+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Re: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You are so ****ing pathetic, it's shameful.
    At least I go to games and don't spend all my time slagging off everything to do with the club. What does that make you ? I think you should read the Chesterfield fans interview as well. It might help you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The dragon is shite

I don't know any cardiff fans who think it's good

Apart from you
    I would think it is highly unlikely that you know every Cardiff City fan. Plus a red dragon is a red dragon whether it is Malaysian or Welsh. We are Cardiff City, not Wales in disguise and compete in the English league system. Our team and fan base are made up of many nationality's, including English, much as that might be distasteful to you. Plus our owner is currently Malaysian and has pumped hundreds of millions of pounds into the Club, so putting a Malaysian dragon on the badge to acknowledge his involvement is a miniscule price to pay. Why don't you buy the club off him and then you can get rid of the dragon and put a naked woman on it or something else fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You are so ****ing pathetic, it's shameful.
    Has to be a wind up

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I would think it is highly unlikely that you know every Cardiff City fan. Plus a red dragon is a red dragon whether it is Malaysian or Welsh. We are Cardiff City, not Wales in disguise and compete in the English league system. Our team and fan base are made up of many nationality's, including English, much as that might be distasteful to you. Plus our owner is currently Malaysian and has pumped hundreds of millions of pounds into the Club, so putting a Malaysian dragon on the badge to acknowledge his involvement is a miniscule price to pay. Why don't you buy the club off him and then you can get rid of the dragon and put a naked woman on it or something else fitting.
    So is it a Malaysian dragon or a realistic* dragon?

The dragon and the red band are Tan’s own stamp on the badge. The red is Tan being too petty to let the rebrand die off and the Malaysian dragon has zero relevance to the club bar the owner being Malaysian. I don’t dislike the badge but despite it being in use for close to a decade now I still don’t fully embrace it. The old badge with the daff, dragon and bluebird is THE Cardiff City badge in my mind. That’s not me being stubborn, that’s just how I feel subconsciously.

Sure it’s blue and says Cardiff City, but by your own admission it’s a badge for Vincent Tan.

*as realistic as a mythical creature can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

*as realistic as a mythical creature can be.
    This is the whole point though. It is mythical. No one knows what they look like and yet people get upset that it isn't the correct dragon.

This is the whole point though. It is mythical. No one knows what they look like and yet people get upset that it isn't the correct dragon.
    That's quite funny actually

Do you understand the meaning of "realistic"?

The badge and red shirt debacle has been discussed to death.

The club need to do some serious PR ( on a Wrexham scale) to lift the suggested negative vibes , and if they do I’m sure season ticket sales will be around the same as last year. With Everton Leeds or Leicester coming down , it’s something to look forward to. Most genuine City fans will buy regardless, unless of course finances dictate.

That is not the whole point.

Most Cardiff fans know what the Welsh dragon looks like. It is an emblem that appears everywhere around us, and hasn't changed too much through the history of its' use as a Welsh emblem. The early ones were on their hind legs, but still the shape was similar.

Many Cardiff fans know what a Chinese dragon looks like. Again it is an emblem that appears across UK cities and on TV.

It is not about 'what they look like'. They don't look like anything. They don't exist. The emblems exist and are recognisable.

There is a history of using a small Welsh dragon on the Cardiff badge. Personally I don't much like the traditional badge and would prefer something simpler and cleaner - actually I would prefer a bluebird emblem with Cardiff City and 1899 on it in san serif font - no fiddly bits and no clutter. But there is at least a heritage argument for a small Welsh dragon. The Chinese dragon is inappropriate, and a stain at the bottom of the badge. It is a symbol of the owner's ego and nothing more.

Do you think the annoyance arises because there actually is a “correct dragon” in the eyes of Cardiff City fans?

For example, the dragon of Wales? The dragon which has previously been on the badge, is flown from flags within the stadium, and is representative of the country Cardiff is the capital city of.

If we changed the badge to a bluebird standing up, like Bristol City or Norwich’s badges, would you be equally confused if people complained it wasn’t the “correct bluebird”?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Most Cardiff fans know what the Welsh dragon looks like. It is an emblem that appears everywhere around us, and hasn't changed too much through the history of its' use as a Welsh emblem. The early ones were on their hind legs, but still the shape was similar.

Many Cardiff fans know what a Chinese dragon looks like. Again it is an emblem that appears across UK cities and on TV.

It is not about 'what they look like'. They don't look like anything. They don't exist. The emblems exist and are recognisable.

There is a history of using a small Welsh dragon on the Cardiff badge. Personally I don't much like the traditional badge and would prefer something simpler and cleaner - actually I would prefer a bluebird emblem with Cardiff City and 1899 on it in san serif font - no fiddly bits and no clutter. But there is at least a heritage argument for a small Welsh dragon. The Chinese dragon is inappropriate, and a stain at the bottom of the badge. It is a symbol of the owner's ego and nothing more.
    You are absolutely correct but it’s wasted on dml who is just trying to wind people up by making very churlish - and childish points

The Chinese depiction of the dragon on our badge is Mr Tan’s point of saying it is my club, not yours

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Fair play this thread is nuts.

DML is literally the only person I've ever seen suggest these points about the dragon. Utter madness.

I would prefer a pair of tits on there than that pathetic little worm

Get back to the bluebird, dragon and daffodil

When badges became a selling point that was our first decent one and stayed with us for 20 years until Sam changed it into a disaster that looked more like a Leeds badge

You are completely off your head

The Chinese dragon replacing the Welsh dragon on our badge is symbolic of the embarrassing farce that constitutes Tan’s ownership of our club.

The man has placed us hundreds of millions in debt while taking us from the Premier League to the third worst team in the Championship in no time at all.

We have a few deluded fools hanging on in the hope Tan delivers better times ahead. How low do we need to sink before these people wake up and realise our club is heading towards disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The Chinese dragon replacing the Welsh dragon on our badge is symbolic of the embarrassing farce that constitutes Tan’s ownership of our club.

The man has placed us hundreds of millions in debt while taking us from the Premier League to the third worst team in the Championship in no time at all.

We have a few deluded fools hanging on in the hope Tan delivers better times ahead. How low do we need to sink before these people wake up and realise our club is heading towards disaster?
    The problem is what is the alternative

Are we hundreds of millions in debt? I knew it was bad but didnt realise it was that bad.

Unless someone is willing to buy the club we are stuck with Tan.

Such a stupid post.

Where were we when he took over? Don’t think we were in the Prem? More like struggling to stay afloat with multiple people trying to liquidate us.

While I would love new ownership looking to move us forward I that post is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Such a stupid post. Where were we when he took over?
    City had just finished 4th in the Championship when Tan took control.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City had just finished 4th in the Championship when Tan took control.

And how many companies were taking us to court to try and liquidate us?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    And how many companies were taking us to court to try and liquidate us?
    I don't know. Do you?

Chinese dragons don't have wings, Welsh dragon's do.

It's not a Welsh dragon.

Have season ticket sales been suspended? I can’t see option to purchase this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Have season ticket sales been suspended? I can’t see option to purchase this morning!
    The keep your seat window ended at midnight last night. I'm not sure when the next window opens.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    DML will tell you we’ve sold out all 33k

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The keep your seat window ended at midnight last night. I'm not sure when the next window opens.
    Next week I think. This week is for people to.kove seats.