+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Without reading points deduction

Re: Without reading points deduction

It's preferable for reading to stay up as its almost a local Derby......although the days of us taking 4000 fans there is over due to restrictions

But Huddersfield are generally a decent bunch and hate Leeds so its a close 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's preferable for reading to stay up as its almost a local Derby......although the days of us taking 4000 fans there is over due to restrictions

But Huddersfield are generally a decent bunch and hate Leeds so its a close ��
    Without their transfer embargo and business plan next season I'd expect Reading to be the stronger of the two, so in one sense it might be better for us if they go down.

However, if Warnock goes down I think that could be good for us for other reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Without their transfer embargo and business plan next season I'd expect Reading to be the stronger of the two, so in one sense it might be better for us if they go down.

However, if Warnock goes down I think that could be good for us for other reasons
    If we want to stay up its vital lamouchi gets rid of the also rans and we keep those who are capable

We can't have a mass cull

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we want to stay up its vital lamouchi gets rid of the also rans and we keep those who are capable

We can't have a mass cull
    I don't think there will be much of an exodus at all, we will find it pretty difficult to bring players in under the transfer fee ban again

Can’t be bothered to read this thread. Apologies if the following have already been mentioned but look at the points lost/ thrown away through:
    Missed penalties- a decent taker of penalties should successfully convert at least 80% I reckon.
    Terrible referees e.g. the muppet who allowed Madine to equalise for Blackpool when everyone in the ground knew he should have been sent off before scoring. We always seem to have unfair refs at our home games.
    The daft sending off of Callum Robinson at Swansea.
    The crazy last moment capitulation vs Swansea at home.
    Etc.

Without the above we would comfortably been clear of relegation weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Can’t be bothered to read this thread. Apologies if the following have already been mentioned but look at the points lost/ thrown away through:
    Missed penalties- a decent taker of penalties should successfully convert at least 80% I reckon.
    Terrible referees e.g. the muppet who allowed Madine to equalise for Blackpool when everyone in the ground knew he should have been sent off before scoring. We always seem to have unfair refs at our home games.
    Etc.

Add to that Wigan's 97th minute equaliser and Robinsons goal against Coventry which was chalked off only for the ref to later apologise for his mistake.....gee thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Etc.

Sorry, couldn’t be bothered to read any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes but if Sala hadn't taken that flight we may have still been in the Premier League!
    Yep and this is a good point. You only just went down and a record signing striker may have made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep and this is a good point. You only just went down and a record signing striker may have made all the difference.
    Maybe, but the guy seems to post ambiguous stuff so who knows when he is intending to make a meaningful post or when he is just on a fishing expedition, laughing at the people he thinks he has caught in his "net"?

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Add to that Wigan's 97th minute equaliser and Robinsons goal against Coventry which was chalked off only for the ref to later apologise for his mistake.....gee thanks
    Jeez, we should have won the league ya know

Basically without the points deduction for reading we'd now be in the bottom 3 with one game left.

Which is Burnley away.....

What a lucky escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Basically without the points deduction for reading we'd now be in the bottom 3 with one game left.

Which is Burnley away.....

What a lucky escape.
    Without wishing to be disrespectful, what a load of tosh.

Each and every one of the teams around us knew exactly what they had to do to survive once Reading were deducted points and most of them included us did so. Those that didn't, included Reading have fallen by the wayside. Nothing lucky about it. We were safe with two games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Without wishing to be disrespectful, what a load of tosh.

Each and every one of the teams around us knew exactly what they had to do to survive once Reading were deducted points and most of them included us did so. Those that didn't, included Reading have fallen by the wayside. Nothing lucky about it. We were safe with two games to go.
    OK which of the teams above us do you think would now be below us if reading hadn't been deducted points?

OK which of the teams above us do you think would now be below us if reading hadn't been deducted points?
    That’s a mighty fine question.

For goodness sake - why all the continual wailing, wringing of hands and pontification ? The season is almost over and we are safe from relegation. Reading deserved the points deduction. They were told 6 months ago that if they didn't get their house in order, they would be deducted more points and ignored the warnings. Do you really think that the fans of Huddersfield, Rotherham, QPR and Stoke give a rats arse about where they might have finished if Reading had the 6 points back ?

I think you're missing the point. Your original statement was that we've had a lucky escape. I don't think there is anything lucky about it. All the teams around us knew what they had to do. QPR got some wins when it looked like they were in freefall, we won 3 of our last 4 away games, Huddersfield have put together an amazing sequence of results, Rotherham beat Middlesbrough after it looked like our win at their place might send them down.

There are too many imponderables to be sure where any of us may have finished without Reading's points deduction. For instance Huddersfield may have felt cut adrift and lost hope that they could reel in the rest and been unable to produce the results they have. Similarly Middlesbrough having nothing to play for once a play off place had been achieved may have gone into their game with Rotherham with little or no motivation. All ifs, buts and maybes. What is certain is that we survived with two games to spare.

International

QPR 50
    Reading 50
    Rotherham 49
    Cardiff 49
    Huddersfield 47 with a game in hand.
    Blackpool 41
    Wigan 41 (who also lost 3)

So if Huddersfield were to beat either reading or shef u at home and we lost at Burnley- we'd be in league 1 next season.

That's where we are. What an escape the club have had. Thoroughly undeserved on their part but let's see how they respond to this warning......

Ps yes I know the butterfly effect and sliding doors etc but argument still holds for me.
    Lucky escape no doubt, we will just have to hope that Lamouchi really does have contacts in the European Leagues and can find some gems and that Tan can use his other clubs for the odd legal work around for the embargo.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Lucky escape no doubt, we will just have to hope that Lamouchi really does have contacts in the European Leagues and can find some gems and that Tan can use his other clubs for the odd legal work around for the embargo.
    I've heard it mentioned a couple of times that we could look to Europe for players, but wouldn't we struggle to get work permits post-Brexit? Jamilu Collins and Sory Kaba are both internationals, and even then Collins only just got over the line for a work permit. I couldn't see us being able to sign anyone like Loic Damour again, for example.