+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: BURNLEY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BURNLEY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Either dml1954 is a brilliant parody account or he should be locked in a rubber room. He's spent this thread steadfastly maintaining that the EFL somehow anticipated the Queen's death and the King's coronation when publishing their key dates for the season last summer. It's another CCMB classic from my favourite contributor.
    In fairness it was only last Monday dml1954 predicted Rotherham would lose to Middlesbrough- a couple of hours after Rotherham had already won.

I think it's fair to say kick off times and dates aren't a strong point......

Am I the only one that is finding it hard to summon up any enthusiasm for this game? Now that we are safe the season can’t end quick enough for me.

I’m just hoping to avoid a morale sapping battering! And hopefully Colwill and Davies might get games.
    Last edited by Bobby Dandruff; 08-05-23 at 08:01. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Am I the only one that is finding it hard to summon up any enthusiasm for this game? Now that we are safe the season can’t end quick enough for me.

I’m just hoping to avoid a morale sapping battering! And hopefully Colwill and Davies might get games.
    I think a lot of fans are feeling the same, out of our lot who go, no one has mentioned anything, other than when are you renewing your ST?
    He might as well play the fringe players, who show a bit enthusiasm and bottle.

I hope we don’t have to see a starting lineup featuring Allsop Simpson, Ojo, Sawyers and Wickham again.
    If it is Sabri, whose got the gig for next season, he’s got his work cut out, unless something dramatic changes?

I'd go further I don't even think a battering would be that morale sapping. It's been a mess of a season that only 2 teams have got less points than us after 45 games. We've been very lucky to escape so just need to put this behind us whatever happens today. One of those even a win today would only paper over any cracks.

Although having said that just hope those that are going have a good day. No pressure on the football which is nice so one to be enjoyed whatever happens on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I'd go further I don't even think a battering would be that morale sapping. It's been a mess of a season that only 2 teams have got less points than us after 45 games. We've been very lucky to escape so just need to put this behind us whatever happens today. One of those even a win today would only paper over any cracks.
    Half our first team won't even be in the squad today. God knows why I'm bothering myself .

I am still amazed 1700 are going up there when in better times our support hasn't been in those numbers

Fair play to them

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Half our first team won't even be in the squad today. God knows why I'm bothering myself .
    Because that is what we do…… :-o

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am still amazed 1700 are going up there when in better times our support hasn't been in those numbers

Fair play to them
    Agreed.

Match Facts:

• Burnley are unbeaten in their last 15 home league games against Cardiff City (W7 D8), with this their first against the Bluebirds since April 2019 in the Premier League, a 2-0 win.
    • Of the last 14 league meetings between Burnley and Cardiff, 10 have been drawn (both sides two wins each), including a 1-1 stalemate earlier this campaign.
    • Burnley have lost their final league game in each of the last six seasons, although all defeats were in the Premier League. They are unbeaten in their final game in their previous six Championship campaigns (W3 D3) since a 5-0 defeat at Crystal Palace in 2007-08.
    • Cardiff City haven't lost their final league game in any of the last eight seasons (W5 D3) since a 2-1 home defeat to Chelsea in 2013-14 in the Premier League.
    • A win for Burnley in this match would see them hit 100+ points in the Championship (101). They'd be the first team to win 100 points in a Championship season since Leicester City in 2013-14 (102).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Ojo at left wing back?

Alnwick dropped from the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

I hope we don’t have to see a starting lineup featuring Allsop Simpson, Ojo, Sawyers and Wickham again.
    Well there's no sawyers........ 4/5 of those fan favourites in the starting line up though!

Seriously weird team selection, even for the meaningless last game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ojo at left wing back?
    Bagan on the bench though. No pleasing some people.

Would love a big game from Colwill to show he can be of use next season.

Lamouchi claims he wants to keep Harris but doesn’t even start him in a dead rubber.

Lamouchi claims he wants to keep Harris but doesn’t even start him in a dead rubber.
    Yet starts wickham.....

He saved a shot recently, too much to take So back to what is comfortable - the error prone Allsop.

Maybe Harris has already said he’s going

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Would love a big game from Colwill to show he can be of use next season.
    Yep

Using the dodgy fire stick to watch the game on Burnley TV.

Their crowd camera shots are fuucking frightening. I've always wondered if the Ministry of Defence ever did a mass experiment in Burnley and spawned a stray gene?

Guard of honour is a nice touch

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Monday May 8th, ko 3:00pm.

Match Officials:

Referee: Matthew Donohue
    Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
    Assistant Referee: Mark Pottage
    Fourth Official: Ollie Yates

The final game of the 2022 / 2023 season. Thankfully we don't need anything from game as Burnley need a win to reach 101 points.
    On FB I think it was yesterday, the kidnapping incident at Burnley cropped up, anyone remember it 🤣