+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    The most illogical signing of last summer. We already had Ng and Romeo and we added VDC on a 3 year contract.
    I'm not against giving 20 year olds a chance tbh. Some work some don't. This looking like the latter but it won't have cost us a lot

Watters off to Barnsley today according to Darren Witcoop.

The most illogical signing of last summer. We already had Ng and Romeo and we added VDC on a 3 year contract.
    I guess the logic was that NG was playing regularly as a CB under Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    I'm not against giving 20 year olds a chance tbh. Some work some don't. This looking like the latter but it won't have cost us a lot
    He’s 22. It was mental to give him a 3 year deal. So many of last summer’s signings make no sense.

Some, thankfully, came off. I just find it bizarre that the same bloke that signed VDC signed Giles, Philogene, Doyle, Drameh etc

The most illogical signing was loaning out McGuinness and buying Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    He's so far behind championship it should have been spotted.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He’s 22. It was mental to give him a 3 year deal. So many of last summer’s signings make no sense.

Some, thankfully, came off. I just find it bizarre that the same bloke that signed VDC signed Giles, Philogene, Doyle, Drameh etc
    Some great loans there another three like Phlo, Doyle and Dramah would be nice.

Charlie Savage has joined Reading on a permanent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Charlie Savage has joined Reading on a permanent deal.
    Seems Man U and Reading have agreed a deal and terms being discussed. Wonder if a Championship club take a punt and jump in.

I presume this is a free with a sell on clause as I thought Reading were skint.

Seems Man U and Reading have agreed a deal and terms being discussed. Wonder if a Championship club take a punt and jump in.

When you said... "Wonder if a Championship club take a punt and jump in" I had to read it twice, initially it didn't seem to make sense.
    Then the penny finally dropped, I of course then remembered that Reading are no longer a Championship club!

They had, like us, been in the Championship quite a few years, anyone know how long exactly?

Apparently United would insert a large % sell on clause along with a buy back option if they follow a similar pattern to their other young player transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    When you said... "Wonder if a Championship club take a punt and jump in" I had to read it twice, initially it didn't seem to make sense.
    Then the penny finally dropped, I of course then remembered that Reading are no longer a Championship club!

They had, like us, been in the Championship quite a few years, anyone know how long exactly?
    no, nobody knows, and it is impossible to find out

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

He's 22 now yeah. Bot when we signed him.

With the benefit of hindsight etc etc but signing a (just turned) 21 year old on a three year contract is beyond the norm

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no, nobody knows, and it is impossible to find out
    Well, thanks for your input anyway.

They were in the championship when it first formed in 2004/2005 season except the 3 years they spent in the premiership, so quite a long time

Bobby Thomas the Burnley defender we were linked with has signed for CCFC..... Coventry!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66264153

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I'm thinking Ramsey on a free. Kieffer on loan. And some Turkish creative monster.
    Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Bump.
    hmmm there's a bit of noise on twitter about Kieffer Moore

Henry Saye who is normally “in the know” has tweeted, Moore is down the Vale.

https://twitter.com/henrysaye/status...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg

I’d be surprised if he did sign. Though would be happy if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Henry Saye who is normally “in the know” has tweeted, Moore is down the Vale.

https://twitter.com/henrysaye/status...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg

I’d be surprised if he did sign. Though would be happy if he did.
    He would be ideal.

Someone on Twitter who was right about Ramsey is saying Moore’s at the Vale.

Someone said City would not be signing Moore as they’re looking in different positions, but the bloke who appeared to be in the know on Ramsey tweeted a few minutes ago that he was at our training ground

Moore doesn't suit our style now does he? still would have him on loan though, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Someone on Twitter who was right about Ramsey is saying Moore’s at the Vale.

Someone said City would not be signing Moore as they’re looking in different positions, but the bloke who appeared to be in the know on Ramsey tweeted a few minutes ago that he was at our training ground
    The person who tweeted this has deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Moore doesn't suit our style now does he? still would have him on loan though, for sure.
    As much as I can't see it happening I'd have him back in a heartbeat. He has consistently scored goals at a decent rate everywhere he's played and I'd be pretty confident he'd do well with the attacking options we now have.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    He's a good striker, who can play and puts the ball in the back of the net. He isn't a carthorse, or at least he wasn't when he was here. It is hard to judge anyone for Wales these days