+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Official Ashes Thread

Re: Official Ashes Thread

With bad weather forecast if England do accelerate and pass Australia I can see another early declaration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    With bad weather forecast if England do accelerate and pass Australia I can see another early declaration.
    That’s the intention, they could quite conceivably be all out by the close , but with a total score of around 380

Root reverse scooping for 6.

Controlled agression.🤣🤣🤣 Seeing as there may not be much play after tomorrow could they be eyeing a declaration tonight?

Root reverse scooping for 6.

Controlled agression.🤣🤣🤣 Seeing as there may not be much play after tomorrow could they be eyeing a declaration tonight?
    I think they will bat through , and get as many as possible in the shortest possible timeframe

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s the intention, they could quite conceivably be all out by the close , but with a total score of around 380
    They scored 178 runs off 25 overs between lunch and tea, I reckon you’re looking at more than 400 barring a collapse.

How many overs left this evening?

International

Best site to keep up to speed with play, in my opinion.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...full-scorecard

With tomorrow the last likely day of play, surely the Aussies just need to play defensively and drag the day out? Match drawn = job done, then go for the outright win in the final test.

The death of Bazball was a bit premature then...

Magnificent 189 from Crawley. Ball kept low England wont mind seeing that.

Crawley out for 189 off 182 balls.
    Fantastic knock.

England 19 ahead with seven wickets remaining.

All this talk of when they might declare.
    Keep the run rate up and England will lose wickets naturally.

Great day for the England spectators.

Root also out to ball thats kept low. No chance at all with that ball.

Could be another great day tomorrow. Need to get the lead to over 100 though and ideally over 150.

Magnificent 189 from Crawley. Ball kept low England wont mind seeing that.
    Kept even lower for root

I'm saying that without having seen Crawley's

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Kept even lower for root

I'm saying that without having seen Crawley's
    Short ball didnt get the expected bounce dragged on. Nowhere near as bad as Roots. That was unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    With tomorrow the last likely day of play, surely the Aussies just need to play defensively and drag the day out? Match drawn = job done, then go for the outright win in the final test.
    Saturday looks like a wash out, but play seems possible on Sunday in what may well be favourable seam bowling conditions on a pitch which is beginning to play one or two tricks already.

Video link to old rivals Ian Botham and Ian Chappell. These 2 really cant stand each other.

https://www.sacricketmag.com/watch-l...ell-vs-botham/

Bairstow going bananas now- 94 off 77 balls. Bit surprised England have batted on this long, but Australia are looking pretty demoralised withEngland now 269 ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bairstow going bananas now- 94 off 77 balls. Bit surprised England have batted on this long, but Australia are looking pretty demoralised withEngland now 269 ahead.
    Jonny Ball 99*

I do enjoy seeing the Aussies being roughed up by a genuinely quick England bowler.

Great and candid interview from YJB here. Well done today.

https://fb.watch/lWzjeowyuI/

Well, the goodish news is that the BBC is now forecasting that the heavy rain that was an 80 per cent probability to hit Manchester today may turn to light rain at times. The bad news is that Sunday’s forecast, which had offered hope of some play at least, has now been downgraded to one of an eighty per cent probability of heavy rain throughout the playing day - if the forecast turns out to be right, we’re not going to see any more play in this test match.

Bookies are now offering odds on the draw being the far most likely outcome for this one (8/13). Managed to get some money on at 2/1 so looking good at the moment!

This is probably going to be a draw. Should have been going into the final test 2-2 with England favourites as they are now well on top of Australia and at the moment are the better side.

England will kick themselves if as likely Australia retain the ashes and forgetting Bairstow behind the stumps , the dropped catches and the batting collapse with a series of ridiculous shots in the 2nd test it will all come down to that declaration on the 1st day.

Still a great series.

Wood has made a huge difference. If hed been fit for all 5 England would have won.

Great series and such a tactical sport. It’s not just planning for five days, it’s planning for 25, the whole series. I always reckon in a five match series it’s a bit lame to blame the weather in one particular match. The Aussies raced into a 2-0 lead, capitalising on an, on times, inept England. In this country it’s inevitable at least one match is going to be weather affected, it’s not so much bad luck in this one because England are on top, it’s previous poor play in the same series.