Re: Official Ashes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You were saying
    I had little faith 🤭

Just great sport.

Last edited by rich munn; 09-07-23 at 17:22. Reason: error

Great 4 days of cricket, constantly had me wondering if England were throwing it away at times. Stokes and Bairstow wickets seemed like a turning moment but Woakes and Brook stood firm, with Wood in search of boundaries at the end.

Entertaining stuff, and still something to play for at Old Trafford.

Carrying too many injuries, ageing bowlers ? will lose series 1 - 3 .

Don’t know if this should be in this thread, but England’s women’s team have just beaten the Australians again to level their Ashes series at 6-6 with two games to play. It’s three straight wins now for England over what was being described as the world’s greatest team. Australia never lose fifty over games, but they have today.

Don’t know if this should be in this thread, but England’s women’s team have just beaten the Australians again to level their Ashes series at 6-6 with two games to play. It’s three straight wins now for England over what was being described as the world’s greatest team. Australia never lose fifty over games, but they have today.

Fantastic match and entertaining to watch ,apparently the money SKY have pushed into the women’s game has really helped with the girls being able to become professional and it helps no end.

They can concentrate on being professional sportswomen which they deserve.

have enjoyed this series as well

The last few women's games have been great. The Aussies just don't look like the formidable team they've been for such a long time.

O/T
    Just watching West Indies v. India, the all-rounder Rahkeem Cornwall is some unit , 6”7 and 23 stone

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    O/T
    Just watching West Indies v. India, the all-rounder Rahkeem Cornwall is some unit , 6”7 and 23 stone
    Fast bowler?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fast bowler?
    off spinner, there are two cracking youngsters in this test, atanaze for the west indies and jaiswal for india

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    O/T
    Pretty sure he was in the last West Indies party to tour England.

Pretty sure he was in the last West Indies party to tour England.
    think he was

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    think he was
    Yes he was actually, he looks a pretty good slow bowler to be fair

Australia retain the women’s Ashes with a three run win In today’s match at Southampton despite another heroic hundred in a losing cause by Nat Sciver-Brunt. The decisive event was the final over of the Australian innings in which they scored twenty six runs. England again dropped too many catches and Amy Jones will regret her reverse scoop shot just when England were taking charge.

good shot at the wrong time in the game

Jimmy Anderson comes in for Ollie Robinson in the only change for Wednesdays test - I’d have been inclined to give the quicker Tongue a game one of the countries harder and bouncier pitches, but Anderson’s due a good game.

Moeen batting at three, I can see why that’s happening given it’s best to keep Brook at five, but I’d like to have seen Root move up one.

Root should definitely be at 3.

Jimmy Anderson comes in for Ollie Robinson in the only change for Wednesdays test - I’d have been inclined to give the quicker Tongue a game one of the countries harder and bouncier pitches, but Anderson’s due a good game.

Moeen batting at three, I can see why that’s happening given it’s best to keep Brook at five, but I’d like to have seen Root move up one.
    A shot to nothing for “The Beard that’s Feared” at three , if it comes off there could be quick runs on the board and puts pressure back on Australia.

England’s women beat Australia comfortably in the final ODI to square the series at 8-8. That score line means Australia retain the Ashes, but in a seven game series, England won four to three winning both the T20 and ODI (Australia had not lost a series in this format since 2013), but Australia’s double points win proved decisive in theAshes battle. I daresay there’ll be some talk on the English side about the format where the test match proves so important, but I think it’s fair enough, although I’d prefer the test match to be played last as that would stop one side getting a big lead early on and provide a great climax when the series is close.

O/T footage of Glamorgan v Australia 1953

25,000 at St Helens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AK31TDFHE8

England 122-1. Credit to Mooen for passing 50 at 3. Set it up nicely for Root at 4.

Really dont throw this away. If you get a good ball fair enough.

What a strange player Crawley is

What a strange player Crawley is

Well done Crawley.