+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Sawyers is free to leave, and Campbell has politely been told to f*ck off: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wyers-27586307
    More evidence of City’s desire to move some out to get some in - there were a few loan moves last week before the two signings were announced.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s unlikely that he would go out on loan , as he is in the last year of his contract.( Unless he has signed a new deal) , City would want a fee for him.
    If City want to keep him, they’ll do the same as they did for Bagan - give him a new contract before loaning him out, trouble is, would he sign it given the way the last eighteen months have gone for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Would he be getting so much love if he wasn’t Welsh?
    He certainly wouldn't if he'd never been called up to the Wales squad, which if anything, just highlighted at the time and more so now how bereft of quality the national team is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If City want to keep him, they’ll do the same as they did for Bagan - give him a new contract before loaning him out, trouble is, would he sign it given the way the last eighteen months have gone for him?
    Probably not unless he’s only getting interest from L1 teams , which would be a step in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    He certainly wouldn't if he'd never been called up to the Wales squad, which if anything, just highlighted at the time and more so now how bereft of quality the national team is.
    Nonsense. That Wales squad was a good one that qualified for the Euros and formed the bedrock of the World Cup qualifying squad

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    wasn't he joint top scorer the season before last?

yes, with a whopping 5 goals.

I'm not saying he isn't a good prospect but I wouldn't play him ahead of anyone at the moment and it's doing him no good warming the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes
    I’m not so sure.

Would love us to have another local lad do well for us but not sure it’s gonna happen in this case.

He obviously has talent in that final third but his game lacks the energy and pressing a lot of managers want. If you can’t do that part of the game then you need to be really really good, good enough to build a team around.

Personally I think a loan would have been ideal if we could have got him on another 2 years contract.

Luthra to Slough confirmed. Until January https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ns-slough-town

Sawyers is free to leave, and Campbell has politely been told to f*ck off: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wyers-27586307
    VDC is one of the worst signings we've ever made. A 3 year deal, and he must be on decent money as he's turning down moves left, right and centre. He turned down loans in January too. A very weird situation.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think it’s a case of moving players out before we can bring them in now with City, Bulut may be saying now that Colwill’s not going anywhere, but, if it gets to deadline day and we need someone out to get the striker/centreback we want in, we’ll be happy to send Colwill out on loan.
    Ramsey is going to get injured. At the very least, he won't play Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday. That's why Colwill is going to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    VDC is one of the worst signings we've ever made. A 3 year deal, and he must be on decent money as he's turning down moves left, right and centre. He turned down loans in January too. A very weird situation.
    Sent off on his debut and so crap in his only league appearance that he was never heard from again

There's clearly some talent there, he was at Arsenal and Leicester and has England youth caps, but Christ what a shit signing

Sent off on his debut and so crap in his only league appearance that he was never heard from again

There's clearly some talent there, he was at Arsenal and Leicester and has England youth caps, but Christ what a shit signing
    Weird, aint it. Just goes to show that being young and talented doesn't mean shit in terms of future development. Ojo a case in question. It's strange, and i think that it's a lack of intelligence, some players just seem to stop developing, can't change the way that they play, and think that the things that brought them success as a young player will carry them through. When it doesn't, they look so very lost (ojo) and have no way of adapting their game (ojo) Is it coaching, can intelligence and awareness be coached?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Weird, aint it. Just goes to show that being young and talented doesn't mean shit in terms of future development. Ojo a case in question. It's strange, and i think that it's a lack of intelligence, some players just seem to stop developing, can't change the way that they play, and think that the things that brought them success as a young player will carry them through. When it doesn't, they look so very lost (ojo) and have no way of adapting their game (ojo) Is it coaching, can intelligence and awareness be coached?
    Wonder if some people just develop really early, especially physically and it carries them through?

With Daley-Campbell, attitude and his agent surely comes into it too. He either knows he is absolutely crap, or he's too daft to realise it is counter productive to waste 3 years of his career as he won't get a league club in 2 years if he doesn't play at all. I don't understand why he wouldn't want a loan and as I've said he must be on good money. He couldn't get in the Dundee side before he joined...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wonder if some people just develop really early, especially physically and it carries them through?

