goals while I know no goals are caused by good defending those 2 goals we conceded really are comical.
    For me the number of poor goals conceded since Lamouchi took over is very concerning. I know we needed to score more, but we've almost given up on any defensive discipline as a result

I honestly thought that with the shackles off City would play a bit more football yesterday and get a result. I was genuinely confident of a victory before kick-off, but I was hopelessly wide of the mark. That period during the second half when the team just fell apart was pitiful and almost comical. This really is a very poor side. Two home victories from the last 15 attempts, and one of those was thanks to a stoppage time winner. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I honestly thought that with the shackles off City would play a bit more football yesterday and get a result. I was genuinely confident of a victory before kick-off, but I was hopelessly wide of the mark. That period during the second half when the team just fell apart was pitiful and almost comical. This really is a very poor side. Two home victories from the last 15 attempts, and one of those was thanks to a stoppage time winner. Pathetic.
    I thought the same. I thought would be a decent game with all the pressure off. Instead it was pathetic and only credit can be emerging with just a 1 goal defeat when really we should have been 5 0 down

I’m pleasantly surprised by the reactions I’m hearing and reading to yesterday’s game. As I say in the piece, I was prepared to be more forgiving about what I considered to be the inevitable hopeless home showing than I usually am, but it was so feeble and inept that I was soon in my normal frame of mind when it comes to watching home games these days.

I thought my reaction would be in a small minority though because most would think of it as job done onThursday and wouldn’t be bothered that our last home match was so dreadful, but it seems more felt like me about it than I thought there would be.

I often say that I feel sorry for today’s kids growing up in this modern world and I have even more sympathy for those youngsters who have become City fans in recent years because, if they can’t go to away games, all they tend to see is their team playing shit and barely ever winning.

The team have not deserved the support they’ve got at home (which is never as critical as they would have been twenty plus years ago) in the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought my reaction would be in a small minority though because most would think of it as job done on Thursday and wouldn’t be bothered that our last home match was so dreadful, but it seems more felt like me about it than I thought there would be.
    It's fair to say the regulars on our minibus were not best pleased on the way home. Everybody was well pissed off. There was even a brief period of booing in the ground after that incident in which Huddersfield hit the woodwork twice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's fair to say the regulars on our minibus were not best pleased on the way home. Everybody was well pissed off. There was even a brief period of booing in the ground after that incident in which Huddersfield hit the woodwork twice.
    I’m probably going a bit over the top, but I do feel that we’ve now reached the stage where those in charge of the club should try to get to the heart of why we’ve been so poor at home for three full seasons (our home record wasn’t anything special in the second half of 19/20 either). Eric’s stats show that only the mid eighties Durban and Burrows teams which many long term supporters rate as the worst they’ve seen at City compare with what’s happening at Cardiff City Stadium currently.

At least those awful sides from nearly forty years ago had the excuse that they were generally playing in front of very small, but often pretty hostile, crowds. This time around, the 20/21 side can claim they were affected by the ground being empty, but in the last two seasons there’ve been good crowds which, apart from when they turned on Mick McCarthy, have been very supportive of the team.

I’m not sure if the hierarchy at the club are interested enough to attempt to establish why we’re so bad at home, but, if they are, I wonder if it might be time to hire a sports psychologist.

We fans need to start asking questions and demand a few answers from the hierarchy…

For me it’s pointless talking about next seasons team what we need , shall Lamouchi stay etc etc when there’s issues off the field that need addressing.
    I would ask what’s the vision for the next few seasons and point out that not having a DOF has not really worked out that well.

Also question our drab kits which no one hardly buys and then knocked out at huge discounts at the arse end of the season.

And of course the obvious questions of embargo/ Sala, club communications with fans.

If Huddersfield beat reading and we don't beat Burnley then only a points deduction for Reading saved us from relegation.

If Tan's interest in the club doesn't improve and he starts investing, providing something is done about the embargo, I feel we've only delayed the inevitable

I was as annoyed yesterday as at most of the home games. Perhaps we started better than usual but the second half collapsed was embarrassing. They are fine when going gung ho for the last 5 minutes which they inevitably have to do. Excitement breaks out before it all falls flat at the final whistle with another defeat or disappointing draw against another dreadful team. Going onto the front foot from the off seems a delusional ambition. What have the poor fans in the family enclosure witnessed in recent years. I’d love to see a stat on first half goals. I dread to think how low it is.

