Without reading points deduction

QPR 50
    Reading 50
    Rotherham 49
    Cardiff 49
    Huddersfield 47 with a game in hand.
    Blackpool 41
    Wigan 41 (who also lost 3)

So if Huddersfield were to beat either reading or shef u at home and we lost at Burnley- we'd be in league 1 next season.

That's where we are. What an escape the club have had. Thoroughly undeserved on their part but let's see how they respond to this warning......

Ps yes I know the butterfly effect and sliding doors etc but argument still holds for me.

Re: Without reading points deduction

Without points deductions, we might have tried yesterday...

We've had the wake up call, I hope Sabri stays now because if he doesn't, it means they haven't learned and won't listen to him. He isn't perfect by any means but I'm glad he's putting conditions on staying. At least someone who knows about football would be calling some of the shots.

Looks like 4th from bottom for us.
    Pretty disgusting. The management should be ashamed.

Reading could’ve been on the beach and not got a last minute equaliser against Wigan.

With something to play for, we might’ve put a shift in against Huddersfield and played our strongest squad.

The point deduction might’ve been the rocket up Reading’s arse that helped them scrape some results they wouldn’t have.

QPR might’ve not managed to stop their implosion in form with 1 less team fighting to go down.

Etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Looks like 4th from bottom for us.
    Pretty disgusting. The management should be ashamed.
    Why should our league position be disgusting ? That reeks of self entitlement, no different from Chelsea or Liverpool supporters who believe they have a God-given right to play in the Champions League each and every year.

All it tells us is that we've had a dreadful season, promoted a coach (Hudson) into a position where he was shown to be out of his depth and recruited some players who are way below the standard necessary to prosper in this league.

There are of course mitigating circumstances such as the injuries to Collins, Robinson and possibly Adams but no doubt other teams in the Championship will have the same hard luck stories.

I'm just glad we survived with two games to spare and can look forward to better times ahead, with Lamouchi (if it's him) given a full pre-season to work with the players and fingers crossed with enough quality additions to make a difference next season.

I’m assuming there is no option for Reading to appeal the points deduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I’m assuming there is no option for Reading to appeal the points deduction?
    I was wondering this but didn't want to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I was wondering this but didn't want to say!
    If an appeal is successful maybe they can start with +6 points next season !

In reality, I believe they've had the threat of a six points deduction hanging over them for some time and it was inevitable that sooner or later it would be implemented. Teams in the relegation dogfight have played on in the knowledge that x number of points would be required to finish above Reading, so there is no way the EFL would reverse their decision at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    QPR 50
    Reading 50
    Rotherham 49
    Cardiff 49
    Huddersfield 47 with a game in hand.
    Blackpool 41
    Wigan 41 (who also lost 3)

So if Huddersfield were to beat either reading or shef u at home and we lost at Burnley- we'd be in league 1 next season.

That's where we are. What an escape the club have had. Thoroughly undeserved on their part but let's see how they respond to this warning......

Ps yes I know the butterfly effect and sliding doors etc but argument still holds for me.
    Er …. no we wouldn't be in League One. You appear to have (deliberately ?) awarded three points to Rotherham from their game later tonight with Middlesborough. Are you psychic ? I would bet on Middlesboro winning that one. Funny that no one else who continually criticises the team has noticed that either. Reading and Wigan were deducted points for cheating the system and deserved it. Without this cheating, how many points less do you think they would have got ? None probably going on your recent comments. League positions and relegation are decided after 46 games, not 44 or 45. We are currently 5th from bottom.

DML, the game was played at lunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Er …. no we wouldn't be in League One. You appear to have (deliberately ?) awarded three points to Rotherham from their game later tonight with Middlesborough. Are you psychic ? I would bet on Middlesboro winning that one. Funny that no one else who continually criticises the team has noticed that either. Reading and Wigan were deducted points for cheating the system and deserved it. Without this cheating, how many points less do you think they would have got ? None probably going on your recent comments. League positions and relegation are decided after 46 games, not 44 or 45. We are currently 5th from bottom.
    I'll give to 1/1000 odds Rotherham beat Middlesborough.

Rotherham won 1-0 in the 1pm kick off

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. I have been away. Who cares. My main point stands. We have 49 points and are safe from relegation, that is where the table stands. It makes no difference whether we finish 20th, 19th or 7th. There are some people who suck all the enjoyment out of us actually avoiding going down and appear to wish that we had been relegated. A couple of months ago most of them were stating that we were dead and buried. Bet Huddersfield, Rotherham and QPR fans aren't moaning like some of ours

Nah I'm not psychic I've just got a funny feeling Rotherham Will win 1-0. Type of game boro may get a man sent off also.

We will see tomorrow when the game is definitely played tonight I guess? Or you maybe right and Rotherham will lose we shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Indeed. As mares go, dml's is up there with the best lol

I’m going for a flier here. I think Reading will escape and Huddersfield will go down.

Ok. Fair enough. I have been away. Who cares. My main point stands. We have 49 points and are safe from relegation, that is where the table stands. It makes no difference whether we finish 20th, 19th or 7th. There are some people who suck all the enjoyment out of us actually avoiding going down and appear to wish that we had been relegated. A couple of months ago most of them were stating that we were dead and buried. Bet Huddersfield, Rotherham and QPR fans aren't moaning like some of ours
    You obviously never went on the Rotherham messageboard after we beat them. They were having a right go at their manager and the players. When will you realise that our fans are no different from everybody else's fans. Win and everyone is happy, get beat and some people need to vent their anger. And as for our fans wanting us to be relegated, well words fail me.

Er …. no we wouldn't be in League One. You appear to have (deliberately ?) awarded three points to Rotherham from their game later tonight with Middlesborough. Are you psychic ? I would bet on Middlesboro winning that one.
    What a mare you fecking muppet

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What a mare you fecking muppet
    You never know, they might get a 250th minute winner!

I don't care that you've been away. Should I?

I know Utd got a post full time penalty against Brighton once because of VAR, but I’m doubtful Boro will manage to sneak another 2 goals at this point.

Er …. no we wouldn't be in League One. You appear to have (deliberately ?) awarded three points to Rotherham from their game later tonight with Middlesborough. Are you psychic ? I would bet on Middlesboro winning that one. Funny that no one else who continually criticises the team has noticed that either.
    This is magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is magnificent.
    Derby were deducted 21-points last season

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Derby were deducted 21-points last season
    Let’s see if they beat Boro to stay up

Reading would have been relegated last year on goal difference if it wasn’t for Derby’s deduction, as far as I know there are no threads on their board complaining