+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Ashes Thread

Re: Official Ashes Thread

A decent morning tomorrow and England are in big trouble.

Australia have had the more difficult conditions to bat in and have shown Bazball to be the nonsense that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    A decent morning tomorrow and England are in big trouble.

Australia have had the more difficult conditions to bat in and have shown Bazball to be the nonsense that it is.
    England are already in big trouble. Like the first test a lot is self inflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    England are already in big trouble. Like the first test a lot is self inflicted.
    Agreed, the only hope England have is if Steve Smith loses his marbles in the first few overs before he gets cooking.

Nathan Lyon batting? Do they not use runners these days???

This could still be an attainable target if England bat half-sensibly......and not lose too many wickets last session.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Nathan Lyon batting? Do they not use runners these days???

This could still be an attainable target if England bat half-sensibly......and not lose too many wickets last session.
    https://www.lords.org/mcc/the-laws-o...nings;-runners

More brain dead cricket from England. Bowl the ball at Lyons stumps you thick feckin tw@ts. Completely clueless. These are seriously experienced cricketers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    More brain dead cricket from England. Bowl the ball at Lyons stumps you thick feckin tw@ts. Completely clueless. These are seriously experienced cricketers.
    Body line 2023 going forward ….

What is this ridiculous entering the pitch from England Batsmen? Stretching.....practising a slash...defensive bat....then sprinting to the wicket.....why not just a concentrated walk?? ye gods..

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    What is this ridiculous entering the pitch from England Batsmen? Stretching.....practising a slash...defensive bat....then sprinting to the wicket.....why not just a concentrated walk?? ye gods..
    I don't think it is their walking out that is the problem. It is what they do after.

13 - 2 (4.2 overs).

Cannot afford to lose another wicket tonight....and there is Root (whom I am a great admirer of...) dancing on the edge before entering the pitch.....Can you ever imagine Boycott doing that? Sorry..I am just a tradtionalist.....

Just need to play SENSIBLY(!)...there is plenty of time..and the wicket is not doing much......

Ashes over. Root and Brook gone

They are a better side. But England have handed them the Ashes.

A bloody drinks break...in the last session......ye gods....it's not even hot.
    Ashes burned....

Was that a catch or not a catch?

My thoughts were that, if a fielder lands on the floor after making a catch, the ball must not get in contact with the grass. Now, apparently, the rule is if the fielder is in control. Surely no fielder is in total control until they've landed? It was a slightly odd one, all Aussies are claiming the catch was fair, but I can't see how it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was that a catch or not a catch?

My thoughts were that, if a fielder lands on the floor after making a catch, the ball must not get in contact with the grass. Now, apparently, the rule is if the fielder is in control. Surely no fielder is in total control until they've landed? It was a slightly odd one, all Aussies are claiming the catch was fair, but I can't see how it could have been.
    Not a catch, his hand should have been underneath the ball ensuring that it did not make contact with the ground. Do not doubt yourself. It was not a catch, he was not in control of the ball as the ball made clear contact with the ground. if his hand was turned the other way and to ensure the ball did not make contact with ground then yes he would be out. Not sure why the Aussies are complaining I think it is only a matter of time before they bowl England out tomorrow to win the match.

I can see both sides of the argument, Starc caught the ball cleanly and was “in control” of the ball for what was, by the standards of catching a cricket ball, for a long time. The thing that, just about, makes me think it wasn’t a catch is that I don’t think you could say the catch was completed until Starc made contact with ground and when he did the ball was definitely touching the floor - of course, the main reason why it wasn’t a catch is that the decision had Glenn McGrath spitting feathers - can’t help thinking he might be right about 5=0.

A view from the boundary

Rishi Sunak

Big Hampshire & Saints fan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fyf4vr

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    A view from the boundary

Rishi Sunak

Big Hampshire & Saints fan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fyf4vr
    He answered more questions in one interview with Aggers, than he has done in total in PMQs with Kier Starmer.

Great play to get Bairstow out.

England are losing this test because they’re thick - sorry, but some of their decisions have been brainless.

That's really not cricket. Technically correct but no-one wants to see batsmen dismissed like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That's really not cricket
    from bairstow yes

Stupid to claim that but just typical of convicts.

Carey , Cummins and co can feck off.

You can’t go assuming the ball is dead. If he’d looked around the wicket keeper was already throwing the ball. Ridiculous to cry foul over that, just stupidity but people would rather get annoyed with the opposition.