I wonder if it might be time to hire a sports psychologist.
    Could you make mine an afternoon appointment Paul? I’m usually busy in the mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I was as annoyed yesterday as at most of the home games. Perhaps we started better than usual but the second half collapsed was embarrassing. They are fine when going gung ho for the last 5 minutes which they inevitably have to do. Excitement breaks out before it all falls flat at the final whistle with another defeat or disappointing draw against another dreadful team. Going onto the front foot from the off seems a delusional ambition. What have the poor fans in the family enclosure witnessed in recent years. I’d love to see a stat on first half goals. I dread to think how low it is.
    If you were one of the poor souls with a family enclosure season ticket last year, the first league goal from us you would have seen at your end would have been Mark Harris’ against Sheffield United on 4 December. You would have had a treat when we played Peterborough and Stoke because we scored two before half time against both of them, but I make it that the only other one you would have watched right in front of you was Jordan Hugill’s against Forest. So, we scored a total of six first half goals at home and only scored in four out of twenty three - shameful stuff.

This season, they only had to wait until August 13 for their first goal - Jaden Philogene’s match winner against Birmingham. There was then a wait until November when Cedric Kipre put us in front against Watford, Kion Etete did the same against Blackpool, Sory Kaba scored his first ever goal for us against Boro, there was Philogene’s goal against the jacks and, finally, Kaba’s against Stoke.

That’s a total twelve goals scored in ten games in the forty six matches we’ve played at home in the last two seasons.

I am in that part of the ground and we are lucky if we get a corner at that end never mind a goal ! The performances are just simply dire , we have no pace in the team or in the way we play !

The “slow” starts suck the life out of the crowd and kill any chance of atmosphere.
    At least Colwill tried to drag the game up with some dribbles and a fine shot that the keeper tipped around the post.

If you were one of the poor souls with a family enclosure season ticket last year, the first league goal from us you would have seen at your end would have been Mark Harris’ against Sheffield United on 4 December. You would have had a treat when we played Peterborough and Stoke because we scored two before half time against both of them, but I make it that the only other one you would have watched right in front of you was Jordan Hugill’s against Forest. So, we scored a total of six first half goals at home and only scored in four out of twenty three - shameful stuff.

This season, they only had to wait until August 13 for their first goal - Jaden Philogene’s match winner against Birmingham. There was then a wait until November when Cedric Kipre put us in front against Watford, Kion Etete did the same against Blackpool, Sory Kaba scored his first ever goal for us against Boro, there was Philogene’s goal against the jacks and, finally, Kaba’s against Stoke.

That’s a total twelve goals scored in ten games in the forty six matches we’ve played at home in the last two seasons.
    Thank you. That’s really astonishing, even though I knew it wasn’t good. It speaks volumes about our ambitions in games and needs serious questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Could you make mine an afternoon appointment Paul? I’m usually busy in the mornings.
    think I’m beyond help when it comes to City home games

I’m probably going a bit over the top, but I do feel that we’ve now reached the stage where those in charge of the club should try to get to the heart of why we’ve been so poor at home for three full seasons (our home record wasn’t anything special in the second half of 19/20 either). Eric’s stats show that only the mid eighties Durban and Burrows teams which many long term supporters rate as the worst they’ve seen at City compare with what’s happening at Cardiff City Stadium currently.

At least those awful sides from nearly forty years ago had the excuse that they were generally playing in front of very small, but often pretty hostile, crowds. This time around, the 20/21 side can claim they were affected by the ground being empty, but in the last two seasons there’ve been good crowds which, apart from when they turned on Mick McCarthy, have been very supportive of the team.

I’m not sure if the hierarchy at the club are interested enough to attempt to establish why we’re so bad at home, but, if they are, I wonder if it might be time to hire a sports psychologist.
    Or alternatively recruit players with the right mindset, no a load of bottlers, lazy arsed tossers that are just here because no one else wants them