+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newcastle interest in KV Kortrijk

Newcastle interest in KV Kortrijk

Sunday Daily Start are reporting, "Newcastle United's owners are set to kick off their multi-club model this summer by purchasing Belgian club KV Kortrijk, who are currently owned by Cardiff City chief Vincent Tan."

Could this be good news for us?

Re: Newcastle interest in KV Kortrijk

Can't be bad news I doubt..

I've never fully understood the multi club ownership rules mind

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Can't be bad news I doubt..

I've never fully understood the multi club ownership rules mind
    In theory, a network of clubs allows you do have guaranteed clubs to loan, develop payers with, usually there's one club at the top of the hierarchy.

Back in EU days, would allow you to subvert the rules by parking non-EU players at a friendly nation to get an EU passport.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    In theory, a network of clubs allows you do have guaranteed clubs to loan, develop payers with, usually there's one club at the top of the hierarchy.

Back in EU days, would allow you to subvert the rules by parking non-EU players at a friendly nation to get an EU passport.
    Yeah but that just isn't fair is it. I'm sure Newcastle were prevented years ago from doing this more formally?

Yeah but that just isn't fair is it. I'm sure Newcastle were prevented years ago from doing this more formally?
    Not fair but is legal. Well, the Eu passport bit isn't a factor for UK clubs now.

look at the farce with the Pozzo family as few years back

The " City football group " own clubs around the world, I guess when money doesnt matter, its all just fun, so I guess the Saudis are getting on the act

it could be useful to hang onto the Belgian club for at least the next season to get around the payment ban

What’s not fair about it? It is what Tan has been doing for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it could be useful to hang onto the Belgian club for at least the next season to get around the payment ban
    The EFL have to agree to our signings, it isn't that straightforward. I bet they'd veto it.