+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone On Here Never been Abroad ?

Anyone On Here Never been Abroad ?

A friend of my fathers recently died at the age of 70 and had never left the UK. Anyone else, never been abroad ?

Re: Anyone On Here Never been Abroad ?

I heard but i'm not sure if it's true that Sludge was seen surfing off the coast of Barry island. But does that count as abroad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    A friend of my fathers recently died at the age of 70 and had never left the UK. Anyone else, never been abroad ?
    No, I’ve always been a bloke !!

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Polisher View Post
    Boom boom! ;-)

I believe Sludge hasn't.

My grandmother lived to be 95 and never went abroad. I'm not even sure she ever went to Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I believe Sludge hasn't.
    I have but not for 25 years

I really can't be arsed with travelling abroad these days it's too much faff

I don't do holidays , a 3 day break in West Wales or Devon is fine

Scotland I went a few times but it's a heck of a trek

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have but not for 25 years

I really can't be arsed with travelling abroad these days it's too much faff

I don't do holidays , a 3 day break in West Wales or Devon is fine

Scotland I went a few times but it's a heck of a trek
    My passport expired a few years ago. I haven't got any plans to renew it unless there's a good reason.

I've done a few European city breaks in the past but I find that there's so much to do in such a short period of time, it's more exhausting than being at home.

I'm not a sun seeker and my idea of hell would be to spend a week in some sun drenched place lying in the sun all day. I got sunburned in Norway.

My dad lives in Scotland so every year or so I go up there with my boy and have a few days travelling around. Otherwise we tend to go to holiday parks or find a cheap Premier Inn in a random city for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I believe Sludge hasn't.
    He was guest of honour at the German Doggers' Association annual festival between 1994 and 1997. His knowledge of the Bavarian dogging forests has never been matched.

Slight left turn here.
    Worked in London in the late 80s and we had a kid off a South London estate on work experience with us, I think he was 17 or 18 - YTS thing maybe. After one bank holiday we were all discussing where we'd been and I said that I'd been to Brighton for the day. I asked him if he'd been there and he told me he didn't know where it was. I explained that it was down by the sea, to which he replied that he'd never seen the sea.
    The things you take for granted

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Polisher View Post
    are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    My passport expired a few years ago. I haven't got any plans to renew it unless there's a good reason.

I've done a few European city breaks in the past but I find that there's so much to do in such a short period of time, it's more exhausting than being at home.

I'm not a sun seeker and my idea of hell would be to spend a week in some sun drenched place lying in the sun all day. I got sunburned in Norway.

My dad lives in Scotland so every year or so I go up there with my boy and have a few days travelling around. Otherwise we tend to go to holiday parks or find a cheap Premier Inn in a random city for a few days.
    I did the usual benidorm , majorca , Greek Islands thing but those sort of things don't interest me now

And the faff and arsing about involved to get over there means I just can't be bothered

2 hours and I can be in Tenby , chilling

Fish and Chips by the sea is fine

Even in the summer the weather's never certain but that's the way it is

He was guest of honour at the German Doggers' Association annual festival between 1994 and 1997. His knowledge of the Bavarian dogging forests has never been matched.
    You can't beat a hot dog

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Slight left turn here.
    Worked in London in the late 80s and we had a kid off a South London estate on work experience with us, I think he was 17 or 18 - YTS thing maybe. After one bank holiday we were all discussing where we'd been and I said that I'd been to Brighton for the day. I asked him if he'd been there and he told me he didn't know where it was. I explained that it was down by the sea, to which he replied that he'd never seen the sea.
    The things you take for granted
    Some people still go to porthcawl on holiday

I can understand why as it's so close and when the sun is up its nice

I did the usual benidorm , majorca , Greek Islands thing but those sort of things don't interest me now

And the faff and arsing about involved to get over there means I just can't be bothered

Went to Trecco last summer. Never thought of Porrrrthcawl as a holiday venue when I lived near there for nearly 30 years but it was great. A bit of local knowledge came in handy for places to eat, different places to visit, but my boy loved it there.

Spent loads of days down Porthcawl when I was a kid. Still go down there often, great place. Always try to work in a stop in the Prince on the way home.

This thread is like the anti Christ for me. Travel & explore. 4 new countries planned for June, another in August. No beaches or lying in the sun.

Like NYC Blue said, my Nan lived to 98 and never ventured abroad. My Pa went on a tour of North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Austria & Germany in the 1940s that was the only time he went abroad.

So you are not pining for the fjords then Eric?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    So you are not pining for the fjords then Eric?
    the Fjords not his main Focus

🚗💨💨💨💨💨💨💨

I haven't been on a plane for nearly 18 years but have been abroad via ferry in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This thread is like the anti Christ for me. Travel & explore. 4 new countries planned for June, another in August. No beaches or lying in the sun.

Like NYC Blue said, my Nan lived to 98 and never ventured abroad. My Pa went on a tour of North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Austria & Germany in the 1940s that was the only time he went abroad.
    I agree….see the world. Glad I did a lot in my 20’s and 30’s as it’s not quite so free and easy nowadays….thought of just being stuck in the uk forever is akin to prison!

I like routine

Ten days in crete throws me completely

I envy you.

I'm fed up with the heat and humidity here, the crowds too. I'd love to be somewhere like Tenby right now.

er indoors mother lived until 80 odd, she never went abroad but did venture on the odd occasion from England over Offa's dyke to sunny Wales for a sharabang holiday or two, her father lived until his 80's only ever went abroad to land on the beaches of Normandy with a rifle in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    er indoors mother lived until 80 odd, she never went abroad but did venture on the odd occasion from England over Offa's dyke to sunny Wales for a sharabang holiday or two, her father lived until his 80's only ever went abroad to land on the beaches of Normandy with a rifle in hand.
    I am not interested in foreign travel

Even Cornwall is a long hike