+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi - what did he ever do for us ?

Lamouchi - what did he ever do for us ?

...apart from securing Championship safety. Actually, did we survive because of Lamouchi, or despite Lamouchi ? We're no better than we have been throughout the season. We don't look as if we play any different. We can't even take a decent corner. Results ? We've average 1.17 points per game under his management - 1.22 under Morison.

If he stays, he may improve the team with good loan signings and free transfers, but I'm not sure what the desperation is to keep him for another season. I would prefer Nathan Jones - if he would come.

Re: Lamouchi - what did he ever do for us ?

He didn’t use that ridiculous new type of ‘football manager speak’ that Morison & Hudson used in interviews

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ...apart from securing Championship safety. Actually, did we survive because of Lamouchi, or despite Lamouchi ? We're no better than we have been throughout the season. We don't look as if we play any different. We can't even take a decent corner. Results ? We've average 1.17 points per game under his management - 1.22 under Morison.

If he stays, he may improve the team with good loan signings and free transfers, but I'm not sure what the desperation is to keep him for another season. I would prefer Nathan Jones - if he would come.
    You can’t polish a turd. Lamouchi got the best out of this squad I think. Remember these aren’t his players. I think we’ll improve under him next season probably still be lower table but not in relegation scrap as much as this season

Did we average 1.22 points per game under Morison? Didn't he get 11 points from 10 games, so around about about 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    You can’t polish a turd. Lamouchi got the best out of this squad I think. Remember these aren’t his players. I think we’ll improve under him next season probably still be lower table but not in relegation scrap as much as this season
    But he didn't get the best out of them. Morison got more.

He's certainly got enough results to get us over the line

We were definitely heading for relegation under Hudson even though Hudson was doing his best as a young manager

Whilst there were times when it looked like were were going the same way I think lamouchi needs to be given the job as this club needs stability

He knows the players and hopefully will be able to see what's needed to keep us up

We have to stay in this division by any means necessary

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    No he didn't. We had a fortunate win on the opening day and a freak first half at Boro after he started to panic and change shape, which he almost managed to chuck away in the second half. Despite that we were still heading downwards, we'd have been in the same situation had he stayed on until January and was sacked when Hudson was, maybe even worse

Morison was not a good manager, there's a reason no club's gone anywhere near him

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Morison had lost the plot

Lamouchi or a similar type of manager should have been appointed immediately

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Did we average 1.22 points per game under Morison? Didn't he get 11 points from 10 games, so around about about 1.1.
    Think he probably meant last season as well. I tend to agree with the OP about the desperation to sign him up - would Morison and Hudson won those three recent away games for us? Possibly, but I don’t think we’d have scored eight goals in doing it. Lamouchi has improved our goalscoring and he did well to get us averaging more than a goal a game given our previous scoring rate. However, after a good start with a bold approach that helped beat Reading and the wurzels, I’d say recent home performances have, if anything, been worse than earlier in the season under our other two managers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think he probably meant last season as well. I tend to agree with the OP about the desperation to sign him up - would Morison and Hudson won those three recent away games for us? Possibly, but I don’t think we’d have scored eight goals in doing it. Lamouchi has improved our goalscoring and he did well to get us averaging more than a goal a game given our previous scoring rate. However, after a good start with a bold approach that helped beat Reading and the wurzels, I’d say recent home performances have, if anything, been worse than earlier in the season under our other two managers.
    He was employed to keep us up

He did it with 3 games to spare

The other two may have but we will never go

In the absence of Eddie howe and a transfer budget I think we go with sabri

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He was employed to keep us up

He did it with 3 games to spare

The other two may have but we will never go

In the absence of Eddie howe and a transfer budget I think we go with sabri
    They'd have both taken us down for sure, with five games to go, they were useless, they weren't even Managers.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They'd have both taken us down for sure, with five games to go, they were useless, they weren't even Managers.
    I agree with you

Lamouchi wasn't exactly a messiah but he did enough in the end

Now he deserves a chance

I agree with you

Lamouchi wasn't exactly a messiah but he did enough in the end

Now he deserves a chance
    A choice between Lamouchi and Nathan Jones - you choose.

International

He had us at the end of the season, the teams with the weakest squads always struggle at the end of the season, having Robinson suspended and injured for most of his tenure didn't help, along with the other best players missing games through injury.

Morison had the full squad available and quite a good first eleven at the start, although lost Collins quickly, and Hudson had more players and Robinson available.

Let's see what he can do in the limited transfer market he gets, there has been talk of him using contacts with European clubs, but let's see if that is just all talk.

Lamouchi

Nathan Jones cracked at Southampton

This may not be a big Premier league job but the pressure put on Cardiff managers from the fans and the media is way above what it should be

I don’t think there’s any doubt we’d be down with Morison or Hudson

Exactly. You'd hope for a semblance of change - perhaps something as simple as cutting out basic errors and being able to put in a basic corner -things that even the weakest of squads could be taught on the training ground. I'm not saying that Lamouchi staying won't work, just that I haven't seen any evidence from watching the team play that it's likely to.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I don’t think there’s any doubt we’d be down with Morison or Hudson
    Titanic

I'm not saying that Lamouchi staying won't work, just that I haven't seen any evidence from watching the team play that it's likely to.
    I concur.

With the squad as it is I don't think there's a lot between Morrison and Lamouchi. We scored less with Morrison but we didn't have Kaba.

The club shouldn't be held to ransom by Lamouchi but I wouldn't be against him getting a chance to show what he can do without us immediately being in relegation trouble. Some consistency at least.

Needs to massively improve performances though, he was in charge for his share of dire performances, particularly at home.

People saying you can't polish a turd, well he's going to have to try, some managers certainly do get more from their players.

The body language on the pitch was terrible under the last couple of matches with Hudson. He took a busted flush and got a tune out of them. Would Nathan Jones be able to take the flak from fans when he hasn't delivered a top of the league side in 5mins.

Morison had lost the plot

Lamouchi or a similar type of manager should have been appointed immediately
    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No he didn't. We had a fortunate win on the opening day and a freak first half at Boro after he started to panic and change shape, which he almost managed to chuck away in the second half. Despite that we were still heading downwards, we'd have been in the same situation had he stayed on until January and was sacked when Hudson was, maybe even worse

Morison was not a good manager, there's a reason no club's gone anywhere near him
    I prefer Lamouchi to Morison. I based what I said on
    We've average 1.17 points per game under his management - 1.22 under Morison
    On the face of it that indicates that Morison was better

Lamouchi

Nathan Jones cracked at Southampton

This may not be a big Premier league job but the pressure put on Cardiff managers from the fans and the media is way above what it should be
    Is it like that anymore? Fans have been quite sedate in comparison to years gone by and journalists seem wary of losing access to the club and are often quite forgiving. One who writes for the Echo posted on twitter yesterday his thoughts about last summer's recruitment and gave it 8/10. This is hardly the Italian press these days.

Graham Potter, he’s also redundant and looks like Brenda will pip him for the Southampton job.

We may have just stayed up due to points deduction. I think Lamouchi realised it was a tall order when he saw the lack of ability in the squad so in one way it was an achievement. There much I’m still concerned with but am willing to see how he goes next year with ‘his team’.