+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Tyler Roberts to Birmingham for £1.5m apparently

Just been trying to work out how these new FA rules on foreign players affect us. Bloody hell, it's complicated. The potential for mistakes seems high. Good job we're the sort of club that doesn't make mistakes...

Anyway, it looks like, in addition to foreign players who have enough points (accrued from appearances the previous season, based on how highly ranked the league they were playing in is), we can sign 2 players who don't have enough points. We can sign a further 2 without enough points if more than 35% of player minutes for us last season involved players qualified to play for England.

I reckon we hit the 35% mark (the definition would include players like McGuiness, who could still play for England even though he's played for Northern Ireland U21s, and Ng, who's dual-qualified but has never played for Singapore).

That would mean we can bring in at least 4 overseas players, or more if they have enough points.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Tyler Roberts to Birmingham for £1.5m apparently
    Seems a bit pricey

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Seems a bit pricey
    really? seems a good price to me

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He signed for Burton from Wolves (he was with their Academy) so I don’t think they’d be due compensation would they?
    I'm not sure; hopefully not. I'd like him to sign because of his 70s footballer name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I'm not sure; hopefully not. I'd like him to sign because of his 70s footballer name.
    70s footballer or stand-up comedian on Opportunity Knocks.

Ramsey odds are very short indeed ,season tickets going well ,educations places being taken up in Cardiff ,something Nice is happening but not for Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    70s footballer or stand-up comedian on Opportunity Knocks.
    Terry Taylor has stopped filming his latest Carry On Film , the scottish , english ,welshman was heard to say ooooooooooooh misses up yer Burton's dont throw me at the mercy of the Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    really? seems a good price to me
    We got Callum Robinson for £250k more, Roberts has never been particularly impressive despite his undoubted talent

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Burton are desperate to keep him, Taylor's exactly the kind of signing we should be making
    I haven't seen enough of him to make that judgement.

We have 5 defensive midfielders and two outstanding young u21 defensive midfielders. We desperately need at least one high quality defensive midfielder, not another run of the mill defensive midfielder; we have a surfeit of them already..

I hope Taylor is the former. I'm all for us signing high quality 22 year old welshmen in positions that we are weak

Newport's Cameron Norman, who we were linked with, has signed for Mk Don's.

Tyler Roberts signed for Birmingham - 4 year contract!

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/blues-sign-tyler-roberts

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Tyler Roberts signed for Birmingham - 4 year contract!

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/blues-sign-tyler-roberts

Cows arse, shovel, comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Cows arse, shovel, comes to mind
    Barn door, banjo etc

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Just been trying to work out how these new FA rules on foreign players affect us. Bloody hell, it's complicated. The potential for mistakes seems high. Good job we're the sort of club that doesn't make mistakes...

Anyway, it looks like, in addition to foreign players who have enough points (accrued from appearances the previous season, based on how highly ranked the league they were playing in is), we can sign 2 players who don't have enough points. We can sign a further 2 without enough points if more than 35% of player minutes for us last season involved players qualified to play for England.

I reckon we hit the 35% mark (the definition would include players like McGuiness, who could still play for England even though he's played for Northern Ireland U21s, and Ng, who's dual-qualified but has never played for Singapore).

That would mean we can bring in at least 4 overseas players, or more if they have enough points.
    I was doing a similar exercise last night... I'm not sure if we even come under the FA requirements here being part of the Welsh FA? It would be strange for a Welsh club to have to have a certain % of English qualified players for any reason.

Regardless, it does seem like as long as they are frees our new manager can bring in at least 2 and up to 4 players from abroad who don't meet the criteria, which might be our best chance of getting somebody in as you assume anybody who meets the criteria for a top 50 national team or is playing regularly in one of the big 4 leagues probably isn't coming here on a free in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I was doing a similar exercise last night... I'm not sure if we even come under the FA requirements here being part of the Welsh FA? It would be strange for a Welsh club to have to have a certain % of English qualified players for any reason.
    I wondered the same. It's an odd position we're in really.

Well one free weve missed out on Ikay Gundogan has joined Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Well one free weve missed out on Ikay Gundogan has joined Barca.
    Dalman revising his season ticket sales estimate down to 17k

We had already made nine signings at roughly this point last year. Could do with a couple to get people excited about the new season. Saw the squad described as 'bloated' by walesonline, surely not?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    We had already made nine signings at roughly this point last year. Could do with a couple to get people excited about the new season. Saw the squad described as 'bloated' by walesonline, surely not?
    If in doubt, the club should do the exact opposite to last season

I’d suggest we should at least put in some effort to sign a striker this time

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I’d suggest we should at least put in some effort to sign a striker this time
    I expect we did last time, but it isn't easy for a number of reasons:
    Strikers are a prime commodity, especially ones that can operate at this level or higher, so there are relatively few of them available, of the ones that are available even less of those will be available for no fee.
    and out of those we aren't the only club who will be interested, there are plenty of other clubs who might be able to offer more money, or have a more realistic chance of promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Id say its bloated as theres loads of players who need to be moved on.

Some told me that all the plans in place to try for this player or that player have been torn up as the new Gaffer wants his own choices.

Wen Rambo?