+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Re: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    7,000 plus sold so far

Not sure if that’s very good is it ?
    Given that the deadline for keeping your seat is this Sunday, I'd say that having half of them renewing at this stage isn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Given that the deadline for keeping your seat is this Sunday, I'd say that having half of them renewing at this stage isn't great.
    Thats your negative spin on it but the important consideration is a comparison regarding how many are sold now and how many were sold three days before the initial deadline last year. I would think that the figures would be quite similar. Plus quite a few people will leave it late anyway, so there should be a jump in sales before Sunday. Also remember this is only the first deadline. Some people will be waiting to move where they sit and the initial discount is also available to new people for a couple of weeks afterwards, before the prices rise.

I expect many will wait til June pay and trust their seat won’t get nicked. It’s very unlikely let’s face it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats your negative spin on it but the important consideration is a comparison regarding how many are sold now and how many were sold three days before the initial deadline last year. I would think that the figures would be quite similar. Plus quite a few people will leave it late anyway, so there should be a jump in sales before Sunday. Also remember this is only the first deadline. Some people will be waiting to move where they sit and the initial discount is also available to new people for a couple of weeks afterwards, before the prices rise.
    I hope you’re correct and I was thinking that

This chesterfield fan has the right idea

https://fanbanter.co.uk/chesterfield...layoff-defeat/

Indeed. Figures can be spun anyway you want.
    Some will be moving seats or stands and be deliberately waiting for this period to end. I think it's a shame and a bit of an oversight that the period doesn't go beyond the end of the month, as that's when many will get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    you're comparing one of the richest parts of the country with one of the poorest.
    Not sure where you get that from?

According to ONS stats ….In Norfolk, 15 areas are among the richest 10pc in the country while 32 are in the poorest 10pc. Those neighbourhoods are in Norwich, Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn.

I would imagine Cardiff and the surrounding areas compare favourably with Norwich.

Besides the comparison was more on size of club and relative number of supporters, not on the wealth of the area. Some of the best supported sides in the country are in deprived areas

I hope you’re correct and I was thinking that

This chesterfield fan has the right idea

https://fanbanter.co.uk/chesterfield...layoff-defeat/
    I think that there are a few of our fans who could do with reading the last paragraph of what the Chesterfield fan said because I think they may have lost touch with what it feels like to be a real fan, in their quest for negativity -

‘Fan: If I can just give that Wednesday fans something back, if any Wednesday fans listen to this, if they know, if they’re disappointed, I know they’re gutted and all, they’ll be disappointed.But you remember that for us, it’s over, and for you, it’s not. And people can mock or whatever, but whatever you do, remember that it’s not those players. It’s not this manager or this player or whatever. It’s that badge. And you go on Thursday or Friday, whenever your game is, and you get behind that badge, the badge you fell in love with, the badge that you would do anything for, and you get behind them and you never know. You never know, because you still got a possible 120 minutes to get to win that game or whatever it is. So never give in. Never give up. Never give in on your club. Never turn your back. Never ever say, no, I’ve had enough. Because it’s your club and you should be proud. Whatever the situation, it’s not the players, it’s not the manager. It’s you and your badge. And never forget that, because I certainly won’t. And me being associated with my club makes me so proud. And I genuinely didn’t think I could love my club anymore. But after Saturday, I do. Look, I appreciate you having me on. I’m sorry that I’ve got too emotional. I you know, unless I said I’ll speak to you sometime in the future. But I appreciate you giving me the opportunity.’

He was very prophetic as well about Sheffield Wednesday !

And people can mock or whatever, but whatever you do, remember that it’s not those players. It’s not this manager or this player or whatever. It’s that badge. And you go on Thursday or Friday, whenever your game is, and you get behind that badge, the badge you fell in love with, the badge that you would do anything for, and you get behind them and you never know. You never know, because you still got a possible 120 minutes to get to win that game or whatever it is. So never give in. Never give up. Never give in on your club. Never turn your back. Never ever say, no, I’ve had enough. Because it’s your club and you should be proud. Whatever the situation, it’s not the players, it’s not the manager. It’s you and your badge.

Except when it isn't your badge...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Haha true 😂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Indeed. Figures can be spun anyway you want.
    Some will be moving seats or stands and be deliberately waiting for this period to end. I think it's a shame and a bit of an oversight that the period doesn't go beyond the end of the month, as that's when many will get paid.
    According to the ticket office 7,000 plus is more than the sold equivalent this time last year.

I think that the Chesterfield fan was obviously directing what he said at people like you but I think in your case he was wasting his time.

According to the ticket office 7,000 plus is more than the sold equivalent this time last year.
    Do you have a link to that?

I think that the Chesterfield fan was obviously directing what he said at people like you but I think in your case he was wasting his time.
    He was indeed. But then I’m guessing his badge has never been bastardised by a Malaysian megalomaniac.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    13-14k
    Imagine how many it might be if the club had ambition and stuff…….

7000 sales so far is unbelievably good considering the state of the club and the worst season a lot of our fans would have seen.

I think the problem with the way things are is that we are losing support

And it's difficult to get that back

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I dont think so. Its not the 80s. Football is a safe place for entertainment a day out.

I dont blame anyone not spending their money on the club after a weeks work to watch what we currently have on show. But success a bit of ambition and entertainment and fans will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think so. Its not the 80s. Football is a safe place for entertainment a day out.

I dont blame anyone not spending their money on the club after a weeks work to watch what we currently have on show. But success a bit of ambition and entertainment and fans will be back.
    There are plenty of alternative entertainments these days

There are plenty of alternative entertainments these days
    Weve had 20 plus thousand crowds last season watching utter garbage.

Despite alternative arrangements.

No reason why crowds wont come back if we have a few shit years.

He was indeed. But then I’m guessing his badge has never been bastardised by a Malaysian megalomaniac.
    It is still our club badge. It is blue and white, says Cardiff City FC and has a bluebird on it. There is also a realistic depiction of a dragon on it. Only the most churlish, pedantic and childish of people would claim that it has been ‘bastardised’. The other bit is borderline racist and doesn't deserve comment.

You just wont give this up will you, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Average gates were up last season with five gates well over 20000 in the run in and we have already sold more season tickets than at the same stage last season. You have no faith in your own teams support.

It is still our club badge. It is blue and white, says Cardiff City FC and has a bluebird on it.
    I think you’re missing the point here (and no surprise there). Have you forgotten Vinny’s red dragon beer mat badge already? Considering you’re such a fan of his, I’d be amazed if you have.

As regards the current badge, I’ll consider it ‘ours’ again when the Malaysian ragworm is removed and consigned to the dustbin of history.

It is still our club badge. It is blue and white, says Cardiff City FC and has a bluebird on it. There is also a realistic depiction of a dragon on it. Only the most churlish, pedantic and childish of people would claim that it has been ‘bastardised’. The other bit is borderline racist and doesn't deserve comment.
    The dragon is shite

I don't know any cardiff fans who think it's good

Apart from you

You just wont give this up will you, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Average gates were up last season with five gates well over 20000 in the run in and we have already sold more season tickets than at the same stage last season. You have no faith in your own teams support.
    I am telling you what everybody knows

That with all this messing about the club are going to lose a lot of fans in terms of season ticket sales

It's no more complicated than that

You are so ****ing pathetic, it's shameful.