With Daley-Campbell, attitude and his agent surely comes into it too. He either knows he is absolutely crap, or he's too daft to realise it is counter productive to waste 3 years of his career as he won't get a league club in 2 years if he doesn't play at all. I don't understand why he wouldn't want a loan and as I've said he must be on good money. He couldn't get in the Dundee side before he joined...
    It's my concern with Colwill. You said it with your first sentence. Colwill was a big strong lad with ability, he could compete at an early age. I know that he's had his injuries, but you've got to look for that progress, that bit of maturity on the ball etc, that comes with development. He may well go on to be a really good player, but he needs to get a shift on. I think that this season is massive for him.

It's my concern with Colwill. You said it with your first sentence. Colwill was a big strong lad with ability, he could compete at an early age. I know that he's had his injuries, but you've got to look for that progress, that bit of maturity on the ball etc, that comes with development. He may well go on to be a really good player, but he needs to get a shift on. I think that this season is massive for him.
    Agreed, this season is absolutely massive for Colwill. He really has to kick on. Fingers crossed!

I'm not sure that's the case with Colwill, if anything his size was a problem according to Bellamy as he grew quickly at a late age: "He was running games at 11 and 12, then he got to about 16 and it was a struggle for him. He grew so much that his body wasn’t able to do what his brain wanted to do. He was gangly and his coordination went" https://roathboy.com/vftn-x-craig-be...the-graduates/

He really does need to kick on soon, hopefully this is the season. There's plenty of buzz around Tanner as our "brightest young talent" but he's only about a week younger than Colwill who has 50 league games and some international caps under his belt! I think some forget that Colwill is still just 21

It is a make or break season.

He has lost one or more seasons through injuries and growth-spurt-itis but now he needs to perform. He keeps showing glimpses of what he should be capable of - but it has to be done week in week out - even if that is cup games and sub appearances to start with. I am fairly confident that with Bulut, Ramsey and the Wales set-up Colwill will break into the first team as a starter this season.

If he doesn't that will be the end of the story with us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Colwill leaving would be inevitable. Bulut's not going to play him. He hasn't even made the bench for the two away games.
    One of my lads was there, he said Colwill was struggling in the warm up, hence why he wasn’t named in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    One of my lads was there, he said Colwill was struggling in the warm up, hence why he wasn’t named in the squad
    He was never in the squad I don't believe. He had his own fitness session in front of the away fans before the game though, & was def blowing by the end of it

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    He was never in the squad I don't believe. He had his own fitness session in front of the away fans before the game though, & was def blowing by the end of it
    👍

Twitter links with us & Anastasios Bakasetas.
    Seems unlikely.
    https://twitter.com/FutsHaberr/statu...26178405695845

Sawyers on his way ?

It's a shame he doesn't seem to interested half the time

Very good player on his day

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sawyers on his way ?

It's a shame he doesn't seem to interested half the time

Very good player on his day
    I’m sure there’s a team that plays a particular style or system that he can shine in
    I doubt it’s a Championship team though
    Sawyers was one of the biggest disappointments from last season, weather it’s a lack of motivation or his legs have gone who knows.

He can probably still earn a living playing somewhere, and it would be in his best interest to get a move to keep playing.

It will only be a matter of time before he has to hang his boots up, so better to be playing for the next couple of years than sat around, only to find it’s too late.

It’s a short career compared to normal jobs, he’s probably well set up financially, so won’t want to have regrets about wasting the last few years of his career sat on his arse if he’s got any sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I’m sure there’s a team that plays a particular style or system that he can shine in
    I doubt it’s a Championship team though
    Sawyers was one of the biggest disappointments from last season, weather it’s a lack of motivation or his legs have gone who knows.

He can probably still earn a living playing somewhere, and it would be in his best interest to get a move to keep playing.

It will only be a matter of time before he has to hang his boots up, so better to be playing for the next couple of years than sat around, only to find it’s too late.

It’s a short career compared to normal jobs, he’s probably well set up financially, so won’t want to have regrets about wasting the last few years of his career sat on his arse if he’s got any sense!!
    Doubt it'll be in the EFL with that work rate. A move overseas I reckon.