+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hope it’s not too much of a clear out, they’ll be asking us to dust our boots off. How are we going to replace any players that we bin? Lamouchi, or whoever’s boss, will have some job wheeling & dealing in our circumstances and, as been mentioned, what’s the situation with bringing in EU nationals given the our wonderful country’s ridiculous Brexit?
    So if we go down its James fault?

We can still pay decent wages, particularly if Tan loosens the purse strings as we cant pay fees. Decent loans may be more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    So if we go down its James fault?
    According to Stewart Lee there are only two types of people who voted for Brexit, racists & c*nts. Take your pick

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We can still pay decent wages, particularly if Tan loosens the purse strings as we cant pay fees.
    True but I can't see any purse string loosening as I believe Tan is possibly forking out over £1m a month just to keep the club afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    True but I can't see any purse string loosening as I believe Tan is possibly forking out over £1m a month just to keep the club afloat.
    Worrying, as on the those figures the club just isn’t viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We can still pay decent wages, particularly if Tan loosens the purse strings as we cant pay fees. Decent loans may be more difficult.
    If we need to be sustainable and not breach any rules, we'll be paying an average of 4k a week

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We're pretty stocked at left back, there are other areas that need attention before we consider left backs
    like another CF

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Portsmouth keen on signing Cardiff winger Gavin Whyte. Pompey boss John Mousinho hopes relationship with old teammate can lure him to Fratton Park. Northern Irishman eyed by other League One clubs including ex-club Oxford United #Pompey #portsmouth #OUFC #Oxford #cardiffciity
    He's perfect for a League One side. Will do numbers down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    He's perfect for a League One side. Will do numbers down there.
    By "numbers" I mean appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we won't be clearing out as many as possible
    I think the point is that we could do, but it would cost us a lot in paying up people's contracts (pretty sure the embargo lets us do that), but that strikes me as self defeating. Regarding Joe Bryan, I'd say our chances of signing him are slim to nil and I wouldn't bother with him anyway when we've got Collins to come back - getting a replacement for Kipre is the priority for me when it comes to defensive areas. We've got the makings of a decent Championship standard midfield, but our versions of box to box players carry little or no goal threat.

We clearly need a striker and I'd want to see O'Dowda being used more as winger, but, even then, we'd still need another winger because, without Philogene, I don't see anyone who is of the standard required in that position. Two other things I'd be prioritising through the summer is trying to get contracts sorted out with some members of the squad whose deals run out next year and making more use of players such as Colwill, Davies, Bagan (if he stays) and Denham- all of whom have a fair amount of Championship experience where they could hardly be termed disasters.

O Dowda is obviously one of our better players.

Problem is hes injury prone. Had issues at Bristol City and missed games with us.

I cant see us getting a decent full season appearances wise out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    McGuinness, Ng, Simpson, Denham with possibly Benjamin also as backup not to mention Collins. Could play 3 or 2.

RWB? As you say, Romeo, Ng. Maybe at a pinch Semenyo.

LB is Collins and then take one of our best attackers out of the equation.

I prefer to get my best players on the pitch, I'd have Ng-McGuinness-Collins at the back with Romeo and O'Dowda as wingbacks, O'Dowda focusing more on getting forward, so at times Romeo slots back and Collins across to the LB role to cover.

I'd say midfield and attack is a higher priority due to our lack of goals.
    I'd be very surprised if Lamouchi considers Denham & Benjamin, if were going to stick with a back 3 we're going to need at least 4 first team centre backs.

The issue with right back is that the backup option (Ng) is our first choice centre back, that needs addressing. Again, be surprised if Semenyo is considered. If your argument is founded on taking players out of the equation then an injury to Romeo takes our best centre back out and lessens our ability to go with a back 3 as Ng isn't a particularly good wing back.

I don't know about Collins at left centre back, it may well work, but from what I remember his main attributes were his strength going forward, not defending. We could end up leaving McGuinness massively exposed with Ng & Collins pushing on

I think midfield and attack are higher priorities as well, but for me left back is miles down the list, including defenders.

Let the fun begin, from Glen Williams on Twitter:

"Cardiff are in again for Joe Bryan (along with a number of other Champ clubs) h/t @piercy360

He is someone who’s been on Cardiff’s radar in every window recently and is certainly on a list of LBs they like.

Need to sort the manager out before anything can be done, though.
    "
    Think Nice will sign him permanently. Big salaries there.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    "Shopping" isn't the right word... we're not allowed to spend money.
    Is there a football equivalent of a food bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Queuing at the food bank?
    Sorry, I should read the whole thread before making the same comment!

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Permit system as for non-EU players afaik.
    Isn’t there a rule that foreign players have to be Internationals with a defined number of caps to qualify for a visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sorry, I should read the whole thread before making the same comment!
    😁

Ashley Barnes anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If he employed decent football people to sign players with a clear plan we would be cost efficient like the jacks are…..he doesn’t so we lose money.

Ashley Barnes anyone?
    Not for me, too old - I reckon he'll end up at a better team than us anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think the point is that we could do, but it would cost us a lot in paying up people's contracts (pretty sure the embargo lets us do that), but that strikes me as self defeating. Regarding Joe Bryan, I'd say our chances of signing him are slim to nil and I wouldn't bother with him anyway when we've got Collins to come back - getting a replacement for Kipre is the priority for me when it comes to defensive areas. We've got the makings of a decent Championship standard midfield, but our versions of box to box players carry little or no goal threat.

We clearly need a striker and I'd want to see O'Dowda being used more as winger, but, even then, we'd still need another winger because, without Philogene, I don't see anyone who is of the standard required in that position. Two other things I'd be prioritising through the summer is trying to get contracts sorted out with some members of the squad whose deals run out next year and making more use of players such as Colwill, Davies, Bagan (if he stays) and Denham- all of whom have a fair amount of Championship experience where they could hardly be termed disasters.
    Happens every year on the ‘keep sell loan’ polls that come out and the majority rule that we should only keep enough players for a 5 a side team.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Isn’t there a rule that foreign players have to be Internationals with a defined number of caps to qualify for a visa?
    I believe that’s been looked at too isn’t it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Happens every year on the ‘keep sell loan’ polls that come out and the majority rule that we should only keep enough players for a 5 a side team.
    In fairness, given the players we've had since we came down, I can't say I argue with the poll results

Not a rumour but I see Regan Poole has rejected a contract offer and will be leaving Lincoln this summer. Been very impressive in League 1 by all accounts and the Lincoln fans are pretty sure he's Championship bound

Could be a nice option for us at the back, very versatile across a back 5 and provide backup/cover for Ng & Romeo

Morgan Fox and Jagielka released by Stoke