+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just leaving this here for you.....

Just leaving this here for you.....

2022/23

Before Lamouchi/Under Lamouchi

Scored per game - 0.75/1.11
    Conceded per game - 1.11/1.5

2013/14

Before Solskjaer/Under Solskjaer

Scored per game - 0.75/0.94
    Conceded per game - 1.6/2.3

Re: Just leaving this here for you.....

Wasn’t Solskjaer when you were in the PL though Mr Half a bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Wasn’t Solskjaer when you were in the PL though Mr Half a bee?
    Which exaggerates things a little.

I've made up my mind; I don't want him here next season.

Before Lamouchi:

21st in the table, 3 points above the relegation zone.

End of season:

21st in the table, 5 points above the relegation zone, but only because Reading had 6 points deducted after Lamouchi took over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Before Lamouchi:

End of season:

21st in the table, 5 points above the relegation zone, but only because Reading had 6 points deducted after Lamouchi took over.
    I know Lamouchi has had a shit group of players to work with, but there's something about him that makes me think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I know Lamouchi has had a shit group of players to work with, but there's something about him that makes me think twice.
    Yeah I don’t disagree.

Although I do feel pretty confident we were going down under Hudson and any manager coming in after him had a tough job. I think he has done well.

We went on a run of 20 points from 13 games under SL. He is far from perfect as he's our manager but he did a pretty good job when it really mattered. This group of players are dire, as well. A complete dearth of creativity and goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We went on a run of 20 points from 13 games under SL. He is far from perfect as he's our manager but he did a pretty good job when it really mattered. This group of players are dire, as well. A complete dearth of creativity and goals.
    We won 18 points from our first 13 games. Not quite 20, but our first 13 games and Lamouchi's 4th to 16th games are our top two form periods after 13 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Many questions, but he won the games that mattered. Reading, Blackpool, Rotherham. A compressed end of the season with 3 games in a week and Rotherham the middle one.

He kept us up, and with a squad that wasn't his, taking over after no proper management for some months.

I think he is hard to evaluate but if he will stay then who would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Many questions, but he won the games that mattered. Reading, Blackpool, Rotherham. A compressed end of the season with 3 games in a week and Rotherham the middle one.

He kept us up, and with a squad that wasn't his, taking over after no proper management for some months.

At the moment our entire club is such an unknown entity.

We won 18 points from our first 13 games. Not quite 20, but our first 13 games and Lamouchi's 4th to 16th games are our top two form periods after 13 games.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I think we got 20 points from the 13 before (and including) Rotherham.

Etete and Philogene have improved no end. There's a way to win games, even if it is ugly.

I can absolutely see why people don't fancy him but walking away from that Hull defeat in Feb, he's done exactly what a lot of us said he'd have to do to win games of football.

Fair points, I accept there are not going to be queues of outstanding candidates for the manager's job, but Lamouchi doesn't convince me. iI it is him who takes charge for next season, he's got a very tough job and I see little evidence that he'll be up to it I'm afraid.

Would Nathan Jones do a better job next season? He knows the League better.

2022/23

Before Lamouchi/Under Lamouchi

Scored per game - 0.75/1.11
    Conceded per game - 1.11/1.5

2013/14

Before Solskjaer/Under Solskjaer

Scored per game - 0.75/0.94
    Conceded per game - 1.6/2.3
    The only worthwhile question is could we realistically attract anyone better given the dire position we find ourselves?

I think the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Would Nathan Jones do a better job next season? He knows the League better.
    I think he would, I could be wrong, but I can't see him coming here under this ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think he would, I could be wrong, but I can't see him coming here under this ownership.
    I would like to see Nathan Jones, here or alternatively Mark Robins who has done a brilliant job at Coventry on what appears to be more of whip round than a budget!

Being realistic though would either of them fancy coming here under the current owner?

I don’t know how Sabri is going to shape up, if he gets the nod , one thing I’m convinced of is that Pep wouldn’t have got a tune out of the crap we have masquerading as footballers.

No creativity, little pace, no bottle, we’ve had crap representing us before, but it’s hard to remember a team that was so ponderous, gutless and lacking in basic skills than this current lot.

If by some miracle we kept Kipre and Kaba, we would still need 5-6 half decent Championship players who would be up to Championship standards.

I’ve said before, I don’t think anyone could have got a tune out of this dross, SL kept us up and if he can shift out the deadwood and is allowed to bring in the players required, then he might have a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I would like to see Nathan Jones, here or alternatively Mark Robins who has done a brilliant job at Coventry on what appears to be more of whip round than a budget!

Being realistic though would either of them fancy coming here under the current owner?

I don’t know how Sabri is going to shape up, if he gets the nod , one thing I’m convinced of is that Pep wouldn’t have got a tune out of the crap we have masquerading as footballers.

No creativity, little pace, no bottle, we’ve had crap representing us before, but it’s hard to remember a team that was so ponderous, gutless and lacking in basic skills than this current lot.

If by some miracle we kept Kipre and Kaba, we would still need 5-6 half decent Championship players who would be up to Championship standards.

I’ve said before, I don’t think anyone could have got a tune out of this dross, SL kept us up and if he can shift out the deadwood and is allowed to bring in the players required, then he might have a fighting chance.
    I think no bottle is harsh.

Going away to Rotherham after being robbed weeks earlier and coming from behind to win at Watford in key away games shows there is bottle there.

Talent wise we are very poor. I worry about Lamouchi though as tactically and selection wise ive not been impressed.

However hopefully a full pre-season and his own players will see us more comfortable next season.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Before Lamouchi:

End of season:

Warnock did so much better didn't he, with a worse team and harder fixtures!

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, but he is the only one I would pick above Sabri, he had a tough job with a fading weak squad.

My held opinion has been that Lamouche has done some decent work here in at least getting the three away winds that basically kept us up. However I have doubts in that I cannot understand how a good manager can keep picking Ojo, SImpson, Wickham (ok..maybe forced by his loan..), even Rhinomoto and Sawyers. There has to be youth players with more passion, energy and yes, talent than these.

Once was enough for me !

He did inherit a squad that were struggling but didn't do much better than Morison or Hudson. He also had the benefit of Sory Kaba which the others didn't have and his goals undoubtedly saved us.

He's said Kipre and Kaba would both like to come back, which if true would sway it for me to give him a chance for another contract. I think the we've got the basis of a decent team and if he can be backed with a few more signings then it may be a case better the devil you know.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Warnock did so much better didn't he, with a worse team and harder fixtures!
    warnocks schtick works really well in the short term, motivator type managers need something else to turn to when the team has already heard all of their stories and motivations 5 times before.