+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coronation Cobblers And Nonsense

Re: Coronation Cobblers And Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So colonization, subjugation of others, erasing their culture, theft of their property, and genocide is all OK, because it's "traditional".
    I caught a bit of BBC yesterday and someone said the whole world is watching. However, it's not exactly the talk of the village here in the snowy environs of the Kyrgystani mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's a huge historical event and I will watch a good chunk of it. But it is preposterous that it is on both BBC1 and BBC2
    The propaganda on bbc towards royals puts North Korea to shame the younger generation are realising to get rid not just the royals but all the hangers on as well
    France had the right idea fair play

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Just glanced at tomorrow's TV
    Over 7 hours on BBC1 AND BBC2 (probably exactly the same pics and commentary)
    Ditto for ITV, but on the plus side, they won't have Weasel Witchel.
    Operation Yewtree has finally caught up with him?

Heard it said that it’s a ‘once in a generation occasion’, I’d imagine the majority of the population will witness at least another one in their lifetime. Isn't Charles in his 70s now? Not interested myself but it gives us all a break from Wrexham this & Wrexham that

When is it? (Serious question) can’t arsed to Google it and I know the responses on here will be more amusing

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    When is it? (Serious question) can’t arsed to Google it and I know the responses on here will be more amusing
    I’m sure the Queen has to die first..........now that’s seriously out of touch with the royal situation

All a bit to churchy and religious for me….I’ll no doubt catch a bit of it as my kids want to see what it’s all about. They really want to watch ‘Dumb and Dumber’ today too apparently so similar type of viewing on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    The propaganda on bbc towards royals puts North Korea to shame the younger generation are realising to get rid not just the royals but all the hangers on as well
    France had the right idea fair play
    Complete nonsense of course.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65456345

Watching it on tv now having my brekkie. I’m by no means a royalist but just having a bit of a nose and interest - if people are enjoying it though celebrating, and waving their flags I’m all for letting them have their fun.
    It’ll be back to doom and gloom in the news next week don’t worry.

So colonization, subjugation of others, erasing their culture, theft of their property, and genocide is all OK, because it's "traditional".
    What has today got to do with any of those things? Absolutely nothing.

It's like saying the inauguration of a new president in the US is showing support for the Vietnam war, for the purchase of native lands, for wars against Mexico or slavery.

Absolutely ridiculous. Some of you guys have a very very distorted view of British history, which is of course a mixture of good and bad, like all countries.

Do you not think any country should have any traditions or respect for history?

Just turned on Radio 4 news for further discussion and analysis of the local election results. I should have known better.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Just turned on Radio 4 news for further discussion and analysis of the local election results. I should have known better.
    Fear not! A full and comprehensive analysis by the real experts is available here, Peter:

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ouncil-results

you're quite happy to live on 'stolen land'

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    you're quite happy to live on 'stolen land'
    Not only that. He refers to New York in his name - named after King James II, granted to him by none other than King Charles II! Funny how things go around.

Really his name should be changed to 'Lenapehoking Blue' in honour of the Lenape people, who were the native people's on what is now New York City.

Based on the logic that watching the coronation means supporting all historical wrongs, we can only assume his choice of name indicates support for the destruction of an entire culture!?

Or we could all just chill out and not make such ridiculous assumptions?!

Nice the Coronation has been timed to take attention away from the Tory drubbing in the local elections east of Offas. Clever move by the government. For anyone caught up in Coronation hysteria, the Tories are currently down 1, 061 seats and have lost control of more than half their councils.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Not only that. He refers to New York in his name - named after King James II, granted to him by none other than King Charles II! Funny how things go around.

Really his name should be changed to 'Lenapehoking Blue' in honour of the Lenape people, who were the native people's on what is now New York City.

Based on the logic that watching the coronation means supporting all historical wrongs, we can only assume his choice of name indicates support for the destruction of an entire culture!?

Or we could all just chill out and not make such ridiculous assumptions?!
    indeed.

trawling over the past while ignoring the real sacrifice and great progress made in modern times seems very much an American pastime, it's insufferable.

Living on a Native American reservation, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Nice the Coronation has been timed to take attention away from the Tory drubbing in the local elections east of Offas. Clever move by the government. For anyone caught up in Coronation hysteria, the Tories are currently down 1, 061 seats and have lost control of more than half their councils.
    Yeah, it was the government choice and not, you know, King Charles....

Delusional.

May lost 1300 council seats, remind us how the following general election went.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Probably too small for him.

Yanks 'interventions' and invasions - it's a long, long list :

https://archive.globalpolicy.org/us-...rventions.html

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    It really does show what little progression there is in the UK when there are people defending the blue bloods
    The worst of societies because they murdered the most and became the most feared...and now you're happy to spunk 100 million on them because of tourism .What a joke.
    America spends over £100 million every 4 years to inaugurate their President. Last coronation was 70 yrs ago. The economic benefit to hospitiality, tourism will dwarf that cost. Can't you just be happy rather than echo the grim. bitter misery that pervades on this board whenever non-football matters arise..

Yeah, it was the government choice and not, you know, King Charles....

Delusional.

May lost 1300 council seats, remind us how the following general election went.
    43% of the UK voted for a complete cuunt.

How did that go for everyone?

🤣

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    America spends over £100 million every 4 years to inaugurate their President. Last coronation was 70 yrs ago. The economic benefit to hospitiality, tourism will dwarf that cost. Can't you just be happy rather than echo the grim. bitter misery that pervades on this board whenever non-football matters arise..
    So there will be a huge net profit for this freak day.?

If so let the loons carry on.

Ann Daly from Cardiff on the news

Dressed up in the Welsh dragon

Holding up a cardboard cut out of Charles , she's been there overnight

These people are clinically insane

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    So there will be a huge net profit for this freak day.?

If so let the loons carry on.
    They are freaks

All those silly tears when lining up to say goodbye to the queen

It's pathetic