+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Car bodywork repairs

O/T Car bodywork repairs

Someone ran into my wife's Discovery this week while it was parked. She's managed to give herself a £600 excess on her insurance 🙄 It'll probably need a new door but I thought it might be worth her checking if it can be repaired for less than £600 Can anyone recommend a good place in Cardiff to ask for a quote? TIA

Re: O/T Car bodywork repairs

You can probably buy a door from a scrapyard and if you're lucky you can get one colour matched. Normally doors are easy to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Someone ran into my wife's Discovery this week while it was parked. She's managed to give herself a £600 excess on her insurance 🙄 It'll probably need a new door but I thought it might be worth her checking if it can be repaired for less than £600 Can anyone recommend a good place in Cardiff to ask for a quote? TIA
    If you have already reported it to your insurance company then you have as good as claimed on it.
    This Will be noted on your renewal with them.
    Reason being is that at renewal time, especially if you’re shopping and comparing quotes. You have to answer the question truthfully - “have you been involved in any incidents”?
    That’s an incident, even it it did not result in any claim.

As insurance companies share information, this could invalidate your next policy in the event of an actual future claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    You can probably buy a door from a scrapyard and if you're lucky you can get one colour matched. Normally doors are easy to fit.
    Not a bad idea. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    If you have already reported it to your insurance company then you have as good as claimed on it.
    This Will be noted on your renewal with them.
    Reason being is that at renewal time, especially if you’re shopping and comparing quotes. You have to answer the question truthfully - “have you been involved in any incidents”?
    That’s an incident, even it it did not result in any claim.

As insurance companies share information, this could invalidate your next policy in the event of an actual future claim.
    I appreciate that and she has. But if it can be repaired for less than £600 then it's still worthwhile. Whether it can is a different matter of course.

If someone ran into your car their insurance should be liable for everything including your excess , courtesy car etc.
    Assuming they havent done runner?
    If that is the case whats app me a photo over and I will see if the door is repairable. Message me for my number .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    If someone ran into your car their insurance should be liable for everything including your excess , courtesy car etc.
    Assuming they havent done runner?
    If that is the case whats app me a photo over and I will see if the door is repairable. Message me for my number .
    No they didn't stop or leave a note. It's a private gated carpark so we may be able to spot who did it by the damage to their vehicle. Proving it would be another natter though. I'll message you thanks. It didn't quite puncture the metal but it was deeply scored and dented.

Ah apparently you've exceeded your message quota so you can't receive any more messages until you delete some. Could you message me please? Many thanks.

Carl retired from Carl Moore’s Commercial’s based opposite Splott Market but it’s been taken over by a fella called Raf
    I took my brother in law to see Carl and found out the above
    He’d been quoted £1200 to do the work and Raf quoted him £650
    Needless to say Raf got the job
    He just couldn’t use the jet wash
    That was a joke 🫣
    If you’re local I’d definitely get a quote
    There’s a safety workwear shop and gates to the left
    Mason’s Auto’s is the first unit where Raf is at the very end 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Carl retired from Carl Moore’s Commercial’s based opposite Splott Market but it’s been taken over by a fella called Raf
    That was a joke 🫣
    Mason’s Auto’s is the first unit where Raf is at the very end 👍
    Cheers mate 👍

No worries 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    That was a joke ��
    Mason’s Auto’s is the first unit where Raf is at the very end ��
    Top man as Carl was , I wouldnt have him paint a Discovery.