+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Away Fans at Cardiff

Re: Away Fans at Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Newport County , Welsh Cup Final V Merthyr

Most of them on a mission to wreck everything in their way
    meet Trevor the nomad mentions that game in his life story on the central club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brk81IsEGu8

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not many of them though was there? Definitely the biggest crew they ever brought here although not playing us. What was that jacks v palace game here? 1980 was it? Why was it even here? Anyone go? Before my time
    Second FA Cup replay, we beat Sunderland in one of them at Maine Rd after two draws, home and away.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Saw that the other day…..said it was that actual match that made him see the light….and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You might be right about the enclosures.
    Just had a look on YouTube, the Grange End side of the enclosures is full of Scotland fans. You can see when they get the penalty. The Canton side looks to be Wales. I'd say about 10,000 all in all.

I never thought it was a penalty, but it definitely was. A ****ing stupid one that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Just had a look on YouTube, the Grange End side of the enclosures is full of Scotland fans. You can see when they get the penalty. The Canton side looks to be Wales. I'd say about 10,000 all in all.

I never thought it was a penalty, but it definitely was. A ****ing stupid one that.
    Not had a look yet but definitely recall the enclosures being mainly Jocks.

My 12000 figure could be plucked from anywhere. Still the biggest away following I’ve seen at Cardiff.

The result on the night gripped me for years.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Second FA Cup replay, we beat Sunderland in one of them at Maine Rd after two draws, home and away.
    I was at the maine Road game. I was supposed to be in school told my mam I was going to the pictures. The expected battering when she realised was much scarier than a wander through moss side.
    Also at the Jacks v Palace game close to Rudi Pika as he had some punchbag practice. Who thought Ninian Park was a good place to hold it ?

Newport County , Welsh Cup Final V Merthyr

Most of them on a mission to wreck everything in their way
    The total attendance for the game was probably 7000.

You been sniffing glue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Not had a look yet but definitely recall the enclosures being mainly Jocks.

My 12000 figure could be plucked from anywhere. Still the biggest away following I’ve seen at Cardiff.

The result on the night gripped me for years.
    Me too. I wasn't at Wembley for the Blackpool game. But that Scotland game and especially the Stoke playoff game destroyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I was a schoolboy at the time down the City. We had training at the ground the next day. We would hole up in the away changing room. There was an old treatment table at the centre of the changing room, very old heavy thing from the 60s, Brown leather. I was sat on it, and Stan Montgomery grabbed my shoulders from behind and said to me " Son, Jock Stein died on that table last night" sent a shiver...
    Inspiring motivation in you from Stan Montgomery there

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Wow…not seen Trev in donkeys years.

Quote Originally Posted by Random in Duquesa View Post
    I was at the maine Road game. I was supposed to be in school told my mam I was going to the pictures. The expected battering when she realised was much scarier than a wander through moss side.
    Also at the Jacks v Palace game close to Rudi Pika as he had some punchbag practice. Who thought Ninian Park was a good place to hold it ?
    He also saw off the cockneys on the bob bank when we drew nil nil with West ham in 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The total attendance for the game was probably 7000.

You been sniffing glue?
    We got battered

You would have been too young to remember

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not many of them though was there? Definitely the biggest crew they ever brought here although not playing us. What was that jacks v palace game here? 1980 was it? Why was it even here? Anyone go? Before my time
    I was there on the Bob Bank minding my own business - it was a good game on a snowy night and as I was parked just off Broad Street, I didn't get involved in any of he after game problems.

On a side note, I have a drink with Rudi’s brother, Heino, every Sunday in the Canton, we still talk about Rudi, he battered Bruno in that fight, it a disgrace he never got the decision

We got battered

You would have been too young to remember
    I had to leg it from Newport in Ninian Park Road after watching everyone have a go at it outside the Ninian pub. I was young and quick then which came in particularly handy.

Newport had lads but we're talking biggest numbers in this thread you massive turnip.

Ninian park was Toshack's choice. He won the toss after the replay. That is how it worked apparently. Toss the coin, the winner chooses the venue. was at the game and was in the corner of the Bob bank with city fans. Strange night on the Bob Bank.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    On a side note, I have a drink with Rudi’s brother, Heino, every Sunday in the Canton, we still talk about Rudi, he battered Bruno in that fight, it a disgrace he never got the decision

The 85 Scotland result stayed with me for ages as well. It felt so unfair with them and NI qualifying for back to back WC and us watching. On a similar theme I remember walking into the current stadium in Coleman's last WC qualifier and seeing the f in thousands of Ireland fans and thinking why the hell have we given them so many. It felt an omen - and was!