+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Re: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Club reported 10,000+ sold so far this morning

Imagine what we'd manage if we were well run and had something to be excited about
    Obviously not everyone agrees with your continually negative way of supporting the club.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Obviously not everyone agrees with your continually negative way of supporting the club.
    You've probably bought 9,996 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks, I was sceptical about the numbers claimed, but it looks like it’s true. Assuming it is, the club deserve credit for that to the extent that, at a time when everything seems to be going up in price, they have frozen season ticket prices for another year.

That said, there’s nothing else the club should be credited for over the past year. On the pitch, we were as bad as we’ve been for twenty years (at least) and off it, the decision making at senior levels has been shambolic. They don’t deserve the level of support they’re getting and I hope the level of season ticket sales is not encouraging more of the sort of complacency we’re getting with the hiring of a new manager.
    The last sentence is one of the stupidest and most vindictive posts I have ever read on here. Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram - just because you got it wrong and other people obviously don't look on supporting the club as being the continually negative experience that you do and actually look forward to going, come rain or shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The Chinese dragon replacing the Welsh dragon on our badge is symbolic of the embarrassing farce that constitutes Tan’s ownership of our club.

The man has placed us hundreds of millions in debt while taking us from the Premier League to the third worst team in the Championship in no time at all.

We have a few deluded fools hanging on in the hope Tan delivers better times ahead. How low do we need to sink before these people wake up and realise our club is heading towards disaster?
    We aren't ‘hundreds of millions of pounds in debt’ are we ? Our debt is lower now than when Tan took over. Plus it was actually Tans funding that got us into the Prem in the first place. Tan has converted large parts of the money he has put into the club into equity as well. I think your ‘few deluded fools’ comment would better describe the people who want Tan out with no suitable replacement anywhere on the horizon. The club would go to the wall immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You've probably bought 9,996 of them.
    Another ‘fan’ who is obviously upset that season ticket sales are going quite well.

It’s been proven that our fans have the highest percentage of masochistic tendencies anywhere in the uk….we love pain and suffering, expect ST sales go boom for the upcoming season….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s been proven that our fans have the highest percentage of masochistic tendencies anywhere in the uk….we love pain and suffering, expect ST sales go boom for the upcoming season….
    The uptake is more than likely down to the hard work of the ticket office staff ,improved sales advertising via social media , the very cheap ticket prices and the fact that most supporters just want to support the team, regardless of boardroom matters ,incoming playing staff, and new manager appointments.

My "continually negative way of supporting the club" includes renewing my season ticket yet again. Anyone who spends any time at the ground or discussing Cardiff City would see the majority opinion lies with what you deem to be negative support, not your manner of supporting which ignores the various problems and kicks off if anyone has a bad word to say about the club. This is a forum for discussion, not mindlessly applauding the club's hierarchy

Pleasantly surprised at these figures. Can't think of a reason why they won't continue to be slightly above last year's figures, which is obviously positive.

Our debt is lower now than when Tan took over.
    Is that a fact? Do you have any figures you can quote that confirm your claim?

The last sentence is one of the stupidest and most vindictive posts I have ever read on here. Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram - just because you got it wrong and other people obviously don't look on supporting the club as being the continually negative experience that you do and actually look forward to going, come rain or shine.
    Yay, I feel honoured

10k ST sales are incredible, it is superb. I really felt the bottom would fall out of them this season.

City123 said "imagine what we'd manage if we were well run". We are not a well run club. That is patently obvious and there are 2 undeniable reasons that cannot be argued with.

1. We have had Harris, McCarthy, Morison, Hudson, Whitehead, Sabri and a soon to be appointed manager in 17 months. That's 7 managers in just over a year. It is insane.

2. We have just had our lowest league finish in 20 years. This follows our lowest league finish since promotion, the year before. We are going backwards on the pitch. We haven't finished in the bottom half of the Champ since 2006-07 before last year.

I think it is remarkable our attendances are going to bottom out at the 16/17k mark (maybe even higher). It is fantastic news. If we got the stuff on the pitch right, we could be getting mid 20k crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    10k ST sales are incredible, it is superb. I really felt the bottom would fall out of them this season.

City123 said "imagine what we'd manage if we were well run". We are not a well run club. That is patently obvious and there are 2 undeniable reasons that cannot be argued with.

1. We have had Harris, McCarthy, Morison, Hudson, Whitehead, Sabri and a soon to be appointed manager in 17 months. That's 7 managers in just over a year. It is insane.

2. We have just had our lowest league finish in 20 years. This follows our lowest league finish since promotion, the year before. We are going backwards on the pitch. We haven't finished in the bottom half of the Champ since 2006-07 before last year.

I think it is remarkable our attendances are going to bottom out at the 16/17k mark (maybe even higher). It is fantastic news. If we got the stuff on the pitch right, we could be getting mid 20k crowds.
    We sacked Harris in January 2021, so it's going to be seven managers in under 2.5 years, assuming that the new one is appointed before the start of the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We sacked Harris in January 2021, so it's going to be seven managers in under 2.5 years, assuming that the new one is appointed before the start of the preseason.
    Is it that long? My bad. Still, not ideal. I forgot Mick was here so long, probably a reason for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Is it that long? My bad. Still, not ideal. I forgot Mick was here so long, probably a reason for that...
    And Morison was in charge for two months longer than Mick.

Just looking at the site ticket map ,looks as if the current sales are around 11,600

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    My wife wants us to join CCSC for away trips.
    What is the cost of joining. Thanks
    £10 per person last year

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    £10 per person last year
    10,389 tickets left as of this morning in the lower bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Just looking at the site ticket map ,looks as if the current sales are around 11,600
    I don’t think it’s as high as that. There were 10,800 left for sale the day the club announced we’d passed the 10k sold mark.

How many season tickets have been sold?

Currently we are at 11 or 12,000. It’s pretty good. With Erol’s announcement we expect an uplift. I would hope for 14,000. - Choo

I reckon we will sell 18,000. I think we have a few more announcements that will make the fans happy. - Dalman

Nice to see us being on the right side of things:

Credit where its due. Prices are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Credit where its due. Prices are great.
    Absolutley and especially in the current financial climate and in fairness prices have been good for years 👍

What’s the maximum available season tickets available to sell this season , 21,500 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Absolutley and especially in the current financial climate and in fairness prices have been good for years 👍
    Yet people still want to put the club down and say “would you want to buy a ticket in the current climate?”

Good on everyone that does