+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Re: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So come on then. How many is ‘over 13000’ ? Is it 13001 ? 13500 ? 13999? Lets be honest, none of you have any idea but it is just as likely to be the latter as it is the other two. The one thing that I know is that most of you were predicting around 10000, if we were lucky, as little as 5-6 weeks ago. Probably because most of you don't go in the first place and have no idea about what actual supporters think or do. Never mind, it will soon be time for the season to start and you will be able to get back to the usual rounds of slagging off the club, manager and team. Unless of course we win a couple of games, as disappointing that thought might be for some of you I know.

Bit aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    Bit aggressive
    We've bought season tickets after a few years off. With all of the off-field stuff, I'm not sure why Any others returned this year?

So come on then. How many is ‘over 13000’ ? Is it 13001 ? 13500 ? 13999?
    Maybe 15k? Have you tried checking the seat map again

12k+ was announced 15 days ago. In those 15 days we’ve sold about 500 ish tickets. Give or take a bit.

So come on then. How many is ‘over 13000’ ? Is it 13001 ? 13500 ? 13999? Lets be honest, none of you have any idea but it is just as likely to be the latter as it is the other two. The one thing that I know is that most of you were predicting around 10000, if we were lucky, as little as 5-6 weeks ago. Probably because most of you don't go in the first place and have no idea about what actual supporters think or do. Never mind, it will soon be time for the season to start and you will be able to get back to the usual rounds of slagging off the club, manager and team. Unless of course we win a couple of games, as disappointing that thought might be for some of you I know.
    If it was 13,999 I’d understand it if the club decided to tell a whopper and announced 14,000.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If it was 13,999 I’d understand it if the club decided to tell a whopper and announced 14,000.
    That’s the opposite of the ‘Only £1.99’ shopkeeper’s trick.

If it was 13,999 the club would have said "almost 14,000".

Currently at about 13,020

Dml is right about one thing though, I didn’t think we’d sell this many tickets before the end of June - in fact, I would have doubted that we’d have sold 13,000 come the closure of the transfer window.

How many potential City season ticket buyers actually wait to see who we sign before committing? It can’t be many in our current recruitment situation, certainly not in the thousands, be surprised if it’s in the high hundreds. Surely nigh on everyone who’s going to buy has bought

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Currently at about 13,020
    Give or take a few hundred thats going to be about it

About 1000 down on last season ?

Could be worse

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dml is right about one thing though, I didn’t think we’d sell this many tickets before the end of June - in fact, I would have doubted that we’d have sold 13,000 come the closure of the transfer window.
    It's not going to be many more and therein lies the rub

Great that the fans who are season ticket holders have shelled out so early to help the the club

But it's given us a false sense of our support

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How many potential City season ticket buyers actually wait to see who we sign before committing? It can’t be many in our current recruitment situation, certainly not in the thousands, be surprised if it’s in the high hundreds. Surely nigh on everyone who’s going to buy has bought
    Agree with this. The club might get it to 14,000 give or take but the only way I see us eclipsing 15,000 is if they were to announce a big name signing, such as Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Agree with this. The club might get it to 14,000 give or take but the only way I see us eclipsing 15,000 is if they were to announce a big name signing, such as Ramsey.
    Totally agree

Swansea have sold 11000

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Totally agree

Swansea have sold 11000
    Proportionally that is better than ours in a few aspects. That being said they are nowhere near as much of a circus on or off the pitch as we are and 4 derby wins in a row keeps fans on side, easy to see why they sell relatively well.

It's not going to be many more and therein lies the rub

Great that the fans who are season ticket holders have shelled out so early to help the the club

But it's given us a false sense of our support
    How? It’s there or thereabouts the same as last season.

It’s higher than many people predicted and much higher than you predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

I predicted that if we were relegated we would see a huge drop in support

I am not changing my view

The much welcomed rush for season tickets has got people talking about what could happen if CCFC got its act together

That's a different discussion I think

The fact remains we have 1500 less season ticket holders than last season

Those that have helped the club after the crap of last year deserve a clap

The thing is if we are to compete at the top end of the championship we probably need 16 or 17 k

The much welcomed rush for season tickets has got people talking about what could happen if CCFC got its act together

The thing is if we are to compete at the top end of the championship we probably need 16 or 17 k
    will we have 1500 less by the start of the season?
    we've already got more than I thought we would. if we get a decent signing or two you never know

We’re just over 6 weeks away from the start of the season. We’ll continue to sell more in that time even if we don’t sign any players. If we do we’ll sell a bit more.

That 1500 extra from last season also includes half ST. We’ll shift a few of those as Christmas presents regardless of where we are in the league.

Luton, Brentford, Bournemouth, Burnley are all in the Premier League without having 16k or 17k ST holders. Under Warnock we got promoted with about 12k ST sold.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That is a good question.

Speaking for myself, I remember many, many years ago when we were in the dungeon, I made the absolute final decision that after years of failing, dire football, I was calling it a day. That was it, never to return.

Then, on the first day of the new season, Brian Clough was being interviewed on football focus, pitchside at the city ground. I saw that pristine grass and thought “eff that, I’m going down the City”.

My point being, that after so much recent rubbish people may be on the verge of giving up on it all, but something simple that sparks the imagination may be enough to convince people to give it another go.

I know it’s probably hard to comprehend but the club usually shift around 1,000 every season between now and the start and that’s when prices have gone back up.

On that basis alone I reckon we could get around 14/15,000 by the start of the season depending on who the BIG signing is.

We’re just over 6 weeks away from the start of the season. We’ll continue to sell more in that time even if we don’t sign any players. If we do we’ll sell a bit more.

That 1500 extra from last season also includes half ST. We’ll shift a few of those as Christmas presents regardless of where we are in the league.

Luton, Brentford, Bournemouth, Burnley are all in the Premier League without having 16k or 17k ST holders. Under Warnock we got promoted with about 12k ST sold.
    Unless we get lucky we need to be getting decent crowds to pay the wages of players

Luton , Brentford etc going up is great but in general its the clubs who spend money either on wages or transfers that get promoted

Such a random heated debate based on nothing until the club confirm lol 12 pages lol

13,430 according to ***** Abraham Site

Makes around 22,000 available for sale.

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/v...p?f=2&t=234155

DML inconspicuous but his absence