+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

Playoffs

Peterborough 3-0 up against Wednesday after 50 minutes having snuck in on the final day! Wednesday finished 19 points clear of Peterborough in the league and just 2 off Ipswich

Re: Playoffs

Losing MacGuiness cost them autos I reckon. He was a key player there.

3 City rejects in their line up probably not helping lol

The Ex Cardiff players have been awful
    But then again so have the rest of Wednesday team
    I suppose I’d rather be up against Peterborough next season though

People saying Flint and Vaulks would be good for us, shocks me how people forget how rubbish they are.

Peterborough have players from league 1 and no-league on the pitch who look comfortable on the ball. Yes, it's league 1, but whenever they received the ball a Peterborough player knew what to do with the ball. So much movement.

I feel sorry for Wednesday , a huge club

But it's 90 minutes us v them etc and they got leathered

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    People saying Flint and Vaulks would be good for us, shocks me how people forget how rubbish they are.
    They’d never get a game in this Cardiff City team which is apparently the worst we’ve had in 20+ years

There were one or two posters on here that were bemoaning the fact we got rid of Aden Flint.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...93-aden-flint/

League 1 wouldn't have been pretty next season for us if Peterborough finished only 6th.

Looked better than most of the teams I've seen at ccs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    League 1 wouldn't have been pretty next season for us if Peterborough finished only 6th.

There’s not much difference between top half of league 1 and bottom of champo from what I’ve seen

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Don’t want them coming up either, do we ever beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I feel sorry for Wednesday , a huge club

But it's 90 minutes us v them etc and they got leathered
    Bollocks to them. I couldn't give a rat's arse if they're a big club or not. Suppose, just hypothetically, that Liverpool had just lost 4-0 at Peterborough in a play-off first leg. I doubt you'd feel sorry for them. So does your feeling sorry extend to all supposed "big" clubs or just some of them?

My goodness it reads like this message board

Get the owners out
    The whole squad needs releasing
    Total reset on the club
    Fan of 67 years stopping
    Manager is out of his depth

They’ve only just missed out on automatics and had one bad game in the play offs.

Funny when you see it as an outsider

Imagine being a Wednesday fan and having to turn up the 2nd leg 4 down.
    Also seeing the neighbours getting promotion and taking the pish.

Once you’re in that league you need to be prepared to spend time there as it’s unforgiving - many a big club has struggled to get out of it quickly.

Even more galling for Sheffield Wednesday that it was their victory against Derby a week earlier that meant that Peterborough snuck into the final place in the play-offs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    My goodness it reads like this message board

Get the owners out
    The whole squad needs releasing
    Total reset on the club
    Fan of 67 years stopping
    Manager is out of his depth

They’ve only just missed out on automatics and had one bad game in the play offs.

Funny when you see it as an outsider
    It's ridiculous but all too common in the short term outlook of a football fan.

They just finished with a record point tally for 3rd. Any other year they would be up and fans optimistic about the championship with a good core of players. Worrying if someone will poach the manager or better players.

Lose 4 nil and I saw one fan ripping up his 2nd leg ticket. It can't help that Sheff U have gone back to the prem.

It can't be good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Flinty and Warnock back stuff of dreams for some

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Even more galling for Sheffield Wednesday that it was their victory against Derby a week earlier that meant that Peterborough snuck into the final place in the play-offs at all.
    That's what I thought. The irony of it. I bet they wish they hadn't beaten Derby now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    That's what I thought. The irony of it. I bet they wish they hadn't beaten Derby now.
    What were the 2 results of the actual league games between the 2 sides this season (I can’t be arsed looking)

I think off the top of my head... Peterborough 2:0 Wednesday: Wednesday 1:0 Peterborough.

First Team

You can slam the concept of the playoffs on so many fronts but you cannot deny that they bring a certain drama to the game.
    Besides all are aware of the consequences of not gaining an automatic promotion place at the start of the season.
    I'm all for them but will obviously whinge with the best of them should we find ourselves in a similar position.
    That's the burden of following football in that it will almost always kick you in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    You can slam the concept of the playoffs on so many fronts but you cannot deny that they bring a certain drama to the game.
    Besides all are aware of the consequences of not gaining an automatic promotion place at the start of the season.
    I'm all for them but will obviously whinge with the best of them should we find ourselves in a similar position.
    That's the burden of following football in that it will almost always kick you in the nuts.
    I absolutely adore the playoffs. Best ever innovation in football IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I absolutely adore the playoffs. Best ever innovation in football IMO
    Interestingly, the play offs, then known as test matches, were introduced in the 1892-93 season. As is now, it was a way of determining promotion & relegation and, as the play offs that we know now were originally, involved the bottom sides of the division above as well as the top sides in the division below.

1987 was a revival of a system almost a hundred years before.