+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AC v Inter

AC v Inter

Wasn't that fussed on watching this one, especially after the footballing exhibition last night but it's been a good watch so far.

Inter absolutely battering AC who cannot seem to get in the game.

Referee has had a bit of a mare giving a pelanty to Inter at 2 nil then changed his mind after VAR check.

Looked a pelanty in real time and in slomo but apparently a clear and obvious error was made

Could that be a turning point?

Re: AC v Inter

I didn't think it was a penalty but then I rarely do. As always the TV did as they seem to love penalties where I find them dull!!

In real time it was a pelanty all day long but on the slow mo replay it was a blatant dive
    The yellow given to the defender was rescinded but my question is why wasn’t the inter player yellow carded for trying to con the ref???

It did look like minimal contact but even a slight nick on the knee or ankle is enough to cause the recipient to fall when running at pace.

The defender got completely the wrong side, tried to make up for it and caught his man for a pelanty IMHO.

Also, there was no reason for Martinez (was it?) To go down as he was one on one with the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    In real time it was a pelanty all day long but on the slow mo replay it was a blatant dive
    The yellow given to the defender was rescinded but my question is why wasn’t the inter player yellow carded for trying to con the ref???
    Or, if the ref thought it was a pelanty, why did he not give him a straight red according to the law?

Edit: much better start to the half by AC.

Congratulations Real Madrid Manchester City on winning the Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wasn't that fussed on watching this one, especially after the footballing exhibition last night but it's been a good watch so far.

Inter absolutely battering AC who cannot seem to get in the game.

Referee has had a bit of a mare giving a pelanty to Inter at 2 nil then changed his mind after VAR check.

Looked a pelanty in real time and in slomo but apparently a clear and obvious error was made

Could that be a turning point?
    Considering they're away from home, it's been a good showing by Inter. Imagine how much better they'll be playing at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Considering they're away from home, it's been a good showing by Inter. Imagine how much better they'll be playing at home.
    I was thinking the same

The allocation of tickets will change so Inter should be red hot favourites but AC can't play this badly again shirley.

Inter should be 4 or 5 up but 2 nil could well be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Congratulations Real Madrid Manchester City on winning the Champions League
    Looks very much that way, although football doesn't always work out as one might expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The bubble trip for the fans is a weird one.

Pundits were convinced it was a red but he was looking for it and basically threw himself to the floor.

It's hard to gauge the level of contact needed but in this instance it really didn't look anywhere near enough for him to fall the way he did. The theatrical look of it didn't help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Pundits were convinced it was a red but he was looking for it and basically threw himself to the floor.

It's hard to gauge the level of contact needed but in this instance it really didn't look anywhere near enough for him to fall the way he did. The theatrical look of it didn't help him.
    A penalty not red*

As an aside, Ampadu was outstanding in a recent game against an Inter front 3 consisting of Dzeko, Lukaku & Martinez. It will be interesting to see what happens to him now that he only one year left on his contract, and a new manager at Chelsea.

After watching that, I’m wondering how AC got to the semis. Woeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    As an aside, Ampadu was outstanding in a recent game against an Inter front 3 consisting of Dzeko, Lukaku & Martinez. It will be interesting to see what happens to him now that he only one year left on his contract, and a new manager at Chelsea.
    How creepy to just throw that in there

For some perspective that was 9 weeks and games ago and they haven’t won since, losing most of those 9 games - he missed a couple after getting sent off against Lazio - and now back in the relegation zone so looking like the unwanted record of a 3rd relegation in 3 years for your Welsh Wunderkind.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How creepy to just throw that in there

For some perspective that was 9 weeks and games ago and they haven’t won since, losing most of those 9 games - he missed a couple after getting sent off against Lazio - and now back in the relegation zone so looking like the unwanted record of a 3rd relegation in 3 years for your Welsh Wunderkind.
    Just highlighting an excellent performance by the future Welsh captain against the possible Champions League finalists. He's better than Kiwior who recently impressed for Arsenal, and hopefully he will get to play with some decent players next season, instead of carrying a bunch of cloggers

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    After watching that, I’m wondering how AC got to the semis. Woeful.
    Their best player was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The bubble trip for the fans is a weird one.
    Ha ha, just saw this: hilarious 👍

Whichever Italian side get to the final they will win on penalties , its just the way of things , almost a rites of passage in football circles

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whichever Italian side get to the final they will win on penalties , its just the way of things , almost a rites of passage in football circles
    The last time a Champions League final involving an Italian side went to penalties was 2004/05. Liverpool beat AC Milan 3-2 in the shoot-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Just highlighting an excellent performance by the future Welsh captain against the possible Champions League finalists. He's better than Kiwior who recently impressed for Arsenal, and hopefully he will get to play with some decent players next season, instead of carrying a bunch of cloggers
    Of course, silly me, 3 relegations in 3 years with 3 different clubs, must defintley be all the team mates who were not good enough, nothing at all to do with the common player in all 3 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The last time a Champions League final involving an Italian side went to penalties was 2004/05. Liverpool beat AC Milan 3-2 in the shoot-out.
    He's talking about back in the days of catenaccio, black and white TV and short shorts.

I can just picture your eyes lighting up and your google finger raring to go when you 1st read LOM’s post 😂

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Of course, silly me, 3 relegations in 3 years with 3 different clubs, must defintley be all the team mates who were not good enough, nothing at all to do with the common player in all 3 teams.
    Let's see where he goes next. If it's League One then I will agree with you

I'm sure they did , I am talking generally , they do seem to have an ability /disciplines to close the door and run it into penalties ,get a good price if you bet it now