+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conservative Democratic Organisation

Conservative Democratic Organisation

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2309251.html

Billed as a grouping aimed at making the Party more democratic. Formed by a Johnson lackey, Lord Cruddas, who in turn has been cozying with Aaron Banks.

First conference today being addressed by Johnson stalwarts, Rees-Mogg, Patel and Dorries. Interesting to see whether this is the last hurrah for the dispossessed or the start of a Momentum-type grouping seeking to take influence and power via Tory grassroots.

Re: Conservative Democratic Organisation

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Billed as a grouping aimed at making the Party more democratic. Formed by a Johnson lackey, Lord Cruddas, who in turn has been cozying with Aaron Banks.

First conference today being addressed by Johnson stalwarts, Rees-Mogg, Patel and Dorries. Interesting to see whether this is the last hurrah for the dispossessed or the start of a Momentum-type grouping seeking to take influence and power via Tory grassroots.
    Do the Tories still have grassroots?

I thought their membership numbers were down to SNP levels?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Do the Tories still have grassroots?

I thought their membership numbers were down to SNP levels?
    https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...fings/sn05125/

Though the fewer the number the easier it is to make the kind of move this bunch seem to be planning.

Any time you see the word "Democratic" in an organisation's name you understand it's anything but.

Another peculiarly Tory misnomer is the word "Research".

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Any time you see the word "Democratic" in an organisation's name you understand it's anything but.

Another peculiarly Tory misnomer is the word "Research".
    What about the Liberal Democrats ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    What about the Liberal Democrats ?
    I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but I've no idea what ideology they stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but I've no idea what ideology they stand for.
    Did you not listen to the template rhetoric from Sir Keir this morning ? , he made Ed Davey look decisive - and that takes some doing.

When Starma still cant tell us if a woman can have a penis or whether Eddie izzard can apply for an all woman MP short list then he doesnt quite have 'it' , you would have thought with all his privately funded education he would be a bit better at public speaking by now. At least Jezza knew what he stood for

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Did you not listen to the template rhetoric from Sir Keir this morning ? , he made Ed Davey look decisive - and that takes some doing.

When Starma still cant tell us if a woman can have a penis or whether Eddie izzard can apply for an all woman MP short list then he doesnt quite have 'it' , you would have thought with all his privately funded education he would be a bit better at public speaking by now. At least Jezza knew what he stood for
    I'm no fan of Starmer by the way.

So far, so predictable. The Local Election losses were all someone else's fault (ie, the "centrists" (Badenoch, Braverman etc) who have taken over the party and it would never have happened if MPs hadn't ditched the most formidable electoral asset since Thatcher.

https://news.sky.com/story/priti-pat...party-12879623

Have they started colluding with Russia on the Alfa Bank hotline yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Have they started colluding with Russia on the Alfa Bank hotline yet?
    As Eric pointed out elsewhere you seem incapable of adding anything of relevance to the overwhelming majority of threads you pollute. This being a case in point.

Have you ever wondered why the overwhelming majority of posters on here that aren't you think you come over as a bit of a prat or shove you on ignore. Spoiler alert: it's not because they are in awe of your brilliance!

As Eric pointed out elsewhere you seem incapable of adding anything of relevance to the overwhelming majority of threads you pollute. This being a case in point.

Have you ever wondered why the overwhelming majority of posters on here that aren't you think you come over as a bit of a prat or shove you on ignore. Spoiler alert: it's not because they are in awe of your brilliance!
    It's one of the pitfalls associated with being a voice of reason.

PS I'm not here to appease you and Erik who like to post after a few drinks!

These National Conservatives didn’t think their name through properly. Or did they? Nat’Cs

Led by their very own fascist and the next leader of the Cons Sue Ellen. Only thing is, right wing populism only works when the so called leader is popular. Shall I tell her or will you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's one of the pitfalls associated with being the forum ultracrepidarian

PS I'm not here to appease you and Erik who like to post after a few drinks!
    there you go, fixed your post for you.

Last week it was the Conservative Democratic Organisation, this week it’s Nat Con where Rees-Mogg admitted that the voter identity bill was an example of gerrymandering aimed at stopping youngsters, who are thought to be more left wing, from voting.

I’ve just been listening to the News Agents podcast on Nat Con and the best bit was where the right wings Champions of free speech stepped in to stop Lewis Goodall interviewing audience members