Thread: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Re: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Reminder EarlyBird prices ends today at 5pm

Call the ticket office on 033 33 11 1920 or visit https://buff.ly/448SMyn

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

As of now about 7600 left to buy on there. Indicating about 14000 sold i.e more than sold in total last season (not including half season ones).

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    As of now about 7600 left to buy on there. Indicating about 14000 sold i.e more than sold in total last season (not including half season ones).
    I think you have not counted the 1,334 hospitality tickets remaining , or is that included?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think you have not counted the 1,334 hospitality tickets remaining , or is that included?
    Nah. Bout 9k left on the site

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I expect Rambo to be announced at 5:01 this afternoon then.

Pretty sure the club would be telling us if 14,000 plus had been sold.

I'm not. Communication with the fans isn't a strong point for our club. I'm still waiting to hear who has been retained and released

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Pretty sure the club would be telling us if 14,000 plus had been sold.
    Well, smart arse, I looked yesterday afternoon and there were around 9000 left, after the club had announced that 12000 had been sold. There are now about 7400 left (yes, not perhaps including the hospitality ones but I never said those were included). You don't have to be a genius to work out that between 13500 and 14000 must have been sold. Your personal e-mail from the club confirming the figure will no doubt be on the way.

I included all the ones I saw on the ticket site, including in the main stand but if that doesn't include hospitality, it makes no difference really because yesterday early afternoon there were about 9000 left and now there is 7400, so about 1600 have been sold since the 12000 sales were announced.

Well, smart arse, I looked yesterday afternoon and there were around 9000 left, after the club had announced that 12000 had been sold. There are now about 7400 left (yes, not perhaps including the hospitality ones but I never said those were included). You don't have to be a genius to work out that between 13500 and 14000 must have been sold. Your personal e-mail from the club confirming the figure will no doubt be on the way.
    Did you include the hospitality numbers yesterday in that ~9000 figure?

Because there’s ~9000 left now if you include the hospitality sales.

We haven’t sold 14k. It took us nearly 8 days to go from 10k sold to 12k sold. The club announced we’d passed the 12k mark less than 48 hours ago.

It’s been worked out in this thread that there’s a total of 21k-21.5k Season Tickets on sale.

I’d say around 12,700 sold so far

You really do need to calm down a bit and maybe realise that not everything is about you. I said what I did because the club were quick to announce 12,000 tickets sold and it would make no sense if two thousand more had been sold and they said nothing - I’d say it’s in their best interests to keep fans informed of milestones being passed as it’s a good way to keep momentum going. Believe it or not, my message was not an attempt to wind you up (it’s too easy to do that) or have a go at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Did you include the hospitality numbers yesterday in that ~9000 figure?

Because there’s ~9000 left now if you include the hospitality sales.

We haven’t sold 14k. It took us nearly 8 days to go from 10k sold to 12k sold. The club announced we’d passed the 12k mark less than 48 hours ago.

It’s been worked out in this thread that there’s a total of 21k-21.5k Season Tickets on sale.
    Has anyone told Ken Choo?

When asked a direct question from Mehmet Dalman at the press conference on Monday 'what is the maximum number of season tickets we can sell' he confirmed the number given by the comms representative on the panel '60% of the stadium capacity - about 18,000'. Dalman then said that was the number he expected to be sold by 1 August (4,000 more than Choo's guess).

No one was very convincing in their estimate of total season tickets available. 18,000 is not 60% of the total capacity; nor is it 60% of the capacity without the Ninian upper tier extension - which would be just under 20K or just under 17K.

Although Ken is very busy flogging cars in London and a football club in Belgium, so maybe he doesn't have the time to get on top of the big Cardiff season ticket questions?

Jesus Christ

The club have tweeted when we sold 10k, 11k and 12k tickets. I highly doubt we’ve sold 14k and them not having posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Has anyone told Ken Choo?

When asked a direct question from Mehmet Dalman at the press conference on Monday 'what is the maximum number of season tickets we can sell' he confirmed the number given by the comms representative on the panel '60% of the stadium capacity - about 18,000'. Dalman then said that was the number he expected to be sold by 1 August (4,000 more than Choo's guess).

No one was very convincing in their estimate of total season tickets available. 18,000 is not 60% of the total capacity; nor is it 60% of the capacity without the Ninian upper tier extension - which would be just under 20K or just under 17K.

Although Ken is very busy flogging cars in London and a football club in Belgium, so maybe he doesn't have the time to get on top of the big Cardiff season ticket questions?
    I thought the 18k figure was what he thought we’d sell? Maybe I misunderstood, admittedly I only skimmed the interview notes on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I thought the 18k figure was what he thought we’d sell? Maybe I misunderstood, admittedly I only skimmed the interview notes on here.
    I rewatched that part of the press conference on CCTV this afternoon to check what was said - and if I remembered it right. I did.

Choo thought we would sell 14K by 1 August. Dalman asked the max number of season tickets available. Choo confirmed 18K (the number first came from the Comms person at the far end of the table), and Dalman went for 18K as the number that would be sold on the strength of that and other announcements due to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I rewatched that part of the press conference on CCTV this afternoon to check what was said - and if I remembered it right. I did.

Choo thought we would sell 14K by 1 August. Dalman asked the max number of season tickets available. Choo confirmed 18K (the number first came from the Comms person at the far end of the table), and Dalman went for 18K as the number that would be sold on the strength of that and other announcements due to be made.
    When the club announced that 12,000 season tickets had been sold ,around 9,600 tickets were still available to buy which included hospitality tickets. On that basis around 21,500 -21,600 are available to buy.

Perhaps the 18,000 figure is the number of non hospitality tickets available, or they misquoted.

When the club announced that 12,000 season tickets had been sold ,around 9,600 tickets were still available to buy which included hospitality tickets. On that basis around 21,500 -21,600 are available to buy.

Perhaps the 18,000 figure is the number of non hospitality tickets available, or they misquoted.
    Couldn't it be that there are 9,600 seats left to buy but the club can only sell 6,000 of them? It doesn't matter where the remaining capacity is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Couldn't it be that there are 9,600 seats left to buy but the club can only sell 6,000 of them? It doesn't matter where the remaining capacity is.
    No, I think what’s available on the site is what is available to sell otherwise you would have around 24,700 on sale in total ( less 2,800 away and about 1,000 segregation)

FWIW the current amount is around 12,800

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You really do need to calm down a bit and maybe realise that not everything is about you. I said what I did because the club were quick to announce 12,000 tickets sold and it would make no sense if two thousand more had been sold and they said nothing - I’d say it’s in their best interests to keep fans informed of milestones being passed as it’s a good way to keep momentum going. Believe it or not, my message was not an attempt to wind you up (it’s too easy to do that) or have a go at the club.
    Smart arse

Jesus Christ

The club have tweeted when we sold 10k, 11k and 12k tickets. I highly doubt we’ve sold 14k and them not having posted it.
    We keep selling an extra thousand every time they go to tweet it

We've sold 37,000 so far

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We keep selling an extra thousand every time they go to tweet it

We've sold 37,000 so far
    DML must've done a fair few post offices in order to bump the figures up, anything to win an argument on here

Jesus Christ

The deadline for reduced price sales was 5.00pm today. Why would the club release another figure before the deadline has passed, particularly as they released one yesterday ? I would expect one within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Smart arse
    Thats what I would call someone who always thinks he knows better than anyone else. Wouldn't you ?

Ah yeah that would make sense. When (if) the 18k mark is hit they stop sales and keep the rest for walk ups.