+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coronation Cobblers And Nonsense

Coronation Cobblers And Nonsense

A woman outside the Palace has made two life-size dolls of Charles and Camilla

Two people who met at the wedding of Charles and Di get together at every royal occasion and dress up in hats with hundreds of royal family badges on them

The French had the right idea

Re: Coronation Cobblers And Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A woman outside the Palace has made two life-size dolls of Charles and Camilla

Two people who met at the wedding of Charles and Di get together at every royal occasion and dress up in hats with hundreds of royal family badges on them

The French had the right idea
    I agree with you. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll be glued to BBC News all weekend.

Thank feck I’m here. Zero news or coverage

I have the opinion, Are they doing you any harm ? ? No, so leave them to wave the union flag and smile like goons, its not doing anyone any harm, so leave them to enjoy it

Personally, Im avoiding our Village party ( as the people who are organising it wanted 25 quid each for the BBQ ) so I'll be giving it a miss

The hypocrisy of Monday's volunteering/Community day is starting to grate.
    We're supposed to spend Saturday watching £millions spent on the crowning of a monarch, then a couple of days later do some charity work for those who aren't so fortunate.
    The irony isn't lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have the opinion, Are they doing you any harm ? ? No, so leave them to wave the union flag and smile like goons, its not doing anyone any harm, so leave them to enjoy it

Personally, Im avoiding our Village party ( as the people who are organising it wanted 25 quid each for the BBQ ) so I'll be giving it a miss
    Yes they are doing harm

They are perpetuating the royal family nonsense

Lunchtime news on BBC Wales - main story was about Welsh people queuing to watch the coronation. How the hell that's the most important news story of the day is beyond me.

It's easy enough to ignore these days.

I rarely watch much of our propaganda, plenty of alternative stuff to watch.

I almost forgot about it until recently when the rota in work had the additional bank holiday which is great, thanks Charles.

Of course posters and adverts outside lots of businesses are unavoidable.

Let people get on with it it makes them happy. They probably look at people getting upset over the football as weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Lunchtime news on BBC Wales - main story was about Welsh people queuing to watch the coronation. How the hell that's the most important news story of the day is beyond me.
    It's always the same with BBC Wales.
    They'll always find someone's second cousin's granny who might have known someone who did something trivial on the other side of the Severn.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

who is paying for it ? (genuine question)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    who is paying for it ? (genuine question)
    Nevermind. it's you lot the tax payers...so it is hurting someone.

Nevermind. it's you lot the tax payers...so it is hurting someone.
    Does the increased spending by tourists bring in more money or less as a consequence?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    C'mon Eric don't be so naive. Whether you like it or not, a Coronation is a massively historic event for the UK. As Trump would say "It's Yuge"

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Does the increased spending by tourists bring in more money or less as a consequence?
    Does the already rich as feck king need to bleed the people in order to boost tourism?

Street party on Monday

But it's going to be pissing down

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Street party on Monday

But it's going to be pissing down

Oh dear

Does the already rich as feck king need to bleed the people in order to boost tourism?
    You sound positively jealous.

Just live your own life and don't worry about false indignation.

You two sound like the old gits from the Harry Enfield programme.

Just glanced at tomorrow's TV
    Over 7 hours on BBC1 AND BBC2 (probably exactly the same pics and commentary)
    Ditto for ITV, but on the plus side, they won't have Weasel Witchel.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Just glanced at tomorrow's TV
    Over 7 hours on BBC1 AND BBC2 (probably exactly the same pics and commentary)
    Ditto for ITV, but on the plus side, they won't have Weasel Witchel.
    It's a huge historical event and I will watch a good chunk of it. But it is preposterous that it is on both BBC1 and BBC2

All premier league games playing god save the king. Including Liverpool....... wonder how that will go down?! Plenty of boos around the stadium I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    C'mon Eric don't be so naive. Whether you like it or not, a Coronation is a massively historic event for the UK. As Trump would say "It's Yuge"
    I'm not saying the coronation isn't a massive event in the UK. Of course it is. I would expect the coronation to be the main subject in the news, that's not a problem. But of all things about the coronation, the biggest news story is about those queuing up to get in? Really?

It really does show what little progression there is in the UK when there are people defending the blue bloods
    The worst of societies because they murdered the most and became the most feared...and now you're happy to spunk 100 million on them because of tourism .What a joke.

It really does show what little progression there is in the UK when there are people defending the blue bloods
    The worst of societies because they murdered the most and became the most feared...and now you're happy to spunk 100 million on them because of tourism .What a joke.
    What it shows is that a sizeable percentage of the population value and cherish the country's history and traditions. The monarchy, whether you like them or not, is very much part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What it shows is that a sizeable percentage of the population value and cherish the country's history and traditions. The monarchy, whether you like them or not, is very much part of that.
    So colonization, subjugation of others, erasing their culture, theft of their property, and genocide is all OK, because it's "traditional".