+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Wilson's Blog makes it to Wales Online

Bob Wilson's Blog makes it to Wales Online

Cardiff City fan view: The big question over Lamouchi amid bewildering selections and refusal to pick young guns

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...V9XeGYGVGN8sSg

Re: Bob Wilson's Blog makes it to Wales Online

Assuming that is done without Bobs consent, isn’t that clearly plagiarism and subject to legal advice?

Or is journalism now just copying and pasting other people’s content verbatim and then asking readers to sign up so we can monetize their data and tell us what they think about it?

edit - maybe I’ve jumped the gun there reading it again including the tag line, if so congrats on making the big time?

Not much to disagree with in that article although I question the references to the refusal to pick the young guns. As football is so results orientated and a manager's life is so tenuous especially at Cardiff City any manager in our position would pick his strongest team and not plan for the future. Lamouchi's job was to keep the club in the Championship and that must have been his sole priority. Of course he could have picked youngsters when we were safe but I'm doubtful whether a hammering at Burnley for example would have done them a lot of good. However, it was a thoughtful article and good on Wales Online for airing a real fans view.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Assuming that is done without Bobs consent, isn’t that clearly plagiarism and subject to legal advice?

Or is journalism now just copying and pasting other people’s content verbatim and then asking readers to sign up so we can monetize their data and tell us what they think about it?

edit - maybe I’ve jumped the gun there reading it again including the tag line, if so congrats on making the big time?
    Wales Online approached me on Tuesday asking if they could use the piece - I was happy to let them publish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Not much to disagree with in that article although I question the references to the refusal to pick the young guns. As football is so results orientated and a manager's life is so tenuous especially at Cardiff City any manager in our position would pick his strongest team and not plan for the future. Lamouchi's job was to keep the club in the Championship and that must have been his sole priority. Of course he could have picked youngsters when we were safe but I'm doubtful whether a hammering at Burnley for example would have done them a lot of good. However, it was a thoughtful article and good on Wales Online for airing a real fans view.
    Don't you think that the final game of the season with nothing riding on it would be the best time to give youngsters a go? If it had been a hammering, they wouldn't have got much flak for it if they were genuine untried youngsters. The problem I have with Monday is that we're not talking about untired youngsters here.

Looking at their Wikipedia entries, Eli King has played twenty times in senior football now, Isaak Davies thirty eight, Joel Bagan thirty six if you include the two matches he played on loan for Notts County (could have sworn he played more than hat for them) and Rubin Colwill sixty with eight senior caps as well.

So, we're talking about four players with a combined age of 83 (3x21 plus King who's 20) and a total of one hundred and sixty two appearances in senior football. When do they stop being youngsters who need to be protected and start becoming proper professional footballers? I'd argue that the answer to that question should be something like eighteen months ago in the case of the twenty one year olds and at the start of this season for King.

Jesus you've clearly upset someone (who shall remain anonymous) in the comments section 😆

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Jesus you've clearly upset someone (who shall remain anonymous) in the comments section ��
    'DM68'. Hmmmmmm. I wonder.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't you think that the final game of the season with nothing riding on it would be the best time to give youngsters a go? If it had been a hammering, they wouldn't have got much flak for it if they were genuine untried youngsters. The problem I have with Monday is that we're not talking about untired youngsters here.

Looking at their Wikipedia entries, Eli King has played twenty times in senior football now, Isaak Davies thirty eight, Joel Bagan thirty six if you include the two matches he played on loan for Notts County (could have sworn he played more than hat for them) and Rubin Colwill sixty with eight senior caps as well.

So, we're talking about four players with a combined age of 83 (3x21 plus King who's 20) and a total of one hundred and sixty two appearances in senior football. When do they stop being youngsters who need to be protected and start becoming proper professional footballers? I'd argue that the answer to that question should be something like eighteen months ago in the case of the twenty one year olds and at the start of this season for King.
    Congratulations Bob!

"This "blogger "has a reputation for being totally negative and never has anything good to say about the club" DM 68

PMSL

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You make some good points. However, I don't think a hammering would have done Lamouchi's hope for a new contract a lot of good. But it's a matter of opinion I suppose and that's the point of this forum isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    "This "blogger "has a reputation for being totally negative and never has anything good to say about the club" DM 68

PMSL

������������������
    I replied to him on there, not sure I should have bothered really.

I replied to him on there, not sure I should have bothered really.
    Reputation for being totally negative 😂😂😂

Comedy gold, it’s got to be the best wind up account ever, or there really is a village missing their idiot

Well done sir.

Wales Online approached me on Tuesday asking if they could use the piece - I was happy to let them publish it.
    Any chance you can sign a City shirt for me to add to my collection?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'DM68'. Hmmmmmm. I wonder.
    Do you think it might be our David Michael and he's misrepresenting his age?

Thats great news always said , he was a real decent football writer , far better than the sham that is the welsh media

There is the possibility of course that a six goal hammering or worse may have severely dented Lamouchi's chance of getting the nod for next season, hence his reluctance to blood more youngsters in what was for us a meaningless game.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    There is the possibility of course that a six goal hammering or worse may have severely dented Lamouchi's chance of getting the nod for next season, hence his reluctance to blood more youngsters in what was for us a meaningless game.
    And so he picked Ojo.

I dont think the likes of King , Bagan , Davies would have meant a 6 goal drubbing.

The side selected we have to hope these players are better.

They should have played v Huddersfield.

I would say not giving Bagan a game v a crap Huddersfield side then asking him to mark Benson would have been asking a lot.

We cant buy players. Whoever is our new manager I hope he shows more faith in our younger players because they surely cant be worse than a lot of those selected.

And so he picked Ojo.
    Lamouchi (and DM)knows best not know it all armchair fans Bob.🤣

Sure bagan king davies and colwell all featured at anfield only 16 months ago and didn't lose by 6 either

And so he picked Ojo.
    Good point !

For a massive fee of course.

That you immediately donated to a local charidy.....

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Reputation for being totally negative 😂😂😂

Comedy gold, it’s got to be the best wind up account ever, or there really is a village missing their idiot
    Of course he's an idiot. You'd have to be especially dense to post such nonsense to a far wider audience, who appear to be tearing him a new arsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    For a massive fee of course.

That you immediately donated to a local charidy.....
    I took the massive fee for granted- that might have been a mistake.