+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Ashes Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Official Ashes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Got to agree.
    What on earth was he thinking by leaving the crease immediately.
    Very unprofessional from Bairstow and the keeper was within his rights to run him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Trying to think of a football equivalent. Scoring after your opponents put the ball out because of an injury instead of giving the ball back to them?
    Can’t agree, Bairstow was in the crease when Carey threw it. Brilliant from Carey, dozy from Bairstow. Can’t be any excuses. Bairstow totally at fault.

The only football comparison can be o e team stopping expecting a whistle which didn’t come.

Trying to think of a football equivalent. Scoring after your opponents put the ball out because of an injury instead of giving the ball back to them?
    why
    england accepted the rules with that catch yesterday, but dont like it today its the rule, it wasnt the first time bairstow just walked out either it was thrown when he was in the crease

Fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I disagree, Bairstow was being daft - he behaves as he should have done and nothing happens, it wasn’t a one off either, Carey could have done it two or three times before he did.
    It was sloppy from Bairstow, but who wants to see batsmen get out like that? He's not trying to pinch a run like a Mankad.

It was sloppy from Bairstow, but who wants to see batsmen get out like that? He's not trying to pinch a run like a Mankad.
    Both sides reek of hypocrisy. Australia were caught blatantly cheating in South Africa, we had tears from Smith, Warner was supposed to be a changed man and they were going to become the best behaved side in the world, yet I’ve seen no evidence of a change in their approach. This team have shown a hard nosed, almost negative attitude which seems to be motivated by a desire to wipe the concept of Bazball out and that’s another reason why Bairstow was stupid - you should be on your guard against this team and not give them the opportunity he did.

As for England, I’ve already mentioned Broad having the gall to stand there when he was caught at slip, but I also remember from about fifteen years ago a one day international with New Zealand where there was an accidental collision between the batsman and bowler which ended with batsman being run out while he was on the floor. The umpires went out of their way to ask if Paul Collingwood wanted to withdraw his appeal, but he said no and, thankfully, England went on to lose a very tight game. I’m convinced that if the roles were reversed and it was Carey who was wandering out of the crease in the Australian innings, Bairstow would have done the same thing.

Both sides reek of hypocrisy. Australia were caught blatantly cheating in South Africa, we had tears from Smith, Warner was supposed to be a changed man and they were going to become the best behaved side in the world, yet I’ve seen no evidence of a change in their approach. This team have shown a hard nosed, almost negative attitude which seems to be motivated by a desire to wipe the concept of Bazball out and that’s another reason why Bairstow was stupid - you should be on your guard against this team and not give them the opportunity he did.

As for England, I’ve already mentioned Broad having the gall to stand there when he was caught at slip, but I also remember from about fifteen years ago a one day international with New Zealand where there was an accidental collision between the batsman and bowler which ended with batsman being run out while he was on the floor. The umpires went out of their way to ask if Paul Collingwood wanted to withdraw his appeal, but he said no and, thankfully, England went on to lose a very tight game. I’m convinced that if the roles were reversed and it was Carey who was wandering out of the crease in the Australian innings, Bairstow would have done the same thing.
    Spot on

I’m convinced that if the roles were reversed and it was Carey who was wandering out of the crease in the Australian innings, Bairstow would have done the same thing.
    I think you're probably right and the English media would have portrayed Bairstow as a genius.

I will add one thing to the whole debate - there are plenty of Aussies who feel the dismissal wasn't in the spirit of the game, while there are plenty of England supporters who feel it is ok. So far this series there have been rules that have been tested to the limit already; I'm sure there will be more to come.

I'm happy to see it.

Thought it was great play.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I'm happy to see it.

Thought it was great play.
    Are you Australian ?

They are playing the England And Wales Cricket Board , who’s funding keeps Glamorgan afloat

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Are you Australian ?

They are playing the England And Wales Cricket Board , who’s funding keeps Glamorgan afloat
    No Welsh through and through.

I know what the ECB is called and spent time at Lords and was amazed at all the references to Wales.

I don't get the love in for English cricket but not supporting them at football. How many on here would want England and Wales football team.

I know what the ECB is called and spent time at Lords and was amazed at all the references to Wales.

I don't get the love in for English cricket but not supporting them at football. How many on here would want England and Wales football team.
    It’s a similar situation to supporting the British Lions at rugby

All the funding for cricket in Wales comes from the ECB, and it is a lot.

I disagree, Bairstow was being daft - he behaves as he should have done and nothing happens, it wasn’t a one off either, Carey could have done it two or three times before he did.
    Definitely pre meditated by Carey.

Bairstow clearly thought the balls were dead.

Its not great play against a country like Australia they will win by whatever it takes.

Australians do.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    why
    england accepted the rules with that catch yesterday, but dont like it today its the rule, it wasnt the first time bairstow just walked out either it was thrown when he was in the crease
    That catch was different. Duckett walked off.

He thought it was out. The umpire called him back after seeing Stark ground the ball.

On the plus side Bob at least Stokes is showing hes not this sides version of Mike Brearley.🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    On the plus side Bob at least Stokes is showing hes not this sides version of Mike Brearley.🤣

All of Stokes ashes centuries have come when the heat is on in the second innings

I'm convinced that if the roles were reversed and it was Carey who was wandering out of the crease in the Australian innings, Bairstow would have done the same thing.
    You could well be right. I'm not saying that England hold any moral high ground, I just think that's a crap way for any batsman to be out, even if it is technically correct.
    Mind you, it has turned the match into quite a spectacle now!

You could well be right. I'm not saying that England hold any moral high ground, I just think that's a crap way for any batsman to be out, even if it is technically correct.
    Mind you, it has turned the match into quite a spectacle now!
    Great entertainment- pantomime villains, dropped catches, Broad's theatrics and Stokes going at it- great stuff.

No finer sight in cricket than Stokes with a bat in his hand holding his team together.

Long way to go yet though.

stuart broad will be a bit sore tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    stuart broad will be a bit sore tomorrow
    Broad can bat.
    Playing himself in nicely.

Hundred partnership 👏

The convicts have complained about abuse from the long room.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Having witnessed pissed up Australians at their grounds they are taking the piss. Feckin snowflakes.